4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

90 Pandaren Warrior
10/27/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.

Excellent news, this is fully approved.

And I agree with Catie, no Gnome or Goblin Warlocks in raids any further, they're just too creepy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/27/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Delerious
I like how a couple of us are trying to discuss the actual topic here and most people, including Zarhym are hung up on Caitie's typical thread de-railer. I'm not a Caitie hater nor supporter, but it gets old when she posts and the thread gets completely de-railed.

This is why I was not responding. Made my joke, gunna let people have a giggle & move on with it. ;P
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
10/27/2011 04:07 PMPosted by Boggyb
Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.

If your intention was to squash the doom and gloom prognostications, using a qualifier like "currently" in your dismissal is not the way to go about it. If you are testing the system which you said you were, you are not going to be planning on implementing the system until the testing is completed.

Your phrasing leaves the door open for the implementation of the shorter lockout without going back on what you said while appearing to dismiss the possibility of it being implemented.

And what?
You want Blizzard to promise absolutely no mater what never ever in the future of this game even come the year 2100 will we ever consider doing this for post 4.3 raids?
There are "no plans currently" to do it is as absolutely truthful as they can be.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
10/27/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I like how a couple of us are trying to discuss the actual topic here and most people, including Zarhym are hung up on Caitie's typical thread de-railer. I'm not a Caitie hater nor supporter, but it gets old when she posts and the thread gets completely de-railed.

This is why I was not responding. Made my joke, gunna let people have a giggle & move on with it. ;P

Yeah, I understand it's not always your fault :P , it's just frustrating to try and get further info or discussion and in zoom the fan boys >_>

So Z, any idea if this will be hitting US realms pre-4.3?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Thanks for the clarification. I'm very relieved to see that this will not apply to current raids. It's definitely ok for previous tiers. It's also ok if you apply it to dragonsoul when it is no longer considered current content.

By "current content" I mean the latest raid to be released, and the most recent full tier. As in, ICC was still "current content" when Ruby sanctum was out, but ToC wasn't "current content" when ICC was out.

I'd also like to mention that one of the reasons I didn't like this is that all through this tier I've felt as if there was no stability in the raiding game. I feel like Major changes such as this should wait for a major content patch when the game fundamentally changes anyway.
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Warlock

Any idea when the 2x lockout/week will be implemented in NA? Obviously before 4.3 but just figured I'd ask.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/27/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Mezzulmoxx

If your intention was to squash the doom and gloom prognostications, using a qualifier like "currently" in your dismissal is not the way to go about it. If you are testing the system which you said you were, you are not going to be planning on implementing the system until the testing is completed.

Your phrasing leaves the door open for the implementation of the shorter lockout without going back on what you said while appearing to dismiss the possibility of it being implemented.

And what?
You want Blizzard to promise absolutely no mater what never ever in the future of this game even come the year 2100 will we ever consider doing this for post 4.3 raids?
There are "no plans currently" to do it is as absolutely truthful as they can be.

I'd like for them to explain what their expectations/goals/thoughts are on the issue of a mid-week lockout. Two sentences on the issue is not enough.

10/25/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

Does not answer the concerns posted in this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

No need to get short with her.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock

What about old world (80 and downward) raids? It kind of sucks, farming transmog gear and having to wait week after week. It would be nice if it were on a 3 or 4 day lockout period.
Edited by Virina on 10/27/2011 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'm going to hold you to this, Z.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior

No need to get short with her.

he's a dwarf too

this is deeper than we thought!

But in all honesty, if blizzard think's we don't need the lockout timer shortened, than that's fine I guess! Provided that post 4.2 I can play non stop like a maniac! But it's not like I dont do that anyways
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think it would go a long ways to settling everyone if they simply came out and said:

"All raids of previous tiers will be on the two lockout cycle.

All current tier/patch raids will remain on one week lockouts.

As tiers/patches progress, expiring current raids will be given 2 lockouts once a new raid/tier is released. "

/end debate and worry of 99.9% of people.
Edited by Keedon on 10/27/2011 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
2 lockouts? w/e, this expac makes no sense to me anyways. I kind of give up trying to figure out where blizzard's head is at. Just want it to be over.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest

To be perfectly honest, she totally makes me smile. Her humour and insight are one of the reasons i haven't totally given up on this community. For the most part people come here to whine and complain... at least with Caitie, we know where she stands. She want's her pigtails. The fact that she goes out of her way to try to make other people smile or when she's interested in something she tries to explain her POV... well i think that's kinda nice, to be honest. Don't hate Catie please :)
Edited by Redneckmedic on 10/28/2011 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LFM
10/25/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Sgtslappy
People don't understand that just because you CAN raid twice a week doesn't mean you have too.

No you don't understand...when you are in a progression guild you show up for ALL posted raids or you lose your raid spot,there is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.with 2 resets per week the progression guilds will be raiding them and those people who cant make all the raids WILL be replaced,i hope you now understand why people don't want to have this happen,some people wont wanna do all that raiding but will have to to keep their spot,progression guilds wait for no one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]