New Guild Services Now Available - Updated

85 Night Elf Druid
even in beta blizzard adds more content, so you can be in alpha but really your not even treading on anything, because you never know whats gonna be added next. Look at live servers blizzard adds more stuff.

So don't jump to conclusions and think it's gonna be a small expac, because i can guarantee it's not small at all.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I think people should en masse seriously think about cancelling their subs to Blizz and going to another game. Blizz might be one of the biggest but it’s not the only one out there. It’s really a sad day when I have to say that. SWTOR is coming out, so more likely than not, I’ll suspend my subscription. I know of a lot of ppl who went to Rift. Maybe more ppl need to leave Blizz? What are they going to charge us for next – using the zeppelins or boats in game? How about helping people out on dead realms? Oh wait, I forgot YOU DON’T CARE unless it has a $ attached to it otherwise you’d be doing more…

Meh… get your act together people before you lose your hard core players – me included.

You don't speak for the rest of the players, please leave the game. You won't be missed.

Taking a look at your 4 posts within a span of 2 hours without a response, you should probably also complain about:
$15/month subscription fee
$25 for realm transfers
$25 for race changes
$30 for faction changes
$$$ from blizzard store

More $$$ for expansions to come, other blizzard games.

10/27/2011 07:47 AMPosted by Darthpyranus
Seems like Blizz is letting a lot of us down lately... I guess they “forgot” to let us know that… yeah right…

Where are you getting this info? Seems like you're making it up, guild transfers were announced months ago, and if you didn't assume it'd cost money, then I don't know what to tell you, seeing how realm transfers/faction changes cost money, it goes hand and hand with guild transfers.

You should've quit when rift, warhammer, and all the other games that tried to compete with wow, when they came out. Why are you still here??
Edited by Mangaza on 10/27/2011 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blackwing Lair plsssssssssss!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I think what a lot of people are missing is BEFORE this service as a guild we either decided to take A HUGE cost and then start from scratch or stayed where you were....

Since for most people the price was moronic and the work not worth it ... Guilds stayed where they were.

With this service the average person was expecting to be able to take all their hard work with them to another realm.

The problem is that the price is still idiotic.

Again as GM of a guild I now have the decision to stay on what is a dying guild or make a swap AND leave anyone behind that cannot afford to come.

Allowing a bulk fee or a discounted per person fee allows for a lot more people to utilize this service and help their guilds.

If you are wondering what I am talking about see my previous post on this page
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424906520?page=5
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Eleveneleven
The benefit of this service is immediately overshadowed by the out-of-market pricing to move with your guild.

This. ^
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Guild services are now available on the following realms, as well:

Arathor
Azjol-Nerub
Bloodscalp
Bonechewer
Boulderfist
Bronzebeard
Crushridge
Daggerspine
Darkspear
Draenor
Dragonblight
Dragonmaw
Dunemaul
Eldre'Thalas
Feathermoon
Firetree
Frostmane
Gurubashi
Nathrezim
Perenolde
Scarlet Crusade
Shadow Council
Shadowsong
Silvermoon
Skywall
Smolderthorn
Spirestone
Stonemaul
Stormscale
Suramar
Terenas
Uldum
Windrunner
Edited by Lylirra on 10/27/2011 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thanks Lylirra! :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's funny, when I heard about the guild services coming out I assumed that it would be some sort of discount for a guild to move to another server. Normally, when people do things in bulk they get a discount. I was absolutely shocked to see the price on this service.

Blizzard should be ashamed for milking people as much as they do on their services. I refuse to use them even though I'm a fairly serious player. I get that it's a corporation, but this is just absurd. I doubt it's even a good deal for Blizzard since more people would use a service if it cost less. Pathetic.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
100 Tauren Paladin
No Proudmoore yet?

BOO
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
You are all missing the point behind this, its just like anything in life, it is a PAID SERVICE. You pay to play this game at all. get over it, and put it this way. any money put into the game in the long run hopefully makes the game better.

for a guild like mine where my guild name, and achievements actually matter

<Intent> Us. Kel'thuzad #1 in the world for Guild achievement points with all tabs. and gold cap'd (x3)

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kelthuzad/Intent/achievement">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/kelthuzad/Intent/achievement</a>

We were planning on transferring in the next three weeks off of KT horde side because its dead. this service not only saves us some money, in the terms of we would have to Buy another guild wherever we ended up. but also allows us to retain our Name. Level, achievements and prestige some day maybe the mass majority of people playing this game will realize Blizzard is a Business, their end goal is to sell a Product. they aren't the freaking red-cross or welfare.

I DO however agree that the price is a little high, for a guild orientated sort of transfer system and there should be a *follow your guild* discount for up to 30 days for people transferring mains and alts. ill give you the math on my guild.

( we already did it)

Intent has Three raid cores. two 25 man 1 10 man. that's 60 raiders. not to mention each raid has tons of backups which brings it to roughly 100 raiders. now tack on at least 35% of those raiders will be transferring anywhere between 1 and 5 "alts" also add on the fact our guild has 600 toons in it. with roughly 200+ accounts. of which 75% will be following us where ever we go. all in all when the dust has settled Blizzard has to gain roughly 10.000 USD from my guild

Why not actually become a REAL elite guild...oo your 1 on this server. 54th on 25man 98th on 25&10 & 161 on achievements in the US...good luck aparently your not even in the conversation of elite guilds so enjoy transferring somewhere and becoming just another scrub guild
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Still no Gnomeregan?
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
100 Tauren Paladin
Why not actually become a REAL elite guild...oo your 1 on this server. 54th on 25man 98th on 25&10 & 161 on achievements in the US...good luck aparently your not even in the conversation of elite guilds so enjoy transferring somewhere and becoming just another scrub guild

Hey look someone in a 6/7 normal 10-man guild is jealous, what a surprise.

I'm in a 3/7 H 10man guild and I'm jealous.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
And one last update for you folks today:

Guild services are now open on all North American realms. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Sweet. Maybe I'll rename my bank guild to "The Goldsink." When I go back to work.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Is there any chance you have considered an option for a type of guild to be made that this is not an option for? IE on the whim of the GM you dont have to change faction or realm if you would rather not and still be able to keep your guild perks and guild achievements that you helped work for? Sort of as a security option for a guild member looking to join a new guild, or one in the progress of starting up? Kind of like when you go in for Mutual funds you can pick your risk level?
Reply Quote
It's funny, when I heard about the guild services coming out I assumed that it would be some sort of discount for a guild to move to another server. Normally, when people do things in bulk they get a discount. I was absolutely shocked to see the price on this service.

Blizzard should be ashamed for milking people as much as they do on their services. I refuse to use them even though I'm a fairly serious player. I get that it's a corporation, but this is just absurd. I doubt it's even a good deal for Blizzard since more people would use a service if it cost less. Pathetic.

You don't like it? Don't get it. You don't really NEED the service. It's a convenience. You can just as easily reroll another toon in another realm and make a new guild and level it at no cost. It's not like you're left without a choice that doesn't involve you paying them any extra than you already do for your monthly sub. What's pathetic is that you expect a corporation to not to try to make money for providing such a convenience.
Edited by Mirox on 10/27/2011 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Says the guy from Shpadoinkle...obviously best guild on KT. Nice meta & you're missing your shoulder enchant. ;)
Edited by Jenownz on 10/27/2011 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]