4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

100 Undead Mage
11/11/2011 06:25 AMPosted by Charsi
To clarify you have your Normal/Heroic lockout. Raid Finder has no lockout, you can run it as much as you want, but bosses will only drop for you once a week. So in one week you can go clear Normal, then go clear Raid Finder and get item drops in both.

Isn't this promoting the exact kind of behavior you wished to avoid by putting 10 and 25 on a shared lockout?

who cares!

im tired of standing in org doing nothing because of lockouts, daily caps, guild caps, vp caps, etc..5 mans aint cutting it anymore.
Reply Quote
58 Gnome Death Knight
Gotta be careful with confirming this, i can see it now with future posts galore from idiots who didnt bother to note that the announcement was for Taiwan and Korea.

They WILL undoubtedly quote this as a "promise".
They will QQ about it asking for it in multiple locked and deleted threads, to which the smart members of the community will quote the original statement ending with the following terms:

/soon
/thread
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Druid
while i understand the purpose of this is to allow faster gearing up for people who may be late to the expansion i wonder about the original purpose of not allowing players to be able to kill the same boss 2x in the same lockout that was instituted in cata -- player burnout.

if it is still an issue, why not simply double the amount of gear that drops? and even better, how about having the software monitor the group and drop gear that is useful for the characters in the party?

if that no longer is an issue, how about changing the way lockouts work and let characters do 10 and 25 in the same lockout -- and perhaps, heroic 10 and 25 -- if they want to (no one forces anyone to do that, it's the player choice).

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/10/2011 04:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
The twice-weekly lockouts we recently implemented in Taiwan and Korea for 4.2 raid content is not something we’ll be applying to NA or EU realms. This was a test for us to see how it could affect raid participation by changing the lockout system of older raids. With the release of 4.3, the Raid Finder feature will allow everyone to go for additional attempts at loot drops. We’re very excited about the Raid Finder and will be closely monitoring it and how people use it.

So are you going to increase Dragonwrath quest item drop ammounts to compensate or will be stuck with FL as part of our raid rotation till MoP?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I still think that the twice a week was a good idea. given that the loot tables are screwed.
And i don't just mean RNG , i mean something is broken. Having one of the three 'classtype' tokens drop 80% of yourdrops on both bosses is a problem. Going through 100 pieces of loot with no tank drops is a problem... especially when in that same 100 pieces of loot, there's no plate DPS drops either.

We can plow through FL in 100 minutes. I think we'd LIKE to do heroics - but because of the loot system, we can't justify not downing everyone to at least see if we can get everyone a 4-piece, or at least a few drops. twice a week would let us plow through it once for loot, and once for harder content.

Of course, twice a week might just mean we woudl be at 200 items and the fury warrior in my raid would have had a stroke by now......
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
The only way this would work is if it only applied to non-current teirs. If they do that, it'd be great for getting people caught up in gear to do current content. (or to let you get through old Raid Rep achieves faster!)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
The only way this would work is if it only applied to non-current teirs. If they do that, it'd be great for getting people caught up in gear to do current content. (or to let you get through old Raid Rep achieves faster!)
Some people have killed Rag many times, have 391 gear, but still have Zul shoulders and/or helm. I think it would work just fine. Especially if all gear is a token, RNG on RNG sucks enough as it is. Giving an extra shot a week would be the best thing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
11/15/2011 01:04 AMPosted by Milsa
Some people have killed Rag many times, have 391 gear, but still have Zul shoulders and/or helm. I think it would work just fine. Especially if all gear is a token, RNG on RNG sucks enough as it is. Giving an extra shot a week would be the best thing.

I can't figure out if you're arguing or agreeing o.O

I'm assuming arguing! (It is the wow forums! xD)

As long as it doesn't include current content. Some people already raid 4 or more days to push the progression. This would just be MADDENING for them. "Serious" Raiding would become a 7day a week job.

While it sucks to have Full Tier X except a Tier X-1 helm/shoulder/whatever, it's not gunna kill you. As long as all your gear is from the tier before the one you're working on OR your currently farming content, you're OK and need to relax (keep trying obviously, but relaxxxx). Now if you have a slot thats not been upgraded since 2 or more tiers ago, then I understand the frustration. (which is why I said allow it for all content before the current tier.)

There's always going to be plenty of filler gear in the previous tier to fill any holes you may have. Although frankly, with LFR coming out, thats gunna eliminate ALOT of gear hole problems since the Teir 13 LFR gear is gunna be better then Tier 12. (I think, although I"m not sure if it'll be better then H T12. Need to check on that) Regardless, your normal Guild raid scedule, plus a LFR run, PLUS 1 or 2 Firelands runs should be plenty to fill your missing slots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]