4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

100 Night Elf Death Knight
^.^
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
10/25/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Sgtslappy
People don't understand that just because you CAN raid twice a week doesn't mean you have too.

Likewise, people don't understand that just because Blizzard leaves the option for you to not raid twice a week, that doesn't mean you don't have to.

If this change goes live while Firelands is still relevant content, I'll be faced with two choices. #1 is that I raid twice as often to take advantage of the accelerated progression and keep up with the guilds that choose to do so. That's not acceptable -- I already raid 4 nights a week.

Option #2 is that I skip out on the extra lockout and extend once a week to bring it back to a weekly reset. The issue there is that then we'll fall behind on progression. As a hardcore, progression-focused raiding guild, that's also not acceptable. We would quickly fall behind, which aside from the loss of prestige (the whole focus behind progression raiding) would also make recruitment more difficult. It's already hard enough keeping a solid roster, even as a top 400 guild -- this would more than likely make recruitment actually impossible.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Druid
Guessing this is partly the reason for dragonwrath nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
How bout we just get 10 and 25 lockouts back? that way you can progressively gear people, at which point you can stop doing 10 once people reach that threshold of loot (ALT RUNS BOYEEEE). I liked the 232 and 245 model of TOGC loot.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

I don't mind if its for older content. I don't think this will be applied to Dragon Soul though.

I don't care if it goes through for FL's though I think it will be silly for Dragon Soul.

Yeah, that would be acceptable. My understanding is that this is going live very shortly in TW and KR, which would imply that they want to make it active before 4.3.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Mage
can US mages get mailed our shard of woe then?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I won't play if I have to raid twice as often as I currently do to keep up with the same level of progression
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I think it's a bad idea, at least for current expansion content. You can reset Kara and Naxx and MC and ToC every day for all I care, but I think it's a bad thing for anything in the present expansion (now or future expansions). And heck, I'd rather prefer heroics not have a lockout (it's already close to that).

You can say no one HAS to, but let's be realistic. Top end progression guilds are going to, and going to require it. And some casual guilds will try. Just like there are guilds that "only raid 2 nights a week" that end up raiding 6-7 despite that. Or guilds that "raid 7-10pm" that are still in there at midnight every night.

Burnout issues aside, it's not healthy.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
The whole reason for the shared lockout was (paraphrasing): "we don't want you to feel like you're forced to raid twice a week."

And now (paraphrasing): "We want you to raid twice a week."

Make up your minds.
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
Please never let this happen to a current tier.

Good lord, first the premature content nerfs months in advance of new content and now, potentially this. Firelands is really just a testing ground for a lot of really bad, crazy ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Some of you guys keep missing a very vital point with this: Progression runs always extend the raid lockout so they don't have to keep killing the same bosses after Tuesdays. This change is entirely for gearing purposes and will not affect raid progression.

Furthermore, you don't HAVE to raid more if you don't want to.

10/25/2011 08:37 PMPosted by Chiro
Please, please reconsider. This change will burn out so many players, and if we obtain all of our gear in a few weeks...what reason will we have to keep clearing the instances? It defeats the purpose.

If you get all the gear for all your raiders in a few weeks, I'd say this game is too easy for any of you. However, that's highly unlikely.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'm not looking forward to this. It just makes it feel like I'll need to raid twice a week now. Don't get me wrong, I love raiding, bit it will just burn people out faster.
Edited by Trogdoroth on 10/25/2011 8:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Orc Shaman
You can say no one HAS to, but let's be realistic. Top end progression guilds are going to, and going to require it. And some casual guilds will try. Just like there are guilds that "only raid 2 nights a week" that end up raiding 6-7 despite that. Or guilds that "raid 7-10pm" that are still in there at midnight every night.

Burnout issues aside, it's not healthy.

I'm in a cusual guild... we raid once a week... raid members have jobs, families, school... we can't always be on for the once a week as it is... espeicaly with holiday season coming up... we are trying to start a 2nd raid group at the teir 11 raids for alts and newer 85's.... if the lock outs change... guilds like ours will be farther behind... we already have people who get burned out grinding za/zg for gear/valor and raiding once a week let alone two...
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
10/25/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first.

I think you forgot to tell us why. Telling us all the rest without saying why you decided to start there is mean. :(
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
10/25/2011 08:48 PMPosted by Zareline
Some of you guys keep missing a very vital point with this: Progression runs always extend the raid lockout so they don't have to keep killing the same bosses after Tuesdays.

Uh, no they don't? We clear up to H-Rag in about an hour and a half, completely not worth extending the raid lock to lose out on all those potential upgrades.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Some of you guys keep missing a very vital point with this: Progression runs always extend the raid lockout so they don't have to keep killing the same bosses after Tuesdays. This change is entirely for gearing purposes and will not affect raid progression.

Furthermore, you don't HAVE to raid more if you don't want to.

Please, please reconsider. This change will burn out so many players, and if we obtain all of our gear in a few weeks...what reason will we have to keep clearing the instances? It defeats the purpose.

If you get all the gear for all your raiders in a few weeks, I'd say this game is too easy for any of you. However, that's highly unlikely.

Apparently that person raids for the gear and not the experience or fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]