Anyone here quitting over Mists of Pandaria?

87 Blood Elf Rogue
Pox
If so, can I have your stuff?
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Honestly, there's still so little info--even with all the panels at BlizzCon--and so much that will change during the next year or so, that it's really premature.

In the Lore panel now, they did say we don't really know anything about them. We have one appearance in WC3, and one random April Fool's Joke, but Metzen also said "We're not basing a whole expansion on an April Fool's Joke." There is story, there is lore, and there are a lot more things happening than adding in a new class and race with an Asian flavor.

Keep in mind, too, that Pandaren have been the most asked about creatures/race for years according to Blue Posts. So people do apparently want them, even if not everyone.

Closer to the actual release date and the beta info coming out, then people may be able to decide clearly if MoP will be the expac that takes them out of WoW.

And I do know a lot of folks who currently plan to sub to both TOR and WoW simultaneously, so whatever on that front.
Reply Quote
I think people's knee-jerk reaction is uncalled for. I would agree that the trailer was kind of...a deep exhale after all the previous expansions high-intensity sense of urgency.

It's odd that people are comparing the panderans to Kung Fu Panda even though the panderans appeared first in Warcraft 3 (or was it the expansion?).

I don't mind most of the changes and am going to trust Blizz' choices at least until the expansion comes out.

That said I have to choose which alt to delete to make an awesome bouncy panda.

-Feisty.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Pandaren have been about since pre-Warcraft 3, with Samwise's doodles. They were involved in an April Fool's joke some years ago, but they were also almost the Alliance race in Burning Crusade. They've been about longer than a silly kids' movie.

I dunno about needing to delete a character; one of the things they're looking at is increasing slots per server--possibly by removing per server restrictions, and keeping the account limit (50 characters) and putting them on whatever servers you want.

The ramp up of the Alliance-Horde war is more of the story than "just" Pandaren. Theramore's apparently taking a beating in 5.0 to kick off the escalated war--now with no major bad guy interruptions! Seriously, going to war with each other while also fighting Illidan/the Legion, and Arthas, and then Deathwing? Kinda dumb.

Also, ramping up the "epic" every single expac is rough on storytelling, both to tell and to hear/play through. How many people are underwhelmed by Cataclysm, despite all the revamping of lower level content and cool stuff at 85, though there wasn't enough of it? More things to do during leveling and at max level sounds like a nice option to me, if it pans out.

Either way, better opinion forming shall happen when the beta news rolls around. If even some of the proposed features at BlizzCon make it that far, it'll be interesting to see how it all works.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
To OP:
You must have played other MMOs where this kind of situation came up. EVE Online, perhaps?

To those quitting (which appears to be none of the posters here so far):
Read first. If you genuinely don't like how MoP is going to end up, then leave. But keep the whining out of Trade and post non-offensive criticism of it (read: we heard "The furries are going to invade WoW" nonstop as Cata was on the way in; we don't need to hear it now.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I gave up on Cata, as they changed the game so much, all I do on toons is cooking and fishing daily, the holiday runs. and TB/BH.
my guild raids to early and life doesnt allow me to raid as much as I did before.
but I dont care if they made it pandas or pokemons,
i'm looking forward to both! hell the whole expansion. seems like raiding end game isnt the all end or the only thing you can do. mini games, side quests for VP
3 level of raids, randoms, regular and heroics
this new expansion has room for everyone and everything.
from the pokemon gamers, to the console quick random raids, to the dedicated heroics.
seriously you're going to cry and quit because of a Panda?
from all I see so far... they want to bring the "fun" back into WoW,
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
just signed BOTH of my accounts to the 1 year deal.

...so, no, you may not have my stuff.
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Yeah, I wasn't sure that I was getting D3. But I do the 6 month sub on WoW generally (cheaper in the long run, don't have to think about it) and it tends to autoresub anyway, and getting access to the Beta to make a more informed decision to keep playing after that is fine by me. It'll help my guilds out to know what's up, as not all of them follow the WoW news as avidly as others. D3 for free, for subbing to a game I already play regularly, works fine for me and keeps my budget balanced.

