The Shadowmoon "I remember" thread.

5 Orc Shaman
Playing on SM in vanilla was easily the most fun I've had in WoW. I remember when MC caps were worth going engi for, doing 5-man live strat and hellfire getting interrupted leading to wipes, someone convincing me getting cloth with + armor and high + stam was baller for aoeing during pushes in AV, Delish getting a full BS team in AV the first time and our failure to immediately steamroll the alliance, a thousand birds screaming in Bolo's? house whenever he talked on vent, etc.

with that said, i remember when caen made apathy. i used to put it on while i was doing work around the house. perfect soundtrack.

Apathy was pretty awesome, but Bucwild's first PVP video was incredible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I miss being able to drop an infernal on low-level towns and just let it wreck everything. They used to start out as what was basically a mob, so they didn't need lowbies to be PvP tagged to kill them.

I also miss being able to double or even triple a horde lowbie's AP by putting curse of recklessness on them.

I also miss being able to make players immune to fear with curse of recklessness. Hunter epic bow quest anyone?

I miss being able to do a lot of things that weren't specifically intended. They've gotten rid of pretty much all of them =(
Edited by Lyuba on 10/22/2011 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I miss being able to do a lot of things that weren't specifically intended. They've gotten rid of pretty much all of them =(

Yeah :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I miss putting curse of recklessness on a low level mob and watch it wreck the lowbie trying to kill it.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
xD
I remember when I healed with like a champion every week with Palyishard. :(

Ragnaros the guild killer. DIAF. Worst expac ever.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I remember (while playing horde) gathering the guild together for 40 man Molten Core in Kargath and getting jumped by the guild Faith.

Then we had to gather our bodies and speed off to Molten Core with said guild in hot pursuit, just to gather by the entrance inside the mountain and watch while our priests mind controled them relentlessly into the lava.

It was an adrenaline rush just to get to the instance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
PvP on the lse of QQ right after I transfered here. nyalith taking half of my health with trinkets/starfire. Sup Bro mages and priests mowing people down. and muffinator coming to the lolrescue. boomkin duels out front of stormwind/if with some amazing rogues.

fun game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
PvP on the lse of QQ right after I transfered here. nyalith taking half of my health with trinkets/starfire. Sup Bro mages and priests mowing people down. and muffinator coming to the lolrescue. boomkin duels out front of stormwind/if with some amazing rogues.

fun game.

I miss watching Muffinator wreck everyone.

=(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman

fun game.

xD boomkin was fun back in the day
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

fun game.

I miss watching Muffinator wreck everyone.

=(

I swore at one point, Muff was following me everywhere. I'd start casting on someone, then he'd open on me.

Also,

I remember when Blizz made daily areas a must because it openned up new areas and parts of raids, like the Isle.
Reply Quote
I remember Outlands being down.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember when the Horde didn't suck at pvp....-_-
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a memory specific to my playing experience, but I remember being level 15ish on my very first character at Sentinel Hill in Westfall in Vanilla when Eternals' whole raid came by, presumably on their way to get the ZG buff. I had just discovered that different pieces of gear looked different on your character, so to see 40 people running in wearing really cool gear glowing and sparkling all over the place was pretty sweet. Kinda miss that feeling of seeing/being that guy in awesome gear that people knew had taken a difficult effort to acquire just by looking at them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember Mewmew and the rest of GG Inc and rezzing people just so they could gank them again, also their making fun of RP servers
I remember Prayer threads before they'd been done into the ground
I Remember the run from the thorium Brotherhood site to Black Rock Mountain
I remember killing <Brasil> on sight, and doing the same to <crap clam> and then making fun of them mercilessly on the forums
I remember Silverback being bad
I remember Jamaz's videos making me glad I chose Paladin, and take up engineering
I remember having T2 gear made you an Ironforge superstar

I also remember pre battlegroup Alliance queue times, though I'd rather forget them. Hour 15 minute AV queue? Alright its decent today!
Edited by Retsu on 10/24/2011 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]