4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

90 Tauren Shaman
I would really like to see this for us. Even some feedback from what blizz has seen happen with this on the TW servers. this would also let me get my staff faster and gear up our new healers for patch 4.3 after one of them left due to boss agro
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Going on 4 weeks since this launched in TW/Korea and still no updates, I would really like to raid twice a week so I'm not bored in Org all day.
Can we get an update if this is happening or not?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The twice-weekly lockouts we recently implemented in Taiwan and Korea for 4.2 raid content is not something we’ll be applying to NA or EU realms. This was a test for us to see how it could affect raid participation by changing the lockout system of older raids. With the release of 4.3, the Raid Finder feature will allow everyone to go for additional attempts at loot drops. We’re very excited about the Raid Finder and will be closely monitoring it and how people use it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/10/2011 04:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
The twice-weekly lockouts we recently implemented in Taiwan and Korea for 4.2 raid content is not something we’ll be applying to NA or EU realms. This was a test for us to see how it could affect raid participation by changing the lockout system of older raids. With the release of 4.3, the Raid Finder feature will allow everyone to go for additional attempts at loot drops. We’re very excited about the Raid Finder and will be closely monitoring it and how people use it.

I thought you could only earn loot once a week from a boss with 4.3, no matter if raid finding or not. Are you saying that we'll be able to do both the raid finder and normal/heroic and get loot from the same boss twice?
Edited by Nemuraan on 11/10/2011 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I thought you could only earn loot once a week from a boss with the raid finder. Are you saying that we'll be able to do both the raid finder and normal/heroic and get loot from the same boss twice?

Yup! It'll be "raid finder" ilvl, so it's not going to be quite as good as a normal/heroic piece for that slot, but it'll certainly be a help, and better than a sharp stick in the eye.

To clarify you have your Normal/Heroic lockout. Raid Finder has no lockout, you can run it as much as you want, but bosses will only drop for you once a week. So in one week you can go clear Normal, then go clear Raid Finder and get item drops in both.
Edited by Bashiok on 11/10/2011 4:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Mage
this would be great for mount farming old raids
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I thought you could only earn loot once a week from a boss with the raid finder. Are you saying that we'll be able to do both the raid finder and normal/heroic and get loot from the same boss twice?

Yup! It'll be "raid finder" ilvl, so it's not going to be quite as good as a normal/heroic piece for that slot, but it'll certainly be a help, and better than a sharp stick in the eye.

That is awesome news! I was aware that the ilvl from raid finder was lower, but I didn't know you could earn gear both from it and normal/heroic in the same week. Very exciting :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT

Way to take my hopes of finishing Dragonwrath in pugs and crushing it...

I'll be 5 weeks away with 6/7H clears on the 29th T~T
Reply Quote
70 Human Warlock

I've been hoping for raid lockouts to be reset every three days for content from previous expansions. It'll make it easier to farm gear for transmog and, if people have trouble with it (such as Ulduar or ICC) they can always extend the lockout.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

To clarify you have your Normal/Heroic lockout. Raid Finder has no lockout, you can run it as much as you want, but bosses will only drop for you once a week. So in one week you can go clear Normal, then go clear Raid Finder and get item drops in both.

Clarification please. If I clear a boss in raid-finder and it drops a cloth piece that I can't use and pass on the item; was that my one drop for the week or would I have a chance to lot on a plate piece from the same boss on a later kill the same week?
Edited by Boogieknight on 11/10/2011 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock

The only problem with this Bashiok is that the gear that you obtain from Normal/Heroic lockouts is vastly superior to the LFR tool. After 2-3 weeks of Normal/Heroic runs, the LFR tool will not have any upgrades worth getting. Sure you can just chain run it if you want to, but you will not get any additional power for your character after just a few weeks.

Also if you're already Heroic geared from the previous tier, then there is virtually no upgrades at all from the LFR tool. So this changes nothing for the Heroic raiding guilds.
Edited by Chalëy on 11/10/2011 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Im still confused, is this one drop per boss or just one drop out of the whole thing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Holy crap. 19 pages. O_O
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Clarification please. If I clear a boss in raid-finder and it drops a cloth piece that I can't use and pass on the item; was that my one drop for the week or would I have a chance to lot on a plate piece from the same boss on a later kill the same week?
Its one chance at drops per boss.
So 12 bosses means 1 chance at loot per boss.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Just wanted to throw out a heartfelt thank you for not implementing this in our region! I was dreading it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

So to clarify further you mean to say that we can only kill each boss once per week per raid? Once in Normal/Heroic and once in Raid Finder or is it that we can Kill bosses an undetermined amount of times using Raid Finder per week with only 1 chance at loot rolls?
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Just wanted to throw out a heartfelt thank you for not implementing this in our region! I was dreading it.

Same here. Very thankful.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
11/10/2011 04:42 PMPosted by Bashiok

Isn't this promoting the exact kind of behavior you wished to avoid by putting 10 and 25 on a shared lockout?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]