4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

90 Night Elf Druid
10/26/2011 06:31 AMPosted by Zamm
A large problem with caty is that we have lost off night raids where the core of players who are on most nights can run with new players, social members or alts. Those raids still can't happen.

Oh my god you hit the nail on the head, we have guild members that have never stepped foot in t11 let alone t12. These are the social members friends and family , casual, new players. But still in old xpacs we had off nights and people could get to run, now it dont happen, and we have people disillusioned about the game and the raid system. unlock 10 from 25, up the loot rates, 25 drops better loot. And dont do this twice week reset for current raids.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Please never do this. This would force progression raiding guilds into running raids twice as much as they already do. I raid 4 nights a week with one lock out per week, I do not want to raid 6-7 just to keep up in progression. This is a terrible idea and will force some serious issues on guilds that raid at the progression level while forcing more casual guilds further behind in content.

Please do not do this, I would be sad if I had to quit progression raiding because 6-7 nights a week is just too much.
Edited by Greyhammer on 10/26/2011 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I see this as unfair in a live situation, it should be a for a all or keep it the same.

Though in those markets they have to pay by the hour to play so it might not be that terrible for the extra money? However you are doing a disservice to the other regions that you service by "testing" this in a pay by hour market and live.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I actually like the idea someone else posted up the page. If you want to give players "more chances at epic loot drops", just drop more loot. Surely you could do that instead of throwing a spanner in the works. I like raiding one and a half days a week during farm status... it makes the progression push bearable.

I agree, if the reason is so people have access to more gear, then have the bosses drop more gear. Increase the BoE epic drop rate again etc. Being able to kill a boss more than once a week affects too many other things.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

So we get 7-8 bosses because you only want us to spend a few days to keep up with progression. Now we have to do it twice a week to keep up on progression? Was the earlier claim that 7-8 bosses felt good because you only want us to spend a few days to keep up on progression a complete fabrication to excuse the extremely low number of bosses in tier 12 and soon tier 13?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Pleas never do this. This would force progression raiding guilds into running raids twice as much as they already do. I raid 4 nights a week with one lock out per week, I do not want to raid 6-7 just to keep up in progression. This is a terrible idea and will force some serious issues on guilds that raid at the progression level while forcing more casual guilds further behind in content.

Please do not do this, I would be sad if I had to quit progression raiding because 6-7 nights a week is just too much.

Nobody's forcing you to raid that much. Don't blame others for your choices, take some responsibility. Besides, unless you're going for a server first, does it really matter if you kill H Deathwing after another guild does?

If you are going for a server first, you'd already be doing a crap ton of raiding and wiping. If you don't wish to put in the effort for such an achievement, then you'll lose it to somebody who does.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

Pleas never do this. This would force progression raiding guilds into running raids twice as much as they already do. I raid 4 nights a week with one lock out per week, I do not want to raid 6-7 just to keep up in progression. This is a terrible idea and will force some serious issues on guilds that raid at the progression level while forcing more casual guilds further behind in content.

what "Progression Race"? the race for Firelands is winding down and really kinda over. This does not apply to Dragon Soul so again not related to progression at all. If your guild forces you to run Firelands twice as much due to a race you already lost, find a new guild the one you're in is lead by morons. No one is worried about ABC(already been chewed) fireland/bot/bwd/tot4w lockouts.

10/26/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Satine
I thought the opposite of this was one of the reasons given for removing the different lockouts for 10s and 25s. So people didn't feel the need to run a raid twice a week to keep up. WTF?

who are you keeping up with? the race to server 256th? i'm not trying to belittle the efforts of guilds out side of the top 1000 in progression but if you are not doing full heroic clears by now an extra lockout is not going going to fix or address that...try thinking before crying
Edited by Hâirydotter on 10/26/2011 8:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

I'm curious as to what Blizzard is testing for, specifically. Using what we know about the player base, I think the outcome is fairly obvious.

