New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

Community Manager
Update 10/27/11: Guild services are now open on all North American realms.

As recently announced on the front page of the community site, we are in the process of adding new guild services that will make relocating to a new realm, switching factions, or changing your guild name easier than ever before. You can learn more about these services via our official announcement and FAQ here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3710215/
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/40639

As a part of this process, we're offering players on the select realms the opportunity to take advantage of guild services before they become widely available, as well as help us perform additional testing for stability and functionality. If you are a guild leader on any of the NA realms listed below and are in interested completing a Guild Master Realm Transfer, Guild Master Faction Change, or a Guild Name Change, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.

Agamaggan
Alexstrasza
Alleria
Azshara
Baelgun
Balnazzar
Blackhand
Cho'gall
Dark Iron
Destromath
Dethecus
Emerald Dream
Garona
Goldrinn
Gorgonnash
Greymane
Gul'dan
Hellscream
Illidan
Kael'thas
Kalecgos
Kirin Tor
Lightninghoof
Maelstrom
Malfurion
Moonrunner
Nazjatar
Nemesis
Ravencrest
Spinebreaker
Sargeras
Staghelm
Stormreaver
Twisting Nether
Ursin
Whisperwind
Wildhammer

Added 10/26/11:

Antonidas
Anub'arak
Blackwater Raiders
Bladefist
Borean Tundra
Cairne
Cenarion Circle
Cenarius
Darrowmere
Drak'Tharon
Drenden
Echo Isles
Farstriders
Fenris
Garrosh
Hydraxis
Hyjal
Korialstrasz
Lightbringer
Maiev
Misha
Mok'Nathal
Moon Guard
Nazgrel
Nesingwary
Nordrassil
Quel'dorei
Ravenholdt
Rivendare
Shandris
Shu'halo
Sisters of Elune
The Forgotten Coast
Tortheldrin
Uther
Vashj
Winterhoof
Wyrmrest Accord

Added 10/27/11

Arathor
Azjol-Nerub
Bloodscalp
Bonechewer
Boulderfist
Bronzebeard
Crushridge
Daggerspine
Darkspear
Draenor
Dragonblight
Dragonmaw
Dunemaul
Eldre'Thalas
Feathermoon
Firetree
Frostmane
Gurubashi
Nathrezim
Perenolde
Scarlet Crusade
Shadow Council
Shadowsong
Silvermoon
Skywall
Smolderthorn
Spirestone
Stonemaul
Stormscale
Suramar
Terenas
Uldum
Windrunner

(Please note that we look forward to adding additional realm availability to the service, including EU realms, in the coming days and weeks.)
Edited by Lylirra on 10/27/2011 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
very good idea.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
nice, just 1 small question what was the process done to decide illidan would be the first realm to be the guinea pigs so to speak was it just a all realms in a hat and pick one out or something similar
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Illidan is the largest, most successful server (in terms of raiding) and recieves the most xfers so it was a natural choice.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
10/25/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Nixilaas
nice, just 1 small question what was the process done to decide illidan would be the first realm to be the guinea pigs so to speak was it just a all realms in a hat and pick one out or something similar

There's a dartboard in the Blizzard offices, it's the same one they use for class balance.

;)
Edited by Charsi on 10/25/2011 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Currently if I kick everyone and scoot off with the guild bank, I get actioned and the materials returned. With this system I can pay you to make sure I escape free and clear?

From the other side, as a player who has worked to help grow the guild, my GM can take the guild and bank and if I want to continue reaping the rewards I worked to earn, I have to pay you to move EACH of characters?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Too expensive for something that doesn't take much work. Blizzard will make thousands off 1 guild if those players decided to take all of their toons.

My guild for example would give blizzard 8 thousand dollars. Now of course it depends on how many guilds actually do this but I think the price is a bit steep, even the individual prices are expensive.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Nice, something our guild will definitely consider using.
Reply Quote
59 Human Death Knight
I Think the price is high, but agree in some manner.

By The way, i want suggest some ideas

• Give the chance to move a Level 1 Guild if it have 6 tabs, one month at least. Justice, my own guild here have all the tabs and i plan move the toon cashmaker to rexxar, but i dont level to level 2 in a personal project. If i have not here a lvl 85 (transferred before), i cant got level 2 easily and more chance to move the toon without guild

• Give a Discount to the guild members, at least 5 usd of the current 25 usd. If not, not much guild moves, and i assume many people dont move at all

• For the record i plan move this guild to rexxar, maybe a ghostlands one to rexxar too, and change the name of my current level 7 guild in rexxar
    Edited by Flamel on 10/25/2011 1:14 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    87 Tauren Druid
    This is a terrible idea. My GM can up with the guild bank and level and leave for a new server/faction, leave the rest of us in the dust and have no penalty. I would have to pay Blizzard to transfer on my own to get to my guild's new location... You just made it THAT much easier for GMs to rob guild banks. I propose that a voting system be installed. A total of 10 accounts voting YES should be needed to proceed.
    Reply Quote
    on your blog advert make the arrow switch sides >_> everything .. EVERYTHING.. is alliance going horde.. or horde going horde(swapping race) how about once in a while flipping the arrow around?(shouldnt be too hard for your art department)

otherwise... this is a cool way for guilds to get off of low pop servers with their achieves... but I see it being exploited fairly easily...
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    How does faction changing on the same server work with the guild name? It says guild members remain in the original guild, but its level+achievements+etc. are reset. Is the name of the original guild reset as well, or will faction changing automatically require a name change for the destination guild?
    Edited by Purge on 10/25/2011 1:31 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    If you are going to have a guild transfer service, you really should make it so you can transfer the WHOLE guild. Not just the GM with the bank and hard work of the members to get the guild level up. Even if the cost is $500 or more to move the guild, you get everybody to chip in, and bam, whole guild transferred. Alts and all. Like it has been said already, just a legal way for GM's to rob the bank and transfer.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Warrior
    Too expensive. Pass.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    If you're afraid that your GM is going to run with the goods maybe it's rime to look at joining another guild? There are GM's out there with SOME integrity....
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    10/25/2011 01:15 PMPosted by Electrichoof
    This is a terrible idea. My GM can up with the guild bank and level and leave for a new server/faction, leave the rest of us in the dust and have no penalty. I would have to pay Blizzard to transfer on my own to get to my guild's new location... You just made it THAT much easier for GMs to rob guild banks. I propose that a voting system be installed. A total of 10 accounts voting YES should be needed to proceed.

why are you in a guild where you cant trust your GM?....what a guild it must be....
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Priest
    Another way to get hackers stealing. Good job Blizzard!
    Reply Quote
    So basically any member that doesn't want to transfer but has worked hard to earn their guild rep and perks gets completely shafted. They are either forced to shell out the money and transfer or start from scratch. Real nice, thanks Blizzard.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]