4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

90 Dwarf Paladin
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.
More raiding? Yeaaaaa i like it! 1 for guild runs another for Pugs sounds awesome :) But i reccomend you add ways to extend lockouts Or i think there is a option already?

Only if one full lock out falls outside of your guilds raid schedule. If not then you can't do a PuG and progression raid each week. Which is why we need separate lock outs (and loot tables) back.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Though this seems like a fantastic idea it would seem pointless for guilds across most realms. A raid group would more then likely have to extend the raid lock because of conflicting raiding schedules. The only benefit I can see this working for anyone is hardcore guilds on some of the top servers or those who pug raids on there mains and alts.

So here's my suggestion. One you could allow maybe two raid lockouts per character instead of the single one per week. Two you open up 10 and 25 man raiding as separate lockouts again but with the same type of gear.

Overall this idea really needs a lot of work so that its usable for all players in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

I didn't read all 14 pages of posts, but I totally agree with this person.

"letting" = "required" when it comes to serious raiding.

I always hated in previous expansions that I would be forced to run 10 man content just to scrounge up the 1 or 2 pieces of gear in those raids that was BIS for 25 man raiding too.

Plus what is the point of getting everyone through content faster? It just means people will get bored (or burned out) of current content more quickly than they are now
Edited by Bellagraced on 10/26/2011 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
10/25/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Rectangle
I won't play if I have to raid twice as often as I currently do to keep up with the same level of progression

Millions of other subscribers will.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I am so tired of these self identified "progression" raiders whining about every change that comes out helping normal players in this game. please repeat after me:

"IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETING THE CONTENT IN THE FIRST 2 TO 4 WEEKS OF IT'S DEBUT ON THE LIVE SERVERS (I HATE TO DESTROY YOUR FANTASY BUT...) YOU ARE NOT A HARDCORE PROGRESSION RAIDER. IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE CONTENT ON THE PTR UP TO JAPANESE CARTOON !@#$ DEATHWING YOU ARE NOT A HARDCORE PROGRESSION RAIDER. YOU ARE A NORMAL PLAYER JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. "

So use the extra lock out or don't your guilds progression and/or your inability to practice self control isn't important or interesting to the greater wow community. These are the sort of changes that make it easier for people like me who can't dedicate every night (or even schedule nights to play) to playing wow and will allow me to see (get dragged through by far more geared players) more of the content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Quit whining about how your fake mid-range progression will be ruined. You guys have never been progression oriented, not in classic, not in tbc, not in wotlk, and not now. You've been overshadowed even still now by the previous actually progression focused and good guilds that were on Eredar in classic.

You're progression if you're in the top 50 continuously. If you're not there you're just with the rest of the garbage.

Obvious troll is obvioussssss.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
No idea why people are complaining about this. Don't like that it resets on you earlier than you like? Extend the lockout. You can do that now, and they haven't said they plan on removing this function. Kind of like how people are throwing a bit of a fit over this, would be nice to be able to do more raiding more often.

*Grammar edit.
Edited by Banished on 10/26/2011 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am so tired of these self identified "progression" raiders whining about every change that comes out helping normal players in this game. please repeat after me:

"IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETING THE CONTENT IN THE FIRST 2 TO 4 WEEKS OF IT'S DEBUT ON THE LIVE SERVERS (I HATE TO DESTROY YOUR FANTASY BUT...) YOU ARE NOT A HARDCORE PROGRESSION RAIDER. IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE CONTENT ON THE PTR UP TO JAPANESE CARTOON !@#$ DEATHWING YOU ARE NOT A HARDCORE PROGRESSION RAIDER. YOU ARE A NORMAL PLAYER JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. "

So use the extra lock out or don't your guilds progression and/or your inability to practice self control isn't important or interesting to the greater wow community. These are the sort of changes that make it easier for people like me who can't dedicate every night (or even schedule nights to play) to playing wow and will allow me to see (get dragged through by far more geared players) more of the content.

It is possible to consider yourself a progression raider without considering yourself to be a hardcore progression raider.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I would just like to say that with the state of my legendary progression and 4.3 on the horizon.... please let this happen asap. =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/26/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Malapropos
These are the sort of changes that make it easier for people like me who can't dedicate every night (or even schedule nights to play) to playing wow and will allow me to see (get dragged through by far more geared players) more of the content.

People still won't take you, Why hold themselves back when they could easily clear it twice?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I really like!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
10/25/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
get more chances at epic loot drops.

nuff said
Reply Quote
All of them combined. Joined lock outs and loot tables meant people took the easiest route to gear (the skinner box food pellet that keeps many people coming back week after week once farming bosses and paying subs).

A 25 man guild (80% of them in WotLK) can not recruit new players when the new players know that they will have an easier time in 10 mans whilst a raid is on progression.
10s aren't easier. In fact, at certain levels of progression, they're quite a bit harder. This isn't a debate I wish to get into at the moment. Check my other posts.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430936704#5

10/26/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Zamm
When a 25 man guild can no longer run 25s they move to 10s, normally they don't split equally into 2 10 man squads.
Usually the guilds that do this stop raiding competitively. They don't usually form a superior 10m out of the remains. Now that I think about it, I've never seen a 25m guild collapse into a superior 10m.

…the average skill of a 10 man raid formed from a 25 man guild is higher than the average skill of their old 25 man raid. So even if the bosses are scaled perfectly the 10 man squad will have an easier time than their old 25 man group.
Ensidia also thought like this. Funny how quickly they switched back to 25m.

10/26/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Zamm
Further, the joined lock outs slash the amount of game time available to the most active players. And those are the players who ran the off night raids which helped the casual players see the content, or gave them a chance to try out, and teach, new raiders how to raid, and hopefully convert them from casual to hardcore.
These raiders are using alts for raiding on off nights now… which is something that a blue poster suggested back when the equalization of 10s and 25s was announced. This is also how it tended to work in BC, with alt raids pugging some people and running them through Kara/Gruul/Mag.

In addition, if Blizz were to unlink 10 and 25m raid locks, players would have to raid both to stay competitive. 25m guilds can split up into 3 10s fairly easily to run the 10m lockouts (with alts filling gaps), but 10m guilds can't run the 25s without pugging more than half the raid.

I'm not opposed to going back to a system where one raid size is the competitive standard, and the other is purely for casuals (although this will never happen). However, simply separating the lockouts is kinda dumb. I'm also uninterested in having to kill the same encounters more than once a week in order to stay competitive. The game is repetitive and time consuming enough as it is.

If I wanted to do the same content twice a week, I would have rolled an alt. Forcing me to do it twice in order to keep up with everyone else isn't acceptable.
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Malapropos
I am so tired of these self identified "progression" raiders whining about every change that comes out helping normal players in this game.
This change only benefits the players that can dedicate enough time to take advantage of each lockout. These aren't "normal players." These are players who think of the game as a full-time job.

I did it too, when I was a "hardcore progression raider". It's not the healthiest lifestyle.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
People dont seem to understand that blizzard recognize the casual player...AKA the PUG! There are more people who PUG, and that dont have the time to set times to raid and extend a lockout. WHy would i as a casual raider want to wait a week to do the same trash that takes me 2 hrs to do, in one given night? Guilds can extend a lock till the next reset. Casual raiders are the majority, since real life takes pressidence. To wrap it up i think its a great idea especially since you have a Raid extend for all you hardcore progressing guildies!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]