I kinda want to load D2 up this machine now actually, it's been a long while...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I still occationally fire up some diablo 2. My bear/pet druid is awesome.

AWESOME.

Well, until I run into physical immune mobs, then not so much.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I dunno, I was contemplating quitting, just because I feel like it might make the problem of the immature kids you see all too often in random heroics even worse. Blizzard has been making the game more "Kid Friendly" lately, I guess because Activision took over and decided that it was the market they wanted to hit. Yes, Pandaren have been around for quite a while, but the simple fact is that its still a very kid-friendly thing, beer or no beer. And it's kid friendly largely to blame on Kung-Fu Panda. I'm not saying its based off of it, I'm simply saying it made Pandaren much more appealing to a younger audience. But I think I've invested too much in WoW over the years to quit just because I think something might happen. I'll stick around and see what the expansion is like, but I'll definitely be cutting down on my WoW playing a bit until then. I've been a bit burned out anyways.

P.S.: This is all speculation on my part. I'm not saying that any of the above things I mentioned will happen, nor that activision is the reason behind the kid friendliness of WoW, or that they're even making the game more kid friendly on purpose. It is simply the theory I have formed on the information available to me. Thank you, and have a fantastic day, everybody.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Not really quitting because of the expansion or panda's. I am quitting because the game has offered everything it has to offer to me. When I saw the trailer for the expac it only reinforced the fact that I have played every aspect that the game has to offer me and there is nothing new to peak my interest.

So, I am not afraid of pandas' but I think they could have came out with a lot more unique aspects if they would have taken ideas from developers and not teenagers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I agree with Merlinii. Like I said, Activision is probably slowly having blizzard take WoW in a direction more enticing to those under 18. Nothing against Activision, its just the market they like to make games for, usually. The game has been getting a little simpler to make it easier for the kids to play, and the plotlines have been getting simpler and more kid friendly. Although I do admit that Blizzard seems to be fighting back a bit, with a step up in the swearing used in the game. Garrosh has a few, and the last boss in SFK if you're horde. Or maybe I'm just imagining it all.

I know that if I was working for Blizzard I'd be pretty upset that the game was taking such a turn away from where it originally started, and most likely what the creators wanted for it.

tl;dr: Activision likes little kids
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
10/29/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Anariah
tl;dr: Activision likes little kids

Activision likes money. If they wanted to market WoW to kids, they would make it completely F2P with a cash shop, as that is the most attractive to kids. Its easier to convince mom and dad to spend $10 on a couple things every now and then than $100+ xpacs and a $15 monthly sub all in one go.

WoW just has very mediocre writing and a design team that thinks they can remove cookie cutter specs in a game built around overt math, which just makes things look simpler and simpler without doing anything to remove "cookie cutter specs". Most of the devs that worked on the game at launch are gone, and its really starting to show.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
hmm to be honest scince i guess most of us here have done a fair bit on wow and so on ... i guess i might see it though to the end but of couse will see how it turns out
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Pox
I, for one, won't be quitting because of Mists. The sad truth is, I'll probably drop WoW like a rock for Diablo 3, then pick it up to play Mists for a little while, then drop it for good the second Phantasy Star Online 2 comes out.
Reply Quote
I cancelled my account because because the changes they made effected my Fire mage in adverse ways and no one seems to have any answers as to why they did what they did and how to fix it. aoe spells gone, off hand weapons gone, fells like i got knocked back 15 levels. and all the game masters have to say is my satisfaction is important to them yet they don't have the rank to do anything about it. at this point it is moot. some will say just roll with the punches and continue to play, problem with that is what happens a few years down the road when they do it again.... i want to play the game the way it was when i decided it was worth the monthly fee... not continue to pay for something based on what it once was.... its not better than it was in my opinion, if it was there wouldn't be so many complaints. its like going to your favorite steakhouse for years getting the same fine cut of meat over and over and then you walk in one day and they are now serving what they TELL you is better food but you can tell by the taste that they are full of it....
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Paladin
09/09/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Khadran
I cancelled my account because because the changes they made effected my Fire mage in adverse ways and no one seems to have any answers as to why they did what they did and how to fix it. aoe spells gone, off hand weapons gone, fells like i got knocked back 15 levels. and all the game masters have to say is my satisfaction is important to them yet they don't have the rank to do anything about it. at this point it is moot. some will say just roll with the punches and continue to play, problem with that is what happens a few years down the road when they do it again.... i want to play the game the way it was when i decided it was worth the monthly fee... not continue to pay for something based on what it once was.... its not better than it was in my opinion, if it was there wouldn't be so many complaints. its like going to your favorite steakhouse for years getting the same fine cut of meat over and over and then you walk in one day and they are now serving what they TELL you is better food but you can tell by the taste that they are full of it....

