New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

87 Tauren Druid
10/25/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Kazmeme
why are you in a guild where you cant trust your GM?....what a guild it must be....

Wow, I don't post on my own behalf necessarily, but for the community's. I trust my GM very much, however, many others do not. Just because I don't see it having a direct impact on me doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.
Within months of it's implementation, expect hundreds of QQ threads about GM guild ninjas, guild bickering and the like. You've been given a heads up!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I know Blizzard has said more or less that the Guild Bank belongs to the GM, but really...if the GM is going to move whats the point of resetting the previous guild to level 1? That just seems like pointless shafting the previous guild members. I mean I can understand, though I don't agree with, the notion that the bank gets deleted (though really I would prefer it to just be empitied or something) but the reset to level 1 guild? Thanks a LOT. That's just a shafting to those who don't want to pay to server transfer.

Reply Quote
15 Draenei Hunter
Seems this is ripe for abuse, I kept looking for safety catches in it and didn't see any. You guys might want to take this back to the drawing board or you might find you needing to expand your GM staff.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
So let's say we have a guild of 75 players.

GM pays $65 US to transfer the guild bank and name.

The 75 guild members then each pay $30.00 USD (faction change) + $25.00 USD (server transfer) = $55.00 USD per person.

$4,125.00 USD + GM's $65.00 USD =

$4190 for an entire guild to transfer and faction change...

Wow Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Largest money sink in the world - Check!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This is a terrible idea. My GM can up with the guild bank and level and leave for a new server/faction, leave the rest of us in the dust and have no penalty. I would have to pay Blizzard to transfer on my own to get to my guild's new location... You just made it THAT much easier for GMs to rob guild banks. I propose that a voting system be installed. A total of 10 accounts voting YES should be needed to proceed.

Cool, so GMs can pay people on their realm to join and vote yes?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Yeah, this is just another cash grab for a system that is fully automated. At least Trion has some integrity and allows free character transfers. This is disappointing.
Edited by Tinkertan on 10/25/2011 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/25/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Tinkertan
Yeah, this is just another cash grab for a system that is fully automated. At least Trion has some integrity and allows free character transfers. This is disappointing.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that it's going to cost close to $5,000 to transfer a small guild of 75-90 players.

Is this what you consider a fair price for the service offered, Blizzard?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

The 75 guild members then each pay $30.00 USD (faction change) + $25.00 USD (server transfer) = $55.00 USD per person.

Wow Blizzard.

You realize the guild master transfer cost is the cost for him to transfer both himself and the guild framework right?

Lets suppose this system was never instituted and that guild was going to leave the server anyway
75 x $55 = $4125.00
+ the $55 for the GM = $4180

GOOD GOD BLIZZARD! Making an extra 10 bucks!? THE NERVE!

Yes the ability to now do this this may encourage guilds that didn't wouldn't otherwise be transferring, creating fresh income that wouldn't otherwise exist, but realistically the target audience of this service is a group of people who were already going to be transferring anyway. All in all it's still an extra $10 above and beyond what the same guild would have paid for the same services yesterday.

If an entire guild (especially one of your theoretical 75 people - good luck talking 75 other people into server and faction transferring btw) can't come up with $10 there's something wrong somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

Wow Blizzard.

You realize the guild master transfer cost is the cost for him to transfer both himself and the guild framework right?

Lets suppose this system was never instituted and that guild was going to leave the server anyway
75 x $55 = $4125.00

Yes the ability to now do this this may encourage guilds that didn't wouldn't otherwise be transferring, creating fresh income that wouldn't otherwise exist, but realistically the target audience of this service is a group of people who were already going to be transferring anyway. All in all it's still an extra $10 above and beyond what the same guild would have paid for the same services yesterday.

If an entire guild (especially one of your theoretical 75 people - good luck talking 75 other people into server and faction transferring btw) can't come up with $10 there's something wrong somewhere.

I'm pretty sure most people wanted a guild transfer service with the idea that they and their guild could transfer as a whole at a cheaper, group discounted rate. Something like $200 or $300 for your guild and 100 characters could have been reasonable. If you really think Blizz is doing us any favors by only profiting by an extra $10 I don't know what to tell you...
Edited by Mivva on 10/25/2011 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

Wow Blizzard.

75 x $55 = $4125.00

You seem to take for granted money that many people don't have. I'm glad $65 for faction and server transfers is fine with you, lucky you, but the majority of people view that as money that can be spent on food and clothes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I do agree with the sentiment... there should be a large discount for guildies to transfer along with the guild. ROFL at the $4,200 to move a 75 member guild to another guild/faction.

It's disappointing that Blizzard doesn't offer group discounts on transfers. Heck, I have 10 toons stuck on a dead realm. I'd like to move them, but not under the current pricing scheme.

