New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

The price is too steep for the average player of many toons to be able to pay for.

I have 10 toons myself - 300bucks (250 + guild fee) to transfer my 10 toons (not to mention everyone else who also have alot of toons in the guild) is too much money.

If it were possible to make it cheaper, then I (and many others like me) would be able to use the service and transfer to a more populated realm.

You are going to have to come down to the financial level of your average player, Bliz, if you want to make "more" money with this service.
Reply Quote
As recently announced on the front page of the community site, we are in the process of adding new guild services that will make relocating to a new realm, switching factions, or changing your guild name easier than ever before. You can learn more about these services on our official announcement and FAQ here:

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3710215/">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3710215/</a>
<a href="http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/40639">http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/40639</a>

As a part of this process, we're offering players on the select realms the opportunity to take advantage of these services before they become widely available, as well as help us perform additional testing for stability and functionality. If you are a guild leader on any of the NA realms listed below and are in interested completing a Guild Master Realm Transfer, Guild Master Faction Change, or a Guild Name Change, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.

Agamaggan
Alexstrasza
Alleria
Azshara
Baelgun
Balnazzar
Blackhand
Cho'gall
Dark Iron
Destromath
Dethecus
Emerald Dream
Garona
Goldrinn
Gorgonnash
Greymane
Gul'dan
Hellscream
Illidan
Kael'thas
Kalecgos
Kirin Tor
Lightninghoof
Maelstrom
Malfurion
Moonrunner
Nazjatar
Nemesis
Ravencrest
Spinebreaker
Sargeras
Staghelm
Stormreaver
Twisting Nether
Ursin
Whisperwind
Wildhammer

(Please note that we look forward to adding additional realm availability to the service, including EU realms, in the coming days and weeks.)

So when are they become widely available? Cuz Anetheron needs one..
bump
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Cmon open it up for Chromaggus so i can get my lousy guild back from there!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Update! We've opened up guild services to two additional battlegroups, Whirlwind and Emberstorm, which include the following realms:

Antonidas
Anub'arak
Blackwater Raiders
Bladefist
Borean Tundra
Cairne
Cenarion Circle
Cenarius
Darrowmere
Drak'Tharon
Drenden
Echo Isles
Farstriders
Fenris
Garrosh
Hydraxis
Hyjal
Korialstrasz
Lightbringer
Maiev
Misha
Mok'Nathal
Moon Guard
Nazgrel
Nesingwary
Nordrassil
Quel'dorei
Ravenholdt
Rivendare
Shandris
Shu'halo
Sisters of Elune
The Forgotten Coast
Tortheldrin
Uther
Vashj
Winterhoof
Wyrmrest Accord
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Why u no Pay attention to us at Blood Furnace? :L
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
10/26/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Kainn

why you no enchants on your gear

why you no like relevance?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/25/2011 11:29 PMPosted by Phosp

(You're going to make me say it, aren't you?)

Soon.
Reply Quote
34 Human Warrior
10/26/2011 05:08 PMPosted by Lylirra

(You're going to make me say it, aren't you?)

Soon.

I approve of this answer.
Reply Quote
62 Draenei Shaman
Must be Soon TM
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
10/25/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
Nemesis

uh....

is that a new server?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I was unable to do a guild transfer because it gives me a generic error "name is taken". Which I assumed is because my characters name (the guildmaster) is taken on the server we are transferring to.

So rather than outrageously paying double to rename my character to transfer our guild, i transferred leadership to one of my alts to try. Well....

DO NOT TRY TO SWITCH GUILD LEAD TO ONE OF YOUR ALTS.
You will get a 7 day lockout that is NOT described in the FAQ.

As it ends up the error was because our guild name was taken/registered by some jackass to be a troll.

Dont get screwed like us, dont try to transfer glead to one of your alts. And dont tell anyone the new server name untill u xfer. And when it says "Error: name is taken" next to your character portrait. It probably means your GUILD NAME is taken; and hopefully not by some troll.

We had everything planed and ready to go, thoroughly read and followed all the rules, FAQ, and info... Really a huge let down.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
A GM responded quickly to our ticket :D +1

But as expected we now have to wait for the lockout to expire because we didnt have Gnomish Mind Control Caps for which to read dev thoughts :O -1

To any web devs that may be listening please add the word "guild" to the front of "name is taken" if you're going to put the error next to a character portrait. Additionally, tell people about the 7 day guild lead change restriction in the FAQ.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
10/26/2011 05:04 PMPosted by Kainn

why you no enchants on your gear

Because Enchants are too Mainstream

/Hipster
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
A GM responded quickly to our ticket :D +1

But as expected we now have to wait for the lockout to expire because we didnt have Gnomish Mind Control Caps for which to read dev thoughts :O -1

To any web devs that may be listening please add the word "guild" to the front of "name is taken" if you're going to put the error next to a character portrait. Additionally, tell people about the 7 day guild lead change restriction in the FAQ.

Do they let u change ur guild name if its taken?
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin

Imagine this, too: Guild master doesn't log on for 30 days. Some random person of the next rank clicks the button first, server/faction/etc changes the guild with the bank intact.

Think of a way to prevent this, maybe?

Not possible, Only the GM can start a transfer.
Reply Quote
21 Human Paladin
10/26/2011 06:08 PMPosted by Testaclese
tell people about the 7 day guild lead change restriction in the FAQ.

This is going to be my same problem here, remove this retarded restriction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]