98 Blood Elf Rogue
Just gonna drop this off:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1293/mylol.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just gonna drop this off:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1293/mylol.jpg
By far the most copy/pasted so far.

When have these creatures had an xpac named after them? Never.

4 out of 12 are playable races. One is the new panda race so it drops to 3.

Many of these "fit" with the world of warcraft, not just lore either. None of them are overtly silly or light hearted such as pandas.

The cow people, minotuars, are in a great deal of fantasy based games.

I could go on and on for hours about how bad and tired this argument is. Of all people I figured you would not have posted something like this...I misjudged you

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

How many posts do you see that actually say something along the lines of "Well im just going to try it out and see if its good or not" compared to "Why don't you just quit, I love the expac"? I for one see more fanboy type comments than anything else.

I have just a little to comment against as people do for. Lack of a good trailer and little to no info. So those defending like I said above are just as bad and just as many. Fanboy.

Class balance is NOT impossible. It can be done, albeit very time consuming and a !@#$ ton of coding. Instead of a new class and race, how about they put that effort into balance?? To say it cannot be done, I call BS. I have infact put forth good ideas on how to balance it. Separate pvp from pve. I will not take up 3 full pages on how I said it was a good idea to do it but it can be done.

I don't think that they based their pandaren off of kung fu panda, but the similarities are a bit too much. Of all the things they could have done with it, they made it look pretty damned close.

I don't see very many people saying the xpac isn't going "lighter" than previous xpacs, which I for one dislike very much. They prmise, but how often do they produce what the promise, to have this great war amongst the factions. They sure might, but so far, it looks silly, childish, light-hearted...etc

Im willing to bet with this backlash from so many they will start changing things they had planned all ready. In fact, im willing to bet they will. You say the forum posts don't do anything but make people look like crybabies? How do you think things get done in the game? They cater to the "crybabies" and give em what they want. case in point, pandas.

And you keep bringing up 10 million, its lower than that btw. They lost 700k in the first 6 months of cata and the next sub list will be lower when it comes out.

heres something very interesting I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ns-IIn-DG-c

Its not completely off topic as its a very very big part of why I do not want to renew my sub for the PandaPac. Oh, and pandas and pokemon. I emplore you and everyone who reads this to WATCH THAT VIDEO!

Not once did I ever say "I love this expansion." All I said was "If you don't like it, quit and stop going on and on about why you don't like the game you're still paying for."

Complaining posts are pointless if they do nothing but complain. No one reads those. Unless your constructive posts on class balance are how to balance each and every class against every other class, they're ignored. Most people just call for blanket nerfs to the class the kills them while calling for buffs to their own class, nevermind how that might screw up the rest of the game." Who cares if the game is balanced as long as I can faceroll everyone I come across!"

Add on the fact that the developers and CMs don't even read the realm forums for ideas and suggestions, so your complaints here are just you pissing in the wind.

And I challenge you to come up with an Asian themed anything that involves martial arts and pandas and not have it resemble "Kung Fu Panda". The only similarities are the chinese-themed setting (which has been around a lot longer than the movie) and the appearance of the pandas (which have also been around a lot longer than the movie).

Honestly, if the only defense you can come up with is, "You defend a Blizzard decision, you are a Fanboy and therefore stupid and I am awesome because I am being contrary." I seriously misjudged you.
I do not need a defense as im stating my personal opinions on why I, among other people, will most likely not play the PandaPac.

I didn't say you exactly when referring to how fanboys defend the game so much and they know almost nothing about.

Since when did it HAVE to be asian themed? I may be wrong, as I have not read it anywhere but I think the pandaren thought up and made before the asian theme. I'm going to say the Asian theme was put in because of the pandaren. I would NOT have made them look the way they do, at all.