Edit: Dang, has to be a level 2 guild. So much for moving my alt bank guild over. :P
Edited by Charäx on 10/25/2011 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I'm pretty sure most people wanted a guild transfer service with the idea that they and their guild could transfer as a whole at a cheaper, group discounted rate. Something like $200 or $300 for your guild and 100 characters could have been reasonable. If you really think Blizz is doing us any favors by only profiting by an extra $10 I don't know what to tell you...

I was actually hoping for something like this a discount for guild members that follow the guild, but I certainly wasn't expecting to be able to take a $25+ Service and get if for 2 or 3 bucks (as 100 characters for $200-$300) would be.
Nothing in the original announcement indicated that there would be a discount for transferring this way, and quiet frankly it's pretty naive to assume that it would have been that large of a discount anyway.

You seem to take for granted money that many people don't have. I'm glad $65 for faction and server transfers is fine with you, lucky you, but the majority of people view that as money that can be spent on food and clothes.

"I could spend that money on food and clothes" is a ridiculous point and a Complete non issue when you're talking about an additional optional entertainment cost, but even nontheless you're still missing the point, it's not "$65" it is "$65 instead of $55" It's $10.
Even if the ENTIRE additional cost of the transfer is absorbed by the GM himself it's an additional $10.

Edited by Mezzulmoxx on 10/25/2011 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
10/25/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Tinkertan

On the other hand, if they offered guild members free or discounted transfer and faction change you would see players bribing their way into a transferring guild so they can take advantage of the free/discounted services. Unless limitations were implemented like having to be in the guild for a certain amount of time to be eligible for the services.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Let's run with this idea for a seocnd....

Blizzard offers a guild transfer deal at $300 to move a guild from one server to another - including 100 toons (for example) 500$ for realm/faction change, whatever..

how does everyone pitch in? Paypal?? You're wanting to send your money to someone you don't know very well but you complain that you can't trust your gm and are afraid he's going to jack the guild...

This isn't something to attact people to uproot their guild and try something new. This is only a way to make it easier for those who would already be considering it. It's not a new fangled thing to promote guild transfers or guild faction changes - you still have to pay the same amount of money as you would have to do it a few hours ago before this annoucemnt was made, only the GM can pay 10$ more to keep the guild structure intact. Lots of qq over not really much here...

I think it's a great idea Blizz - for those who would have already been considering this, it's a big step and now it will at least be easier.
Edited by Ligunna on 10/25/2011 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Let's run with this idea for a seocnd....

Blizzard offers a guild transfer deal at $300 to move a guild from one server to another - including 100 toons (for example) 500$ for realm/faction change, whatever..

how does everyone pitch in? Paypal?? You're wanting to send your money to someone you don't know very well but you complain that you can't trust your gm and are afraid he's going ot jack the guild...

This isn't some new thing to attact people to uproot their guild and try something new. This is only a way to make it easier for those who would already be considering it. It's not a new fangled thing to promote guild transfers or guild faction changes - you still have to pay the same amount of money as you would have to do it a few hours ago before this annoucemnt was made, only the GM can pay 10$ more to keep the guild structure intact. Lots of qq over not really much here...

I think it's a great idea Blizz - for those who would have already been considering this, it's a big step and now it will at least be easier.

An alternate idea would be if the GM initiates a guild transfer that any characters in that guild (who have been in it for at least 1 month let's say) will be flagged and offered a reduced transfer fee to that same realm in their account options. That would eliminate a majority of the issues you brought up in your example.

Back to our previous example (75 person guild) using a group discount layout.

GM pays $65

Members of our 75 person guild each pay $10* (transfer and faction to new guild server)

Members $750 + GM's $65 = Blizzard profit of $815.

I would consider that a very generous profit from a small guild deciding to transfer, while keeping a sense of customer fairness, loyalty and company integrity by not price gouging.
*Obviously the numbers can change, just a quick example.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
So... this is a new server, realm faction population imbalance promotion program?

I'm fed up with 'options' that only promotes weaker faction/servers makes weaker. It would be nice if this service was available over populated side -> under populated side for free, but I know it wouldn't happen.

Why don't you just make horde only servers and alliance only servers?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As an update, guild services are now available to players on the following realms:

Agamaggan
Alexstrasza
Alleria
Azshara
Baelgun
Balnazzar
Blackhand
Cho'gall
Dark Iron
Destromath
Dethecus
Emerald Dream
Garona
Goldrinn
Gorgonnash
Greymane
Gul'dan
Hellscream
Illidan
Kael'thas
Kalecgos
Kirin Tor
Lightninghoof
Maelstrom
Malfurion
Moonrunner
Nazjatar
Nemesis
Ravencrest
Spinebreaker
Sargeras
Staghelm
Stormreaver
Twisting Nether
Ursin
Whisperwind
Wildhammer
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Members should get a discount on the transfer. >_>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]