Announced Warlock Changes for 5.0 and Beyond.

100 Orc Warlock
  • Unique resource for each spec.

• Affliction will keep Soul Shards, they are currently not interesting enough but devs have cool ideas for them.

• Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...

• Destruction will get Infernal Embers. The destruction warlock who keeps getting casting fire spells get hotter and hotter and will eventually deal insane amount of damage, you can build it up pretty quickly and unleash your big spell.

• Looks pretty interesting.
    Reply Quote
    6 Worgen Rogue

The destruction warlock who keeps getting casting fire spells get hotter and hotter and will eventually deal insane amount of damage, you can build it up pretty quickly and unleash your big spell.[/li]

So any guess how many minutes of live time this will last before being nerfed into the ground?
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Warlock
    I have extremely high hopes for Demonology. !@#$ sounds tight!
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warlock
    dat lock baby
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Warlock

The destruction warlock who keeps getting casting fire spells get hotter and hotter and will eventually deal insane amount of damage, you can build it up pretty quickly and unleash your big spell.[/li]

So any guess how many minutes of live time this will last before being nerfed into the ground?

Nah, it'll just get dispelled or it will require a gazillion hard casts that you probably won't be able to pull off in PvP.

10/21/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Worlack
    Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...

Gonna suck if they make this automatic and take away our ability to decide when to pop Meta.
    Edited by Elizander on 10/21/2011 3:04 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Warlock
    Looks pretty interesting.

Looks like any chance we had for getting burst at the top of a fight is out the window.

Further, it looks like we might not be able to control when we get to use our most powerful abilities, so for instance, just as we build up enough charges to be awesome, the boss will go into some phase where it won't matter.

We also lose the ability to pop Meta in response to being trained by melee.
    Edited by Gadsden on 10/21/2011 3:07 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Priest
    If Harvest of Life makes it to live, I'm rolling the !@#$ out of a lock.

Drain tanking lives!
    Reply Quote
    Still don't know about Destruction. I hope the few fire spells we cast actually hit hard to begin with and maybe remove cools from chaosbolt.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warlock
    There was literally nothing there that I didn't like.

About Infernal Embers, I have the suspicion that the buff will also deal damage to us as it increases, kind of like the mage's Arcane Blast drains mana. Would serve to give a use to all those healing abilites we'd get.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warlock
    Assuming Sacrificial Pact is used by our pet, making it independent of the gcd, I cannot wait to bubble hearth.

I'm also glad we're getting demonic sacrifice back. No more worrying about our pet randomly derping out for no reason.
    Edited by Vreivai on 10/21/2011 4:30 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock
    Demonology will get Demonic Fury, you build up Demonic Fury and you metamorphosize when you max your Demonic Fury. More skills will be added to Demon Form, etc ...

Sounds like the opposite of unholy DKs and their ghouls. I hate ramp-up time with a passion, but I'm intrigued by some of the possibilities.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warlock
    I'm not sure if I like having to choose between shadowfury, howl of terror, and death coil*, seeing how I can use all 3 right now. :| Not too fond of destruction being only further solidified as "the warlock fire mage tree" either, but oh well. Everything else looks pretty interesting.

Sacrifical Pact though...OMG FINALLY IT'S THE BUBBLE WE'VE BEEN WANTING FOR ALL THESE YEARS!

The cast-while-moving ability...seems lacking though. Doubling the cast time will make it pretty awful in pvp, and pvp is the crowd that wants it the most. Pretty sure this will get refined though, but we'll see.

Must learn moar!

*this assumes that "mortal coil" is in fact death coil with a new name rather than a pick-this-talent-to-upgrade-death coil option
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock
    Destro is goin to be badass. everyone hating on it now, but wait until 4.3 and next expansion. Goin to be sick. woohoo
    But i also enjoy demo as well, goin to try out both, but both look interesting.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warlock
    I'm curious as to what this "Malefic Grasp" ability is.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Warlock
    Looking at some of the abilities such as Bloodstone, and Hour of Twilight, I can't help but wonder if we will get some sort of tank role. As it stands they're not so great sounding in PvP situations, save Bloodstone possibly, and all of them do kind of have a bit of a tank-esque flavor to them as well.

Perhaps? Perhaps not. I know I welcome the idea of being a caster class that is also viable to tank. Demonic Fury...build up until metamorphosis hmm? I wonder what additional abilities that demon form will have?

It's not too far flung of an idea, wouldn't you agree?
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    It seems that a lot of the talents let you choose between self-reliance and healer reliance. I would like to see Warlocks strong in double DPS comps and situations where a healer may not be immediately available.

I'm thinking Demon Form may not be tied to survivability and DPS... at least not like it is now. I'm thinking it might be up more often and provide new utility or a different style of play while it is up. It probably won't have a huge ramp up time because that would make it significantly worse than it is now.
    Edited by Lokei on 10/21/2011 6:54 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Warlock
    I wouldn't discount that. But my hopes are still on high for a tanking role.
    Reply Quote
    100 Gnome Warlock
    Harvest of life (aoe channeled spell which stacks)
    +casting while moving
    = running through low content aoeing the entire zone otw to the bosses.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]