4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

85 Draenei Death Knight
For everyone complaining about burning out due to progression:
1. This change has no bearing on you or any other North American player in any way.
2. This will not be applied to t13 raids.
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Justserved
1. This change has no bearing on you or any other North American player in any way.
Oh really? Letting another region have additional lockouts will definitely affect the progression race in 4.3.

10/26/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Justserved
Firelands is current content. This is being applied to Firelands. Allowing one region to have twice as many lockouts is going to invalidate the progression race. Nowhere has Blizzard stated that this will not apply to 4.3. In fact, they have implied that it will apply to "current" content going forward.
Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.
Emphasis on "current".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/26/2011 02:42 PMPosted by Doomoracle
…the average skill of a 10 man raid formed from a 25 man guild is higher than the average skill of their old 25 man raid. So even if the bosses are scaled perfectly the 10 man squad will have an easier time than their old 25 man group.

Ensidia also thought like this. Funny how quickly they switched back to 25m.

Because 10 man progression is thought of as a joke among progression guilds.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 10/26/2011 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
Though this seems like a fantastic idea it would seem pointless for guilds across most realms. A raid group would more then likely have to extend the raid lock because of conflicting raiding schedules. The only benefit I can see this working for anyone is hardcore guilds on some of the top servers or those who pug raids on there mains and alts.

So here's my suggestion. One you could allow maybe two raid lockouts per character instead of the single one per week. Two you open up 10 and 25 man raiding as separate lockouts again but with the same type of gear.

Overall this idea really needs a lot of work so that its usable for all players in the game.

Blanket statements are always right, amiright?

This may not seem fantastic to your guild but don't try extending that to the majority. I'm in an extremely casual guild that took several weeks to learn how to kill Shannox. Pre-nerf, we could only kill 4 bosses and were stuck on Alys. Post-nerf, we rolled straight through Staghelm and only last night killed Ragnaros. Not in the least hard core. Yet, I see this change as an interesting option. We run a 4 night raid schedule each week, rotating players nightly around their family/work obligations. We're slow but we have fun.

If this option is available for Tier 13 (which I am not assuming but everyone else is arguing about), then it will be helpful for my guild because we will have twice the opportunity for loot each week from the bosses we have learned to kill. More gear will lessen our learning curve as dps and suvivability increases. But, we still have the option to extend a lockout if we want to push forward... or not extend if we have several bosses on farm. Either way, its a choice that will be interesting and I welcome it.

Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
Pleas never do this. This would force progression raiding guilds into running raids twice as much as they already do. I raid 4 nights a week with one lock out per week, I do not want to raid 6-7 just to keep up in progression. This is a terrible idea and will force some serious issues on guilds that raid at the progression level while forcing more casual guilds further behind in content.

Please do not do this, I would be sad if I had to quit progression raiding because 6-7 nights a week is just too much.

Nobody's forcing you to raid that much. Don't blame others for your choices, take some responsibility. Besides, unless you're going for a server first, does it really matter if you kill H Deathwing after another guild does?

If you are going for a server first, you'd already be doing a crap ton of raiding and wiping. If you don't wish to put in the effort for such an achievement, then you'll lose it to somebody who does.
This is the exact reason they share lockouts in cataclysm blizz said "We don't feel that players should feel obligated to run 10's and 25's.".
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
10/26/2011 11:47 AMPosted by Sorro
I think this is an issue with having so few raid bosses in 4.2. If there were more raid content, twice-weekly raid lockouts would not be needed to incentivize more play during the week.
3.2 had less bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Why not remove shared 10/25 lockouts instead? :)
Reply Quote
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.
woot! /approve the fix..

would be nice to be able to do both 10m and 25m in a week.. but this works as well. (though would be nice if pre cata raids had the 10 and 25m in the same week due to gear not sharing)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I remember someone said "it is a bad idea that everyone can raid a dungeon twice a week" and made all 10/25 & normal/heroic dungeons as one instance.
Now "someone" realized this idea is a pretty stupid, but he is embarrassed to admit. Therefore player in Taiwan and Korean can raid twice now.
Combination of all 10/25 & normal/heroic dungeons is the stupidest thing ever happened in WOW.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I really like this idea, once we have heroic rag down we will be clearing 7/7hm in like 2 hours. Need more to do, I've got 6 85s and 4 58s (waiting on that outland and northrend xp reduction!)
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 04:35 PMPosted by Blackgoddess

