New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

85 Night Elf Druid
10/25/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Destros
So basically any member that doesn't want to transfer but has worked hard to earn their guild rep and perks gets completely shafted. They are either forced to shell out the money and transfer or start from scratch. Real nice, thanks Blizzard.

No different than the guild being disbanded and everyone else in the guild transferring on their own to another server to remake the guild.

At least this system makes the transfer process easier for guilds, and helps them retain their hard work.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You are all missing the point behind this, its just like anything in life, it is a PAID SERVICE. You pay to play this game at all. get over it, and put it this way. any money put into the game in the long run hopefully makes the game better.

for a guild like mine where my guild name, and achievements actually matter

<Intent> Us. Kel'thuzad #1 in the world for Guild achievement points with all tabs. and gold cap'd (x3)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kelthuzad/Intent/achievement

We were planning on transferring in the next three weeks off of KT horde side because its dead. this service not only saves us some money, in the terms of we would have to Buy another guild wherever we ended up. but also allows us to retain our Name. Level, achievements and prestige some day maybe the mass majority of people playing this game will realize Blizzard is a Business, their end goal is to sell a Product. they aren't the freaking red-cross or welfare.

I DO however agree that the price is a little high, for a guild orientated sort of transfer system and there should be a *follow your guild* discount for up to 30 days for people transferring mains and alts. ill give you the math on my guild.

( we already did it)

Intent has Three raid cores. two 25 man 1 10 man. that's 60 raiders. not to mention each raid has tons of backups which brings it to roughly 100 raiders. now tack on at least 35% of those raiders will be transferring anywhere between 1 and 5 "alts" also add on the fact our guild has 600 toons in it. with roughly 200+ accounts. of which 75% will be following us where ever we go. all in all when the dust has settled Blizzard has to gain roughly 10.000 USD from my guild
Edited by Gorexar on 10/25/2011 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
But this isn't about profit... realm transfers aren't supposed to be easy or cheap, it makes it so that people can't just hop from realm to realm to realm without investing anything into the economy or culture of the place they're bouncing to/from. Realm transfers aren't supposed to be cheap... if Blizzard wanted to encourage it, you'd see the kind of pricing that you're outlining but if you ask me, you pick a realm and you stay there. If you have to move, (And sometimes people have to move...) it shouldn't be something like "Well, lets try... eeenie meeenie miiynie MO! Rexxar! Yay.." ... Keeping the pricing as is makes researching a new home necessary and ensures that the people who choose a realm will also be part of the comminuty their joining.

You want to talk about ridiculous profit? they have millions of members subscribing to 15$ a month game... Blizzard doens't need to make money. If it was about profit, that would be one thing but a realm transfer costing 5$ or $50 makes no diffrence to them... It's not supposed to be cheap, here..

:2cents: ...
Edited by Ligunna on 10/25/2011 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
I wonder how long it will take before other realms can use this....
Reply Quote
65 Gnome Mage
I think it totally suxx that I cannot do this with my guild !!
Just because it's a level one guild !!
Thats because it is very hard to get folks to join because Blizzard started the guild perks system which made smaller guilds be abandoned for larger ones who has all the perks.
I have no choice but to remain where i am with this guild even though I am transfering my higher level toons to another server/faction ?? That SUXXXX big time.

So never mind, I won't move any toons , And since I don't like playing on the server I'm on....

If your guild is only level one, why not just start a new guild on a different server?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The end goal is always to make money..... that's the way life works why do you think they have made so many massive changes to the game? take a look at hardcore raiding High end arena RBG'S, look at the % of their sub base participates in anything serious. they base the game around the casual player 5-25 hours a week play time people that do bg's and level alts daily quests, enjoy happy fun terrain etc. its about sub #'s right now take a look at the new * annual pass* pay for wow for a Year. get Diablo* and other goodies "free" reactivate your wow account or tie your self into another year of paid sub time until Diablo or title X comes out you decide to quit wow for.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
It's restricted to higher level guilds to keep Gold farmers. and people with the intentions of purposefully ruining markets from transferring large amounts of gold or goods to X server.

IE farmer that has 5mil gold on a PVE RP server. easy to farm bla bla. transfers a full guild bank of herbs/ore etc and 1mil gold in the vault to ILLIDAN. and sells it for $
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So... this is a new server, realm faction population imbalance promotion program?

I'm fed up with 'options' that only promotes weaker faction/servers makes weaker. It would be nice if this service was available over populated side -> under populated side for free, but I know it wouldn't happen.

Why don't you just make horde only servers and alliance only servers?

uhh PvP would die.....................................................................................................
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One major issue, perhaps already mentioned.

