4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

10/25/2011 08:37 PMPosted by Chiro
Please, please reconsider. This change will burn out so many players, and if we obtain all of our gear in a few weeks...what reason will we have to keep clearing the instances? It defeats the purpose.

Perhaps for older content, but, yes for newer content it's awful. Just a nutty idea. Why not just admit you made a mistake and up the drop rate for the staff?

If you want us to have more loot, make more drops. If more rep, then give us more rep per kill. This is about the worst thing you can do.
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock

Edit: WTF, this was meant to be posted on PTR LFR feedback forum.. how the heck did it end up here....
Edited by Boxerone on 10/28/2011 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
LOL... I guess they are realizing Cata is the xpac "of the alts" after all. Not as many people liked it hard ... now they have to do something so people can catch up.

Too bad my guild has fizzled for raiding. We had 2 10 man groups during Wrath.... now we are lucky when 5 raiders sign up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/27/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.
well, that's a shame and i do hope blizzard really considers it as an option.

this is particularly true with single raid raiding teirs (Firelands for example, as the incentive for higher geared players to go back and do BoT/To4W/BWD, is non-existant. Firelands is the only place for raiders to go without the feeling of wasted time.)

weekend pug raiders are particularly punished as it's often very difficult to find a fresh firelands run late in the week.

ICC was a single raid teir and so was ToC, however, raiders could still have a strong motivation to go back and try 3d sarth, ony or malygos for mounts, naxx for the undying, ulduar for their very fun hardmodes.

with the Dragon Soul raid, and with the Dragon Soul raid's nerfs, firelands won't be worth going to. (a slim chance at mounts for a huge time sink, it's just gonna be like every other mount bearing outdated raid)

all outdated content should have twice weekly resets (tues/sat seem like appropriate days to reset). Hardcore raiders that are progressing through firelands, often don't spend many days of the week on each boss, farm content bosses are typically cleared quite quickly in comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I Support Bi Weekly Lockouts, as it will reduce the gap in gear between the top 1% of raiders and the other 99%.

#OccupyGregStreet
Reply Quote
I Support Bi Weekly Lockouts, as it will reduce the gap in gear between the top 1% of raiders and the other 99%.

#OccupyGregStreet

Unlikely. The top 1% of raiders will still kill all the bosses twice a week, while the less-skilled will still be struggling on certain bosses and not edge out kills. If anything, a two-lockout scenario for Dragon Soul would further exacerbate the gear gap, not fix it.

However, I doubt they'll implement this for Dragon Soul. It looks like they just want to make T11 and T12 pug-friendly for 4.3 (although why they still haven't nerfed T11 Heroic is beyond me).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Anyone else notice that the "Killercaitie" posts mostly in threads with Blues?

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/27/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
Just to follow up on this, we currently have no plans to have shorter locks in any region for patches beyond 4.2. We think Raid Finder will be a great way to provide interested players with the opportunity to do a second raid per week.

I read before that in the Raid Finder if you kill a boss, and then go back to do the same raid again, you will not be eligible to loot from the 2nd kill. How would the Raid Finder be a great way to provide a 2nd raid if we are not able to receive any loot from the fights?

10/28/2011 03:11 PMPosted by Thecheat
If anything, a two-lockout scenario for Dragon Soul would further exacerbate the gear gap, not fix it.

The top raiders don't do boss fights for drops. They are going to have Heroic Firelands gear which could very well be itemized better than Dragon Sould first boss fight loot tables. Some of the 372 gear from H BoT actually seemed better than some of the 378 pieces because of the attributes. Top guilds will run through regular Dragon Soul in a few weeks using the gear they already have. A two-lockout scenario won't matter to them because they will probably extend the lockout to save time on the first fights. It's only going to help everyone else catch up imo.
Edited by Nahali on 10/29/2011 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/29/2011 06:23 AMPosted by Nahali
The top raiders don't do boss fights for drops.

You're dellusional if you think that the top raiders don't do boss fights for loot. See: Dragonwrath farming using multiple 25-mans in preparation for 4.3. They may not need the loot to get their first kills, but they're not stupid; they know upgrades = more throughput.
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Priest
Ty, I've been waiting along time for this.

