4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

1 Undead Warlock
Posted by Blackgoddess

Ensidia also thought like this. Funny how quickly they switched back to 25m.

Because 10 man progression is thought of as a joke among progression guilds.

A joke because it's harder?
No. They're easier. Much easier.
Reply Quote

A joke because it's harder?
This must be why so many 25m guilds keep running 2-3 10m raids in order to progress faster and gear up.
Edited by Doomoracle on 10/26/2011 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Isn't the reason why you combined the 10/25 lockouts in the first place so that people WOULDN'T farm gear so much?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is !@#$ing stupid Blizzard. First you claim people were raiding to much, so you put 10 and 25 mans on the same timers. NOW you want to reset the raid twice a week. FFS just take off the damn 10-25 man restriction.

Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
10/26/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Cuthgar
This is !@#$ing stupid Blizzard. First you claim people were raiding to much, so you put 10 and 25 mans on the same timers. NOW you want to reset the raid twice a week. FFS just take off the damn 10-25 man restriction.
I'm a little confused. So the lockouts reset twice a week instead of once. What restriction is there?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
This must be why so many 25m guilds keep running 2-3 10m raids in order to progress faster and gear up.
Progress faster? Absolutely.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What about points? Will they also be reset twice a week like the lockouts? If so will this extend to pvp points being reset twice a week also?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/26/2011 09:35 PMPosted by Bastok
What about points? Will they also be reset twice a week like the lockouts? If so will this extend to pvp points being reset twice a week also?

No valor still resets once a week in that region. and this has nothing to do with pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I can't believe how many pathetic, weak-willed people flocked to this thread.

If you feel you are "forced" into raiding, by Blizzard, your guild, your own thought-process, and can't say NO, your addictive personality should not be playing this game.

And the people only playing for the gear and not enjoying the experience of raiding....why are you even paying to play this game? I can think of much easier, cheaper games to get shiny pixels from.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Priest
@ Zarhym

Smart approach. Raiding more often will make it more likely that people will keep their subscriptions for the early times of the raid content. Not very likely to keep them in the game past the 3month "farm status" though. The week-long lockout kind of forced you to keep playing, otherwise you "were not prepared" for the next tier of gear in time.

SO....for the casual gamer on Raid Finder, it just might work.
For the hardcore person that has a guild that can beat your dungeons in just under 3 hours in 1 night? Probably not a good idea for long-run gameplay involving active subscriptions.

I'm sure you've already thought of this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
what I love about this thread is most if not all the complainers are those who have FL on farm or are close to it.

Lots of we clear FL on HEROIC in 1 and half hours RAWR RAWR RAWR.
Then a few sentences later its oh QQ we dont want to raid 6 nights a week.

Are you trying to tell me you raid 30 mins a night to make the first hour and a half of your supposed FL pwnage?

Go ahead and QQ about how I havent even completed firelands I seriously dont care. This caters for all bar the hardcore guilds. Think about the start when guilds were stuck on 1 or 2 bosses in FL and every week it was lets spend 15 hours and here you go 2 boss drops. Cause they are constantly wiping on the next boss. Now imagine if the same guild could kill the first two bosses twice a week. Im pretty sure you would find more interest in raiding with that possibility then the yep another week of no loot cause we cant do anymore.

Sorry to the 1 or maybe even 2% of the population who believe they are "hardcore" and feel like they are competing. Unfortunately with the whole "next patch testing" none of this makes much sense anymore. Come live 100's of people have probably already cleared it.

Also IMHO if you are "hardcore" or "competitive" and you havent cleared HL FL now... well then I guess sucks to be you.

Happy days to the casual raider who hates raiding once a week and now has the option to pug once a week AND still be available to their guilds raiding schedule!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also people should read how it says applys to 4.0 and 4.2 Im pretty sure I didnt misread and not see the 4.3 which you are all QQ'ing about I hope.

If anything btw the twice a week reset of 4.0 and 4.2 benefits Hardcore guilds more then anyone else. If you can clear it in under 2 hours. You will spend 4 hours a week getting twice as much loot then previous which will mean you will be even better geared for 4.3 and will clear 4.3 even faster.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
This is most definitely a great idea for previous tier content, giving more options for VP, better options to gear up for current tier raids. Although adding it to current tier raids might cause a hassle in peoples schedules, I guess it can be worked out with the extended lockout timer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Wait let me repost that again

Ok Woot I read it... to all the hardcore raiders dont worry its not going to affect you. To the casuals Hoorah now you can get hopefully some loot... stupid RNG drops
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Relayed this information to the guildies on vent, their reaction was along the lines of "You mean we gotta do this two times a week now?"