Most players, especially with this game being around as long as it has, has generated quite the stable of alts. Many of these alts are there to help the main with crafting, making gold and other menial tasks that one character isn't enough for (not to mention breaking the boredom of playing one class over and over).

I get that Blizzard is a business and a business' purpose is to create revenue. The issue is this: why would a guild move if people would need to move their mains AND their alts. The money spent for all that is monumental. Like I said - I know Activi--I mean Blizzard is out to make money but it seems like, if a guild transfer is going to be offered, we might come up with a "bulk transfer" option for player characters. Put a penalty on it with a larger price tag. Bump the normal transfer cooldown to 3 months with bulk transfers but cut the price $10 or $15 per character. Hell, I'd take one free transfer when your guild transfers: you have 7 days from the point of transfer to move one toon of your choice to the new server. All other transfers are normal price.

Ultimately I expect the standard responses:

"There is a bulk transfer, its $25 each!"

"Blizzard is here to make money."

"No one is forcing you to transfer."

I know, I've said the same thing. I just feel that if you're going to offer a service that potentially involves a mass shifting of characters like a guild transfer there should be options (with appropriate, balanced penalties) for people with many alts they don't want to leave behind. It would go a long way to encouraging the use of the service.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/25/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Ligunna
If you're afraid that your GM is going to run with the goods maybe it's rime to look at joining another guild? There are GM's out there with SOME integrity....

It's not that the GM would do such a thing that has people worried. It's that he could.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
but the sun could not come up tomorrow and we could have a zombie apocolypse and we could all die then who cares what the gm could or couldn't do.

People have the ability to do some really crummy things to other people in this game and there is no way to protect the player base from every single proposed threat out there.

If you're worried that your gm could steal the guild and the bank and all the money, the other option is to create your own guild then you dont have to worry about those pesky "coulds."

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
One major issue, perhaps already mentioned.

Most players, especially with this game being around as long as it has, has generated quite the stable of alts. Many of these alts are there to help the main with crafting, making gold and other menial tasks that one character isn't enough for (not to mention breaking the boredom of playing one class over and over).

I get that Blizzard is a business and a business' purpose is to create revenue. The issue is this: why would a guild move if people would need to move their mains AND their alts. The money spent for all that is monumental. Like I said - I know Activi--I mean Blizzard is out to make money but it seems like, if a guild transfer is going to be offered, we might come up with a "bulk transfer" option for player characters. Put a penalty on it with a larger price tag. Bump the normal transfer cooldown to 3 months with bulk transfers but cut the price $10 or $15 per character. Hell, I'd take one free transfer when your guild transfers: you have 7 days from the point of transfer to move one toon of your choice to the new server. All other transfers are normal price.

Ultimately I expect the standard responses:

"There is a bulk transfer, its $25 each!"

"Blizzard is here to make money."

"No one is forcing you to transfer."

I know, I've said the same thing. I just feel that if you're going to offer a service that potentially involves a mass shifting of characters like a guild transfer there should be options (with appropriate, balanced penalties) for people with many alts they don't want to leave behind. It would go a long way to encouraging the use of the service.

I agree. A discounted price for bulk transfers (moving your 10 alts) would be fair. Since they don't offer this, I am forced to abandon toons on dead realms. No money for Blizzard, unhappiness for customer. Lose lose situation.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I can understand blizzard charging money for guild server transfer and what not but why charge for renaming? Renaming shouldnt be a hassle, it should be something we can do anytime we feel appropriate. $20 is very unacceptable for a simple "Name Change". Character name changes are only $10...why should we be made to pay double that for something so simple? Just my 2 cents...
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
nWc
Wait, did I read that wrong? If you transfer your guild - its level resets to 1? I came here to check to make sure the info on mmo-champion was or wasn't taken out of context.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do think that there should be some sort of group moving discount for guild transfers like this so it is not so punitive to move more than one character.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
Wow, so if I decide I want to move myself to a new market... *cough* realm, I can use a guild transfer to move all my gold, instead of having to buy up sandstone drake vials and waiting for them to sell on my destination realm? Seems like a decent way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My only real gripe with this service as it stands stems from the lack of a more detailed preview. My guild transferred off of a Blackrock alliance to Tichondrius thinking that we wouldn't see guild transfers until 4.3 and we'd just move the guild then. Only after we transferred did I learn (through some uhh... various sources) that the service was slated to come out much sooner than 4.3 which was a little disappointing. Coupled with the fact that I had no clue how the service would work and therefore transferred all 4 of my toons means we've had to transfer GM to one of my officers alts and now we must wait 7 days to move the guild.

In short, I like the service, pricing seems a bit pricy but not too prohibitive, but the main thing blizz should take from this is providing a more defined timetable and more detailed preview of the service regardless of how hesitant they've been to do such things in the past.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]