Mists of Pandaria on Rexxar - your opinion?

85 Blood Elf Priest
Besides the Pokemon stuff, I like all of the new expansion stuff. Only true Warcraft players appreciate the Brewmaster! That ultimate was OP. Wind guy would just windwalk away while the other 2 aspects kept destroying units and distracting opponents... and the hero would live to see another day.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i can dig it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I wasn't a fan at first, I was in the "MoP's a joke, you guys are silly"-boat. Then I was planning on leaving for TOR, but there are way way too many pay-only features for my taste.

Now my head has cleared, I've had some time to think, and I'm pretty psyched for it. Probably not rolling a panda right away, most likely a dwarf monk.

Really excited about challenge modes, different bgs, an Ally vs Horde expansion, no flying until 90....and then 99% of the stuff coming out in 4.3. edit: Also really psyched about losing Theramore. I know I'm Alliance, but Jaina pisses me off.

Speaking of 4.3 (not trying to derail the thread, just a thought I just had) I'm kind of really looking forward to LFR....raid with your guild in the beginning of the week, your stuff didn't drop, you que at the end of the week when the people who are in LFR can't roll anymore. /win

Anyway...MoP. Ya. Bring it on.
Edited by Chazledazzle on 11/17/2011 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just wanna kill teh Hordiez. I hate Blood Elfs the most but if they look like panda bears that's fine too. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The new talents for druids suck. I don't PVP, so I don't care about stuff like mass AE root, etc.

It's all little piddling stuff that *maybe* will be useful on one boss fight with a lot of adds or something but mostly is filler. Symbiosis? I don't want another classes abilities, I want unique druid ones.

As a Moonkin/Resto druid, there is very little that interests me in the druid talent calc and I hope it changes soon.

Also pandas look pretty silly and remind me of Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Symbiosis? I don't want another classes abilities, I want unique druid ones.

Your kidding right? A Resto druid that could Penance or beacon would be terrible...or another healer with Wild regrowth!?!?

Not to mention a Boomkin with Vamp touch!?!? What an amazing spell to boost your dps/hps/tps.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
^. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/23/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Guschigginz
Symbiosis? I don't want another classes abilities, I want unique druid ones.

Your kidding right? A Resto druid that could Penance or beacon would be terrible...or another healer with Wild regrowth!?!?

Not to mention a Boomkin with Vamp touch!?!? What an amazing spell to boost your dps/hps/tps.

It would be cool to have beacon, but I doubt they would give us such a core ability. It doesn't do much to speculate I guess, but I took a much more pessimistic route when I read the ability, thinking something like giving a paladin lifebloom, getting holy radiance.

Real question is would resto druid healing talents help holy radiance? What if it is just some bland version of the spell with no talent support? Meh. The point is druids don't really need any other classes abilities to heal raids, we are already awesome at it.

Vamp touch lol.

The talents that are like..when in moonkin, improve your spell power by meleeing....ughhhhhhhhhh..makes me want to reroll. Do any other classes have such bland jack of all trades talents?

I guess it is fair though, it never made sense to me that hybrid classes like boomkins were destroying primary master classes like Mages in raid dps.
Edited by Mawl on 11/23/2011 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
The new talents for druids suck. I don't PVP, so I don't care about stuff like mass AE root, etc. It's all little piddling stuff that *maybe* will be useful on one boss fight with a lot of adds or something but mostly is filler. Symbiosis? I don't want another classes abilities, I want unique druid ones. As a Moonkin/Resto druid, there is very little that interests me in the druid talent calc and I hope it changes soon. Also pandas look pretty silly and remind me of Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja.

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion...but in reality...I don't think the talent tree talents are supposed to be ones that you would use in every pve fight. The reason Blizzard made the talent tree changes is because they wanted people to have different specs. They didn't want to cookie cutter specs anymore. If they put abilities in there that you need/could use on many fights....everyone would grab that talent...thus, defeating the purpose of the changes.

As far as the example you used of Mass Entanglement...I can see where you are coming from there, not often would you want that in pve...but the other two talents in the tree are good for pve.

Symbiosis...I haven't really looked into the spell much, but if I am understanding how it works properly just from reading the tooltip, I think it sounds pretty cool. Again, just a personal preference.

Now, not sure how long you've been playing, but Moonkin form used to have some crazy melee perks like that back in the day...restoring mana on melee hit or something like that, it was pretty funny...but again, in that same tree...you can just get disentanglement...20% health just for swapping forms? Sounds good to me...

As far as the rest of the talents go, yeah...sometimes you will be stuck with mostly pvp talents, but most of what I looked at looks pretty amazing for pve as well.

Remember this expac is based mostly off of Horde vs. Alliance. So, I'm not going to be surprised to see a bit more focus on pvp.

Long story short...the talent trees aren't supposed to be "needed" spells...just have fun with what you pick =)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
It would be cool to have beacon, but I doubt they would give us such a core ability. It doesn't do much to speculate I guess, but I took a much more pessimistic route when I read the ability, thinking something like giving a paladin lifebloom, getting holy radiance.

Real question is would resto druid healing talents help holy radiance? What if it is just some bland version of the spell with no talent support?

Agreed, we really wont know exactly how the spell swap and scaling works until we get more information/can test it.

Meh. The point is druids don't really need any other classes abilities to heal raids, we are already awesome at it.

So look at how much it would benefit the raid giving your amazing healing spells to the other healers? And i doubt there is a Rdruid that would turn down the ability to penance or something along those lines.

11/23/2011 06:28 PMPosted by Mawl
Vamp touch lol.

Stronger than your dots...you no like higher dps?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well I just looked at the drurid talent tree and realized I'm too dumb for all of that, so I don't know now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/25/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Brrtiful
Well I just looked at the drurid talent tree and realized I'm too dumb for all of that, so I don't know now.

Gotta work on dat self-esteem.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Vathral is a modern-day Ash Ketchum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]