... can I have your stuff then?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
Pox
09/09/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Odéon

... can I have your stuff then?
I asked first. :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
@Khadran:
They are asking for feedback specifically on lower level characters because there are some odd balance issues until you hit endgame, thanks to rebalancing. At max levels, there isn't really a problem that I know of (at least, our mages seem fairly happy). http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6515991780#1

Offhands aren't gone. Ranged slots are gone. Offhands can still be equipped with a dagger, 1h sword, or wand for a mage. The wand is still not going to do a ton of damage, as they don't want them used for that at the expense of other weapons.

You should still have AoE spells at your level. They may be in a different spot in your spellbook now; all spells are in an active tab in alphabetical order.

A lot of the issues with a new expac can be minimized or avoided if people did a little investigating and asking about changes, rather than freaking out when things don't work the same way, when it's well known changes are coming for weeks ahead of time.

There's a difference between learning about, trying out, and then disliking the changes, over just being upset that things have changed--again--with a new expac.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Very Well said Alynore :)

TBH I haven't really played my mage since the changes.. been more focused on this character and let my other 9 85s rest for awhile until MoP.

I like the changes to Pallies..... making Concencrate more like the DK's DnD was a big upgrade. Also being able to solo Some of the twilight hour heroic bosses has been awesome!!! Some of the ZA bosses were soloable on my DK but now that I can do it on my pally makes me grin ear to ear!

AS for being balanced.... right now we all know it isn't.

Locks are hitting 100K dps in LFR on death wing...... thats just insane!!! Come level 90 I'm expecting the dps to stay the same.

I haven't played Beta so this is just me guessing using last few expansion numbers...

At the end of BC 3K dps was good dps.. and starting raiding in wrath you wanted a min 3K dps......

At the end of Wrath 10K dps was considered good dps (yes you could do over that but 10K was considered a decent player) at the begging of CATA starter raid dps and heroic ZG and ZA you wanted a 10K minimum dps..

Right now at the End of Cata you are seeing 40K dps average on GOOD players with 20K dps min being the standard on clearing DS-10 normal So I'm expecting somewhere around 30-45K dps for starting MoP raiding with it ending at around 100K dps....

Now don't get me wrong.. this is just guessing since I don't play the beta...

IF I'm wrong so be it :) I don't mind being wrong off of guessing from past experience. Yes I know you can easily break those numbers and many people CAN right now but we are talking averages and minimums not OMG I can solo DS-10 noobcakes type stuff lol.

I'm kinda excited to see where the HP stats will be since manna is now dependent on LEVEL :( I miss my 130K+ priest, mage, lock, ect........

I'm also guessing since 200K HP is the average of a GOOD tank, that a good tank and the end of mop should be hitting around 1million maybe even 2 million? What was the ending HP of Wrath like 50K before you walked into ICC?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]