I would have gone with the "vocal minority" about the emerald dream xpac instead. Or if I somehow had a say in it I would have fixed the entire current classes with rehauling things whilst adding new content.
Edited by Odinn on 10/31/2011 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Rogue
They are rehauling things. The whole wiping out the talent trees can potentially go a long way towards balancing clsses.

Why are the Pandaren the focus of a new expansion? Because of all the sentient races in the world of Azeroth, Pandaren are one of the most extensively developed and discussed races. The amount of discussion they generate on various internet forums is staggering to say the least.

The Emerald Dream doesn't make sense as an expansion. At most it would just be a handful of raids and dungeons you pop into momentarily.

Do you honestly think that the Panderan will be the bumbling, childish idiot from the movies? The whole race and culture is drawn from a very rich and storied history (CHINA).

And how can you make the Panderan look any different than they already do? Not possible and still have them be Panderan. If you can't look at the Panderan without thinking of Po, that's your fault. You're just automatically assuming they'll be silly and childish without knowing anything at all about them.

Oh and...

10/31/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Odinn
I didn't say you exactly when referring to how fanboys defend the game so much and they know almost nothing about.

TBH you are starting to sound like a fanboy with jeina
Edited by Jeina on 10/31/2011 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
10/31/2011 08:28 PMPosted by Jeina
TBH you are starting to sound like a fanboy with jeina

If the shoe fits.............
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I'll post my 2 cents on this toon... since some how I got forum banned on my other account. Really after all the swearing and badmouthing I did in the past year on these forums talking about Blizzard, I say one thing about Mists of Kung Fu Panda and I get a 72 forum ban. Whatever.

Anyway, I don't think most people are pissed off just about Mists of Pandaria. Granted, I think it's rather lame looking, but that's my own perspective. Take it for what it's worth. I believe that this newly announced xpac was just the last straw for a lot of people.

Many forum posts have been made (and yes in the appropriate threads and forums too, not just realm forums) about the changes that Blizzard needs to make to WoW, but hasn't done, or changes they promissed to make but failed at in one way or another. Let's begin.

Class balance, the most obvious. Buff Paladins, nerf paladins, buff feral bleeds, nerf feral bleeds, buff feral bleeds, but nerft feral shapeshifting. Buff pally healers, make them insanely mana efficient, then increase their spell mana cost... which did nothing. Make shadow priests arcane mages without the mobility. Hunters... nuff said. Frost mages... nuff said, blah blah. Okay, class balance is hard, but the number of CCs and stuns in this game has become rediculous. Dead issue. Moving on.

Healing was supposed be reduced in Cata to coicide with increased healing pools. Initially was, now it's OP again just like in Wrath. Then they gave almost all toons a self heal. WTF. Failure.

High end raids were made harder in Cata since they seemed too easy in Wrath. Then people cried, and they were made easier. And no body still likes doing 5 man heroics.

Tol Barad peninsula 1600 honor win trading. Seriously... how can you implement a reward for winning of that ammount and not expect win trading to occur. That one still makes me laugh. Had fun freezing people in place so they couldn't get their honor though. Good times.

These are just a few of the changes they said were supposed to happen but didn't or somehow got lost in the shuffle. Point is, making posts on the appropriate forum threads is a waste of time because you never get a straight answer and it feels like you are talking to air. The number of good players posting on the suggestions threads about much needed class changes that never EVER get addressed shows they don't care.

In the end, my main reason for quitting is I feel that Blizzard has ceased to care about making a quality game and only cares about making a crap ton of money. And keep in mind that I decided to quit BEFORE I saw anything related to the new expac.
Edited by Dwergatal on 10/31/2011 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/21/2011 07:41 PMPosted by Morwynn
Maybe it's the painful Pokemon-ish feel of the new pet battle system.

First of all. Pokemon is awesome and provided this addition goes well I am excited.

Second of all OP, we know....almost nothing in regards to the next expansion. it is a little early to make any judgements.

So...Personally i am excited and cannot fathom why you are not.

