Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism.

90 Worgen Death Knight
10/23/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Straka
you alliance are unbelievable crybabies. thats why you dont win battles.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Horde.
28 Orc Warlock
10/23/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Yapriest

Velen.... insignificant? Quite the opposite. Fair enough, he hasn't been given near enough his due in WoW, and deserves far better than to sit in the background as a secondary character, but if there was one faction leader I wouldn't want peeved at me, it'd be Kil'jaeden's former broski.

He is completely forgotten .... Unless they come up with something he is insignificant.

Sad but true ...

He's completely forgotten in-game. That's the key point here. Plenty of other characters are treated the same way, Horde included! Right now there's a whole storyline brewing between him and Anduin that will likely significantly impact the Alliance.
90 Human Priest

Yeah they are pretty powerful too which makes me think Dalaran wouldn't really stand for if anything happened to Jaina either.

Also that reminds me. This is also the perfect time for Turalyon with Vanessa to arrive back from Outlands too.

Aren't they dead ? That belf in Honor Hold bugged me all this time because of that ...
90 Tauren Shaman
there has been war for a long time and one side will take a major loss sooner or later. One day an alliance cap will fall again or hoard could be over run by alliance as they destroy one of our own caps
90 Human Priest

He is completely forgotten .... Unless they come up with something he is insignificant.

Sad but true ...

He's completely forgotten in-game. That's the key point here. Plenty of other characters are treated the same way, Horde included! Right now there's a whole storyline brewing between him and Anduin that will likely significantly impact the Alliance.

Anduin Skywalker ?? The guy who will bring the balance to the force ?

Who knows ...
86 Dwarf Paladin
10/23/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Samfisher
Ashenvale? Southern Barrens? Gilneas?

None of those where Alliance victories

And i hope this means Jaina will stop being such a peace crafter and decide to start making the green skins bleed
90 Tauren Paladin
FOR THE HORDE! /moo.
85 Human Mage

That could be Khadgar as well or Ronin.

Medivh and Antonidas are dead, right ?

Yeah they are pretty powerful too which makes me think Dalaran wouldn't really stand for if anything happened to Jaina either.

Also that reminds me. This is also the perfect time for Turalyon with Vanessa to arrive back from Outlands too.

Isn't it alleria who is mia?

I'm all for people dying. so long as you don't kill core story characters.
Jaina has been around since wc3, and easily has an open future.
Sylvannas, sorry to say it, her lifegoal(Or deadgoal?) was to see arthas die. That was it.
Now she's just a more prominent leader because thrall is mia and garrosh is a meathead.
If jaina dies(I actually think she shouldn't, kill insigifnicant characters who have no real meaning to warcraft 4(Lets face it, you're cannibalizing your own content here to the point where you won't have much left unless there are alot of "Merely a setback"

If Jaina dies, sylvannas goes down.
Fair trade really.
Alliance has varian, jaina, and tyrande(Now no longer significant because you neglected the character, just a figurehead for a distinct race)
Jaina doesn't even have her own capital.
Horde no longer has cairne because you cheesed him in some lackluster plot, voljin i hear is a cool mon and sylvannas, and the meathead. Rest are meh.
Edited by Binned on 10/23/2011 7:19 PM PDT
72 Blood Elf Mage
Who lives in Theramore again?

Hrm. I wonder if they'll be put out by this...

Theramore has a non-aggression pact with the Horde. I understand that there is a desire to see hostilities flare between the factions, but could you please ask Metzen to do it in a way that makes sense rather than just throwing a dart at a list of Alliance targets and going Alliance doesn't have this territory any more".

That's the thing that bugs me about it. To specifically pick Theramore has far greater implications than just "more war."

What reason could Garrosh have to target Theramore that wouldn't send Vol'Jin and the Tauren over the edge? Vol'Jin does not want war; it's explicitly stated by him himself in the troll starting zone.

Eventually, Garrosh's quest for lebensraum has to force the Horde members that oppose it into action. Vol'jin wants the trolls to live an honorable life and there is no honor in wiping out the last remnants of a dead nation. I don't know much about Tauren but I'm pretty sure they're not down with bloodthirsty expansionism.

Will these factors be addressed? Somehow, I doubt it. The Horde will just continue on as it always has, paying lip service to racial tensions while Trolls and Tauren are burning down Jaina's city.

28 Orc Warlock
10/23/2011 07:11 PMPosted by Evalany

Alliance did take back Gilneas. There's just nothing in it. Stromgarde doesn't even belong to the Horde. You can have it if you really want it.

Nope, Gilneas is a stalemate.

I made a Forsaken

so I know

How do you figure? The Worgen took back Gilneas and began pushing into Silverpine. The entire end of the Forsaken questline is about them losing ground. They were only stopped by Sylvanas' kidnapping of Crowley's daughter. Sylvanas' terms were not to surrender Gilneas, they were to cease the Worgen advance into Silverpine. If you fly over, there are still 7th legion and Worgen guards patrolling Gilneas. It's Alliance territory.
85 Draenei Shaman
Thrall will be pissed the person who he left in charge did this, I mean it is where Jaina stays.
50 Gnome Warlock

South Barrens and Gilneas are losses for the Alliance. Ashenvale is also a loss according to the books.

Alliance did take back Gilneas.

Actually, no, they didn't. Gilneas was a total victory for the Forsaken. What's going on now is a (losing) push from the Alliance to try and retake the city.
15 Draenei Hunter
Metzen always lies. When will people stop being surprised by his constant deceit.
90 Night Elf Druid
Who lives in Theramore again?

Hrm. I wonder if they'll be put out by this...

Yes, and what will Jaina do, I wonder? Cry about it? Ask Thrall for his help?

90 Human Paladin
10/23/2011 07:12 PMPosted by Seebach
The player can fight back all they want, it doens't mean a damn thing when it isn't conveyed through the story.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I could get a 25man raid going and drop a GM or two.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]