I'm sure it had nothing to do with how quickly they fell behind.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Posted by Blackgoddess

A joke because it's harder?
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Nyargumflomf
A joke because it's harder?
Now, I don't want to give the impression that I think it's actually harder. It's true that 10m raiding is a joke when you can field any of 15 players who already know the fights from 25m or their extremely geared alts…

Some of us only have 10-12 players (3 of which play hunters), and the undergeared alts of a couple of them.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
lawl, dragonwraths in half the time
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
10/26/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Doomoracle
Oh really? Letting another region have additional lockouts will definitely affect the progression race in 4.3.

Firelands is current content. This is being applied to Firelands. Allowing one region to have twice as many lockouts is going to invalidate the progression race. Nowhere has Blizzard stated that this will not apply to 4.3. In fact, they have implied that it will apply to "current" content going forward.
Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.
Emphasis on "current".
Zarhym's quote
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids.
So no. It wont be for current content for North America.

Besides, Firelands is done, it wont be current content in about a month
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
[quote]Though this seems like a fantastic idea it would seem pointless for guilds across most realms. A raid group would more then likely have to extend the raid lock because of conflicting raiding schedules. The only benefit I can see this working for anyone is hardcore guilds on some of the top servers or those who pug raids on there mains and alts.

So here's my suggestion. One you could allow maybe two raid lockouts per character instead of the single one per week. Two you open up 10 and 25 man raiding as separate lockouts again but with the same type of gear.

Overall this idea really needs a lot of work so that its usable for all players in the game.

I'm not really blanketing to the norm but pointing out some possible issues that could happen if this was implemented on the North American Servers. I do agree with you that it's a great idea just that it needs some work so it doesn't cause so much conflict.

To be honest having a shot to re-run a boss fight because some idiot who didn't know how to raid lead got me locked to a single fight sounds like a pretty good idea.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Emphasis on "current".
Zarhym's quote
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids.
So no. It wont be for current content for North America.

Besides, Firelands is done, it wont be current content in about a month

But it has also been said that this is being TESTED there, so it is at least a decent possibility that if it works out there, it will come to NA.

"We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementaton."

I take this to mean that they just want to see how it goes in a market where the media attetion is a bit less focused and they can sweep it under the rug if it does not go over well.

For those being critical of those saything they are somewhat progression raiders, yeah, we/they/us may not be SUPER hard core, but rather they are the somewhere in the middle raiders.

IMO there are 3 types of raider:

1) Hard Core raider who finishes all content in the first month.

2) Progression raider who is working with a team to clear current content and gear up for most of the patch, raiding 2 days a week with one night being farm mode and a 2nd night being progress on a new boss or hard modes. (I would guessthis is the largest portion of raiders)

3) Puggers, casuals, who raid once ever week or two or three as they have time and pugs form.

Both groups 1 and 3 will probably benefit from this. Hard core raiders will simply go through content faster and since they are willing to cheat the system to do this anyways (faction change, ext) its not a biggy, race race race. Puggers/Casuals may also see an improvment as there will be a better chance at getting people who have not done the first 2-3 bosses in a raid tier on more days of the week.

The real question is what happens to those in group 2. Is there progression slowed because they still raid 2 nights a week and use the reset to farm the same 4-5 bosses over and over, not taking on new challenges due to a desire to get loot since they don't "have" to work on new/harder fights.... do some groups force/drive/motivate players to raid even more so that they do farm mode on day 1, challenges on day 2, reset the id, farm mode day 3, hard mode again on day 4.... making raiding even harder and more time consuming. And no, I am not compairing their progression to the hard cores, but to others in the same tier of progression/timing/raiding. If 7 of your 10 man are completing the raid twice a week for better gear, are the 3-4 others from the team that are only able to make it once a week slowing the rest of the team down?

These changes have the potential to break some of the 2 groups teams up IMO and cheapens their experience the most.
Edited by Keedon on 10/26/2011 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]