4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

85 Dwarf Paladin
bull!@#$ rofl
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
If this does go out to other regions its best that it does not go for current raids...ppl will end up getting burned out much faster and not to mention ppl will probly feel the need to raid twice asmuch as they normaly do.

For older raids tho..I could see this as a good thing considering it would help prep for the current content.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
it will affect progress because you will be gearing twice as fast. Gear is proportional to skill. The more gear you have the less skill you need. The more skill you have the faster you eat content.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
If this does go out to other regions its best that it does not go for current raids...ppl will end up getting burned out much faster and not to mention ppl will probly feel the need to raid twice asmuch as they normaly do.

For older raids tho..I could see this as a good thing considering it would help prep for the current content.

My Shaman would love it. He's still using troll shoulders. Two chances in BoT and they never drop.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I like the idea for previous patch raids, it makes gearing alts easier and provides more things to do, more raiding for the raider, so to speak.

It's also a great way to offer more experience to those wanting to raid.

My only concern is legendary weapons and how they are handled, things like Dragonwrath going into Dragon Soul is no small deal when you could outfit your entire caster team with them in half the time.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
RUI
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Bad idea, very very bad idea. It totally goes against what's been said was the reasoning for the combined lockout system... Just my opinion of course. However, testing this in that market isn't going to give very good results per the gaming habbits of that playerbase. (We are talking about the same cut of cloth that Stars is from here....)

One word: Aion. Don't base how well a game change is going to be received based on another country's playerbase. The last thing this game needs is to hemorrhage more players.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Do not want.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Great idea for T11 and T12 raids.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh god, please no. IF this is going to be a permanent feature, and relate to CURRENT content at any point, this is going to cause the same problem of burnout as having 10m and 25m on separate locks, where players were "forced" to clear both modes to keep up in gearing speed/quality.

If this is just going to be applied retroactively to outdated raids, that's a different story, and not as much of an issue. That, I would be fine with, but I can't see this ending well if it's ever considered for the current raiding tier. This would probably cause my entire guild to just say "f it" and quit to something less demanding of our time, should it be applied to current content.
Edited by Jokaras on 10/25/2011 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's funny how some people are saying having the raid ID reset after 3.5 days would then require them to raid twice a week. As a pug raider, I see this as an OPPORTUNITY to clear the content twice a week.

I usually don't get to clear the place on the first go and sometimes get stuck in bad groups and then end up going directly for a boss kill or only getting part of the raid done in a week. It sucks. With more lockouts, it would ALLOW people that wanted to raid more often to do exactly that. I'd much rather do T11/T12 twice a week then do 5mans at this point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
So, so glad we aren't running multiple 25's to max out our Tarecgosa creation.

Feel sorry for the guilds that do. This would drive me nuts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Bull!!

Just separate the 10 & 25 lockouts and loot tables again and it would be much better. 10 mans were never harder they just wanted better epics.

And for the people that didn't catch it 4.2 is current content. It basically allows one region an advantage in the next tier by allowing more ledgendaries.
Edited by Blackgoddess on 10/25/2011 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
If this is done correctly it would NEVER be available for current tier raids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Suggestion:
Have a single fixed day for resets as now, and allow players to reset a given raid id once per week at their discretion. This would allow players much more flexibility in their raiding schedule, and they won't feel forced to blow two lockouts if their group's schedule bridges the reset days.

Another option would be to allow two simultaneous raid id's per raid that the user can switch between, but keep a single fixed reset day.

Either of these options would be better in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/25/2011 09:03 PMPosted by Shigar
If this is done correctly it would NEVER be available for current tier raids.

4.2 is current tier.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Oh god, please no. IF this is going to be a permanent feature, and relate to CURRENT content at any point, this is going to cause the same problem of burnout as having 10m and 25m on separate locks, where players were "forced" to clear both modes to keep up in gearing speed/quality.

If this is just going to be applied retroactively to outdated raids, that's a different story, and not as much of an issue. That, I would be fine with, but I can't see this ending well if it's ever considered for the current raiding tier. This would probably cause my entire guild to just say "f it" and quit to something less demanding of our time, should it be applied to current content.

Yeah the competitive raider doesn't want it, but the average raider most likely would accept it.
Reply Quote
72 Human Warlock

Im already burned out of the RNG issues that plauge wow. SWTOR with no RNG here I come
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin

You know that having more gear progression means that people will get gear faster. Which means you would have to make content faster. Which means that the content current in that time would have to be challenging to a degree that we've seen in WoTLK.

With all the respect I have for you and Blizzard, please no.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]