New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

85 Blood Elf Priest
10/25/2011 03:30 PMPosted by Killjoy
Wait, did I read that wrong? If you transfer your guild - its level resets to 1? I came here to check to make sure the info on mmo-champion was or wasn't taken out of context.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=40639

How do the two "Guild Master" services work?

When performing a Guild Master Realm Transfer or Guild Master Faction Change, only the Guild Master character transfers realms or switches factions. The Guild Master takes the framework of the guild as well, including the guild vault, level, perks, and achievements.

What happens to my guild members?

Your guild members remain in the original guild. The original guild will be reset to level 1 and will not retain its guild bank or any of its achievements, reputation, or progression. You will also select a new Guild Master from the guild roster to replace you after your character leaves. Your guild members will be eligible to follow you to the guild's new location by performing their own character service (such as a Character Transfer). If they do so, they will automatically rejoin the guild and retain their guild reputation.

Guild members who plan to transfer to the guild's new location should not quit the original guild – otherwise, they will not regain their guild reputation after transferring to guild's new location.

What happens to my guild bank, level, and so on?

The guild bank, level, perks, and achievements transfer with the Guild Master character to the new realm and/or faction.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/25/2011 03:17 PMPosted by Kj
i wonder how many derps thing server transferring is literary copy paste. It takes money to do that on blizzards part. This isnt 100% profit. There is alot of resources that go into making 1 player transfer, not to mention an entire guilds frame work.

Yeah, thats why my faction change took all but 10 seconds to complete. My friends server change took about a minute.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
10/25/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Tinkertan
i wonder how many derps thing server transferring is literary copy paste. It takes money to do that on blizzards part. This isnt 100% profit. There is alot of resources that go into making 1 player transfer, not to mention an entire guilds frame work.

Yeah, thats why my faction change took all but 10 seconds to complete. My friends server change took about a minute.

I love when people talk about how it takes SO MUCH resources to make server transfers and faction changes happen... as if they are a highly demanding process that involves tons of strict attention, liable to fail and have to be restarted at the drop of a hat... And in the time it took me to type that, someone payed for, selected a realm, and is now playing on said realm for the opposing faction.

Get real. Blizzard aren't amateurs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

I love when people talk about how it takes SO MUCH resources to make server transfers and faction changes happen... as if they are a highly demanding process that involves tons of strict attention, liable to fail and have to be restarted at the drop of a hat... And in the time it took me to type that, someone payed for, selected a realm, and is now playing on said realm for the opposing faction.

Get real. Blizzard aren't amateurs.

The price exists so the feature isn't abused.

With that logic, why doesn't blizzard allow you one free transfer for each of your characters and the rest full price?
Edited by Tinkertan on 10/25/2011 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/25/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Bullcosby

Also to cover the development costs. Just because the process happen fast doesn't mean there wasn't months (or years for all you know) of work done to make that happen. Since it's a feature not everyone uses, I'd rather see it have a charge to cover the development cost than to have everyone's subscriptions go up so the people who do use it don't have to pay for the service they're using.
Reply Quote
Mannoroth never gets squat...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
about time now update servers like anetheron!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I would love to see under pop servers get merged with something with a bit more of a player base. Detheroc is all but dead even during peak hours of play time. It's pretty lame that I would have to spend hundreds of dollars to move all of my toons to different servers just to be entertained when I log on.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
The guild services is cool and all, but please do something for low populated servers like Archimonde.

I've been on this server since I bought the game, some time when the game came out, and I wouldn't want to give it up. Some servers should be merged.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The money grubbing is just absurd now. Really Blizzard? Really? I have to pay you over 40 USD to have a guild transferred via a system that is completely automated?

Rift has already proven this type of service can be done for free, so you're not fooling anyone. There's only one reason to charge for this. It's simply the new low for money grubbing.

You sold out a long time ago Blizz, you got a taste of that money and did anything you could to milk more of it out of your extremely loyal customers and fans.

Game or no game this is honestly depressing given the time I've put into this game to constantly see things going in this direction.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
Might have been asked, but is there any veto ability? If the GL wants to leave but nobody in the guild wants too? He basically just gets all the bank items/gold etc....
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
10/25/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Lathraea

Also to cover the development costs. Just because the process happen fast doesn't mean there wasn't months (or years for all you know) of work done to make that happen. Since it's a feature not everyone uses, I'd rather see it have a charge to cover the development cost than to have everyone's subscriptions go up so the people who do use it don't have to pay for the service they're using.

/agreed. R&D is generally a good portion of these types of charges.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/25/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Azreluna
If you're afraid that your GM is going to run with the goods maybe it's rime to look at joining another guild? There are GM's out there with SOME integrity....

It's not that the GM would do such a thing that has people worried. It's that he could.

The GM could also kick you and everyone else and keep the guild bank to himself already without any sort of paid service so I don't see the relevance.
Reply Quote
40 Gnome Mage
Currently if I kick everyone and scoot off with the guild bank, I get actioned and the materials returned. With this system I can pay you to make sure I escape free and clear?

From the other side, as a player who has worked to help grow the guild, my GM can take the guild and bank and if I want to continue reaping the rewards I worked to earn, I have to pay you to move EACH of characters?

my thoughts exactly.. from my 9 or 10 years of mmo experience.. this could get messy.. kinda scary
Reply Quote
You know, rift allows you to do almost everything that blizz charges extra for for FREE, if it wasn't for lack of content i would still be playing that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Blizzard has turned from a community based company to greedy money hungry thugs. That is what they have become plain and simple, they are no better than the homeless people always asking for money, except people actually give blizzard their money which is worse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]