Raid Lockouts shouldn't prevent people from wanting to raid.

Its kind of funny how people ask if your a mature player, meaning that mature players do raids for the kill and not this gear. HAHA, if that were true then raid lockouts should be removed to encourage us all to be mature players. Unfortunately, some people know deep down that some players are immature and will quit playing once they get all the endgame gear they need.
Reply Quote
13 Blood Elf Hunter
Any updates on this yet?
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
Pretty much a horrible idea for anything that's current content.

Make the change for all the pre-Cata raids, and maybe the 4.0 raids. But do not do this for Firelands or Dragon Soul until after MoP comes out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
so then why did Blizzard change the 10/25 man lockout in wowlk? before we could do 10 and 25 man and gear up. now its only one or the other. now you are testing two raid lockouts in a week....defeats the previous purpose.
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Priest
I don't know... all this content in the game bc, wotlk, cataclysm and to think that the only thing that is keeping players from leaving the game is preventing them from getting endgame content. HAHA sounds like a bad joke.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
To offer a different view than the "now we have to raid twice as much". My guild for one will embrace this. its not for the gear, its for something to do. we clear FL quickly (and are working on hard modes). this will allow our players that are BORED from standing around or farming for 5 nights something to do, and allow us to keep players active coming into 4.3. the fear we have is by clearing content so fast that players wont be in the habit of extended raid times that are going to be coming up with the new content.

I like it blizz, now get it to North America so we can have more fun also.

Standing around all day and doing old content is starting to lead to players finding other things to do most of the week and will ultimatly impact raids.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

I have to agree with this.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/28/2011 08:42 AMPosted by Wraithguard
No you don't understand...when you are in a progression guild you show up for ALL posted raids or you lose your raid spot,there is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.with 2 resets per week the progression guilds will be raiding them and those people who cant make all the raids WILL be replaced,i hope you now understand why people don't want to have this happen,some people wont wanna do all that raiding but will have to to keep their spot,progression guilds wait for no one.

Going to argue this assuming that progression raids do get the double lockout: (I know they don't, but for the sake of argument)

If you're working on pure progression, you're spending every raiding night working on BossWeHaven'tDowned. You'll even extend your lockouts at times, too.

There will be a moderately frustrating time near the start, as the first time or two you kill a boss, it's still not really on "farm" status. And of course, being at the start, you'll have nothing on farm status. If you do that in the first couple days, you are likely to end up resetting it and going back to that boss for the rest of the lockout.

After that, though, your progression guild will be spending less time doing progression bosses and more time doing farm days... which, if they have backups at all (and they really really should: RL happens. People get sick, they go to visit family, they have to work overtime, their power gets cut out by SOME IDIOT PLOWING INTO A POWER LINE DOWN THE STREET *why, of course this has never happened to me*) will be days the main raiders can easily have a few skip on... and should in fact be encouraged to. Even real jobs give you sick days or the option to book time off.

This period of extra farming really shouldn't end, unless your guild ends up stuck on a boss for weeks on end. Because to make it end, you literally have to get to the point where you shard 70% of the drops or so. Or more. That's when you start extending lockouts.

My reason for necro is this... is there any ETA on when we'll get double lockouts in NA?
Edited by Megafierce on 11/5/2011 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What is the plan for North American realms? The Background Downloader has started patching 4.3 into the North American clients, but we've yet to hear any word on this double lockout yet.
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Warlock
Another Tuesday rolling around, wanting to raid twice a week, still no updates.

weeeeee
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/03/2011 09:38 AMPosted by Obsidianoth
To offer a different view than the "now we have to raid twice as much". My guild for one will embrace this. its not for the gear, its for something to do. we clear FL quickly (and are working on hard modes). this will allow our players that are BORED from standing around or farming for 5 nights something to do, and allow us to keep players active coming into 4.3. the fear we have is by clearing content so fast that players wont be in the habit of extended raid times that are going to be coming up with the new content.

I'm not sure you can say you are lacking in things to do despite trying hard modes when you have a total of 1 heroic boss killed. Need something more to do? Spend more time progression raiding rather than killing bosses you have farm. Problem solved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]