Most Progression/Hardcore guilds will suddenly be doing heroic Firelands twice per week in the interest of making sure all their raiders have 391s at their disposal for Dragon Soul release day, and will likely be using some of these extra days to gear up alts (if they aren't already) in the event that certain classes are vastly more favorable than others for x encounter in 4.3. This lockout change will also afford them the opportunity to grind out double the legendaries, ensuring every DPS caster in the main group is sporting one. Once they feel they are sufficiently geared up (or just sick of looking at the same bosses), they may return to a once-per-week schedule, leaving plenty of time to play the PTR and prepare themselves for a day-one clear of Dragon Soul.

Casual guilds will probably continue to run their normal schedules, with runs later in the week for alts or those with schedule conflicts, being supplemented by mains from the first group. A small portion of casual guilds will attempt to take on double duty every week, perhaps with the intent of getting their first/second Dragonwrath. A significant percentage of these will not succeed due to the nature of 4-5 day raid weeks conflicting heavily with the whole concept of a casual guild. Burnout will happen. Some guilds who still struggle with doing 3-4 bosses in a single week will enjoy this change, as they can do the same 3-4 bosses again later in the week and get valor capped without having to do Zandoms. I think I speak for all of us when I say any system in which we never have to do those dungeons again is a positive thing.

RP guilds will continue to dance on tables in Goldshire/Silvermoon for meager coin, which they will immediately spend at the Auction House to buy that one green chest piece that shows off ungodly amounts of cleavage, attracting more clients.
Edited by Iolblood on 10/26/2011 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

what "Progression Race"? the race for Firelands is winding down and really kinda over. This does not apply to Dragon Soul so again not related to progression at all. If your guild forces you to run Firelands twice as much due to a race you already lost, find a new guild the one you're in is lead by morons. No one is worried about ABC(already been chewed) fireland/bot/bwd/tot4w lockouts.

From what I've read, the more dragonwraths you have for 4.3, the better off you will be if you're in a guild that is chasing the world firsts.

This will give one region a significant competitive advantage if Firelands is part of the twice a week arrangment.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
From what I've read, the more dragonwraths you have for 4.3, the better off you will be if you're in a guild that is chasing the world firsts.

This will give one region a significant competitive advantage if Firelands is part of the twice a week arrangment.

Its possible blizz has made it so that the drops are either less common (actually giving them a disadvantage) or that if u clear a boss once in a week it may be able to be reset and drop more loot but cannot drop living embers (but any boss not cleared in the first half of the week can still drop them) giving everyone the same chances.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

This sums my thoughts up perfectly.

- Raider from rank 8 US guild
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Nobody's forcing you to raid that much. Don't blame others for your choices, take some responsibility. Besides, unless you're going for a server first, does it really matter if you kill H Deathwing after another guild does?

If you are going for a server first, you'd already be doing a crap ton of raiding and wiping. If you don't wish to put in the effort for such an achievement, then you'll lose it to somebody who does.

In progression focused raiding which I do now, I would have to raid twice a week 6-7 nights a week to keep raiding at the level I do now. No one has a gun to my head, but guilds that are like mine will have to up their raiding to stay at the same level they are now with less nights. My guild and I would either have to do extra raids to stay relevant and recruit good players or would fall behind and lower recruitment standards to keep raiding (which then weakens us for hard mode content). This puts players like me who do progression raiding but have a job and other commitments in a situation where we would lose what we love most about the game.
Edited by Greyhammer on 10/26/2011 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please don't do this. If you want people to get more gear just have the bosses drop more gear.

You really can't expect guilds to raid twice as much. It's cramming to much into too small of a time frame.

If you do this we would either have to miss a lockout and fall behind on progression or suck it up and try to raid twice as much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Gearing people up faster in old content so that they can do new content?

Works for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/25/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids.

Why is one region being give a huge advantage in creating ledgendaries and current content?

Either cut the drop rate in half or less for Taiwan and Korea or double it for the rest of the world.

After all you nerfed the 25 man drop rate so people didn't have to many. Now you allowing one region to effectively get double what any other region can get.

If you really think about it it the advantage, even with lower drop rates in 10 man, could be at least 4 times by splitting a 25 man raid adding 5 people and running 3 10 mans.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 10/26/2011 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]