In regards to progression. A few pieces of gear WILL NOT speed up progression in most cases. Say, it resets Friday night...most guilds who do progression raiding will be working on one boss each raid-night until they down it. While this would be fantastic for casual raiding, without a doubt it hinders guild progression.

For the record, I have no qualms with this. I find this idea very practical compared to nerfing raid bosses. I do believe the right gear does make bosses easier through raw healing and damage outputs. Just no staggered raid lockouts please, those sucked.

Dunno about you, but this would help OUR guild a lot.
We clear 7/7 FL normal in 2~3 hours. It'd be nice if we could do another clear, rather than sitting around for six more days.
Reply Quote
How on earth does this help casuals? If this goes through, I'll have the same amount of raid time, but twice the work to do unless I extend the raid lockouts.

If I extend the lockout, and just raid the same ID all week, I fall even further behind those guilds that have FL on farm.
If I DON'T extend the lockout, I have half the time to actually work on progression.

Either way, I get left behind twice as fast. I'm not sure how that can be considered helpful.
Edited by Doomoracle on 10/27/2011 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Don't make me clear twice a week.... I have classes to not neglect....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/27/2011 12:32 AMPosted by Exodiul
what I love about this thread is most if not all the complainers are those who have FL on farm or are close to it.

I don't have FL on farm. I have not raided seriousy since WotLK. I'm one of those complaining. Want to know why? Let me give you some background.

My home server is Terokkar. We're a slow server, having maybe two to three guilds in total of either faction run 25s. We were a new server for BC. During BC our progression as a server was decent though slow because it was low-pop and new. During Sunwell, there was a mass exodus of raiders (either leaving through transfers or retiring), which made our pop lower. We became a free open transfer server, which destroyed our server economy and gave us new people from different server cultures to play with. In early Wotlk guilds broke. Broke hard and kept doing so every new raid we got. After a slight recovery during ICC where the new server pop actually started to live with the old server pop (mainly because there wasn‘t much of the old server pop left), things decided to go Boom again. It all Broke-sploded at the beginning of Cata for both ally and horde on Terokkar. Things are starting to rebuild a little but we have extremely slow progression and pretty much PuG is king.

Despite the fact that we've been slow and had so many setbacks as a populous, our big 25s and 10s guilds have and will probably always raid more than 3 nights a week 4 to 6 hours a night. Raiding that long on our server is hard enough, turnover rate on our server is high. The number of guilds that have managed to survive all of this since BC are two.

Adding a shorter ‘work week’ to the raiding guilds that remain on Terokkar would be devastating for the following reasons:

- Guilds that are considered ‘Progressive’ on our server will push their raiders to raid 6 nights, at least.
- Despite being small, we’re still competitive with each other and thus those guilds who cannot put in more time will fall behind faster than before.
- The gear gap between our general pop and our raiding pop is extreme, this would push it further. Guilds will have to deal with recruits that are very lowly geared in comparison or try to attract more server transfers.
- Burnout rate for 4 night raiding is high on Terokkar, pushing it to 6 nights would increase burnout.
- Those that can raid 3 nights a week may not also be able to raid 6 nights due to irl. This decreases the number of people available to be consistent raiders or new recruits.
- 6 night raiding may lead to more guild collapse because our raiding guilds may not have enough people that can raid that many days a week.
- Smaller raiding guilds may not stay competitive and may lose the raiders that can raid 6 nights to a guild that is doing so, while those that can’t might lose their raiding all together because they now don’t have enough for even a 10 man team due to them flocking to the 6-nighters.

These are some, but not all of my complaints as a non-raiding non-progression oriented casual. PuGs are king here on Terokkar, but despite that - our few raiding guilds that remain will have an ever more difficult time raiding than they have had previously. It will break guilds on this server, almost guaranteed. 3 day raid resets for current raids is the last thing our server needs. Doing this to older raids may even still break us because our general pop is still not completely 359 geared. We’re just now bouncing back from what Cata brought, and to have this happen might just tear Terokkar apart.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]