On a side note, Pandas have existed in the WoW universe for quite some time, and people have been asking for them for....Well sense WoW started it was only a matter of time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
First of all. Pokemon is awesome and provided this addition goes well I am excited. Second of all OP, we know....almost nothing in regards to the next expansion. it is a little early to make any judgements. So...Personally i am excited and cannot fathom why you are not. On a side note, Pandas have existed in the WoW universe for quite some time, and people have been asking for them for....Well sense WoW started it was only a matter of time.

If pokemon is so awsome, why aren't you playing that instead?

And, if its so early to make any judgements, I can't see what your so excited about other than your willing to pay your $15.00 a month, plus the cost of the xpac, regardless of what crap blizz puts out.

And on a side note, no matter how long pandas have existed in the wow universe, its crap. And i have never heard once even in joking anyone say prior to announcement of Mists of Crap, that oooooooo they base an entire xpac on panda's.

And yes it was only a matter time, unfortunatly it has come sooner than expected, as i have said before, sub numbers will prove my argument to be true.
Reply Quote
Yes, we can accept space cows but not pandas that actually live on azeroth and didnt need to crash a spaceship to get here. I like the asian theme, its something different than the horde metal and the alliance bricks everywhere. It's also a land no one has seen besides the pandaren so the look is refreshing in my OPINION. =)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah your exactly right, space cows = wellll whatever

But panda's?, pandas = crap

Sorry bro, but i have to chuckle when an undead pvper can't wait to play a panda.
Reply Quote
i have no interest to play a panda, but pandas wont bother me anyway. im sticking to my undead lock/mage
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/01/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Sothe
Maybe it's the painful Pokemon-ish feel of the new pet battle system.

First of all. Pokemon is awesome and provided this addition goes well I am excited.

Second of all OP, we know....almost nothing in regards to the next expansion. it is a little early to make any judgements.

So...Personally i am excited and cannot fathom why you are not.

On a side note, Pandas have existed in the WoW universe for quite some time, and people have been asking for them for....Well sense WoW started it was only a matter of time.
The pokemon thing doesn't bother me. I think its pointless and could have used the time to go towards something else but its something I never have to see or play if I so choose. Pandas and pandaria, not so much.

I can turn your statement around and ask the same thing to you, with little to nothing known about the PandaPac, how can you make judgements or for that matter be excited? You, like I was, sound like you will just play anything blizz puts out for wow and expect it to be great.

This is a tired subject and is going nowhere anymore. Threre are people who won't be swayed no matter what (for or against) and there are those who will wait to see more info before final judgements. That post was my initial reaction right after the announcement at blizzcon. FYI, there were very loud and clearly audible boos from the crowd after the video.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/01/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Kiryn
If pokemon is so awsome, why aren't you playing that instead?

Who said i wasnt playing it?

And, if its so early to make any judgements, I can't see what your so excited about other than your willing to pay your $15.00 a month, plus the cost of the xpac, regardless of what crap blizz puts out.

Because, while some people are pissy until proven good, I am excited until proven bad?

And on a side note, no matter how long pandas have existed in the wow universe, its crap.

Your opinion.

And i have never heard once even in joking anyone say prior to announcement of Mists of Crap, that oooooooo they base an entire xpac on panda's.

regardless of if you have seen it or not, people have wanted to see them in game for quite some time. maybe not a whole expansion but *Shrugs*

And yes it was only a matter time, unfortunatly it has come sooner than expected, as i have said before, sub numbers will prove my argument to be true.

Well, lets wait and see then shall we?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This is a tired subject and is going nowhere anymore. Threre are people who won't be swayed no matter what (for or against) and there are those who will wait to see more info before final judgements.

Yeah....This is the internet >.>

can turn your statement around and ask the same thing to you, with little to nothing known about the PandaPac, how can you make judgements or for that matter be excited? You, like I was, sound like you will just play anything blizz puts out for wow and expect it to be great.

I said it in the post above me as well. it was on a personal level. Because you are going to spout it is crap until it can be proven good. I am going to go "Wow looks awesome" until it is proven bad, IE playing it myself.
Edited by Sothe on 11/1/2011 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I said it in the post above me as well. it was on a personal level. Because you are going to spout it is crap until it can be proven good. I am going to go "Wow looks awesome" until it is proven bad, IE playing it myself.
If this isn't the definition of fanboy, I don't know what is.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Rogue
11/01/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Odinn

I hope you're not one of the random internet idiots who uses the term fanboy negatively.

A person who takes Sothe's stance is no different than someone who takes your stance. Good until proven bad or bad until proven good. It's the same damn argument with polar opposite opinions. To insult him is to insult yourself.*

Besides, aren't you a Diablo fanboy? It's all the same. Play what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. And certainly don't judge someone just because they enjoy something you don't. Just makes you look petty and close-minded. And idiotic. Also childish and silly. Which means you'd fit right in with your idea of this upcoming expansion.

*Hypothetically. I don't know if you're trying to insult him or not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
nerds still mad cuz pandas news@11

l8z
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I don't take it as an insult because it is kind of true. A company that has thus far produced a great game (Enough to keep my playing for over 6 years) has earned the right for me to not immediately judge their next product as bad. The same could b e said for Nintendo, and other non game related things.

It is kind of not true because I take this stance on anything that gives itself a 1/2 decent presentation.

You know how when we are young we all learn "Don't judge a book by its cover" ?

I am just one of the few who still applies this to life.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/01/2011 04:24 PMPosted by Jeina

I hope you're not one of the random internet idiots who uses the term fanboy negatively.

A person who takes Sothe's stance is no different than someone who takes your stance. Good until proven bad or bad until proven good. It's the same damn argument with polar opposite opinions. To insult him is to insult yourself.*

Besides, aren't you a Diablo fanboy? It's all the same. Play what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, don't play it. And certainly don't judge someone just because they enjoy something you don't. Just makes you look petty and close-minded. And idiotic. Also childish and silly. Which means you'd fit right in with your idea of this upcoming expansion.

*Hypothetically. I don't know if you're trying to insult him or not.

Thank you for defending me.

And people say all horde are vile baby eating green monsters. <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thank you for defending me.

And people say all horde are vile baby eating green monsters. <3

They are, don't lie. For this they must all be hunted and they must be purged from Azeroth! *raises sword to charge in, but stops*

Oh wait...I'm not a paladin...Damnit!

But I digress, I can try and through in my two cents into this discussion if possible. I'll be honest and say my first impressions were basically, "What the #### is this ####, they can't be ####-ing serious!?" But over time and just plain realizing it's going to happen no matter what, I've grown fond of it. I mean, the monks is a different idea, yes. I wish they didn't change the talent system like they did (since coming from an ex-Everquest 2 player) because the new system looks almost EXACTLY the same as EQ2's, but I again digress.

But the point here being is that I'm now kinda looking forward to the change in scenery and seeing some new faces, because I'll be honest, I really like WoW but I'm bored with the same dungeons and the same things to the point that I would like something new, you know? I'm trying to see the upsides with this expansion and though it feels like it's copying stuff and the idea of panda's does strike a bit odd (and that they can be either faction, when they could add Ogres into the Horde and Panderin as Alliance, but I again digress as that is merely my own opinion).

My main point to all of this, is that we shouldn't put down this until we see it for ourselves. Sure the trailer could have told a bit more and bla bla bla, but I think we should at the very least give it a try. If it turns out to be crap, then fine it's crap, but at least then you can say that you've tried it, instead of whining about it before hand and not even trying it because it feels too different. Because that's what it's all about, in my opinion, trying something new, something different, something to spice things up some. You know?

Edit: No offence to anyone.
Edited by Daniyel on 11/1/2011 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]