4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

85 Undead Mage
YEAH!! I WANT IT!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

I think it might be best if this is optional when implemented. Just saying.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
10/25/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Ayepa
think it might be best if this is optional when implemented. Just saying.

You can always just extend the lockout if you need more time. I don't see the problem here.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
10/25/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zarhym
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

With all due respect, outside of hardcore raid guilds - who arguably do this fast enough as is - who does this benefit?

Lets assume for the moment the raid reset is Friday Noon, my guild raids Tues, Wed, Sun. So, we get what, one extra partial clear out of the deal unless we're willing to commit to another day on the second half of the week? Other guilds on our server raid Friday, Sat, Sun. Are they supposed to come up with two more days in the early week to keep up with progression, or do you expect them to just accept that they're going to lose players as pressure/interest mounts from some to Raid both ends of the split?

The current speed is fine, some of us rather enjoy the off nights it provides, and it's hard enough to hold 25 man guilds together these days as is. We don't need this kind of "assistance" to add to the migration pressure, thanks.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Hunter
As a hardcore raider I'd be fine with this. Farm stuff only takes an hour and a half or so usually, so sacrificing that progression time for double advancement in upgrades is worthwhile.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

With all due respect, outside of hardcore raid guilds - who arguably do this fast enough as is - who does this benefit?

Lets assume for the moment the raid reset is Friday Noon, my guild raids Tues, Wed, Sun. So, we get what, one extra partial clear out of the deal unless we're willing to commit to another day on the second half of the week? Other guilds on our server raid Friday, Sat, Sun. Are they supposed to come up with two more days in the early week to keep up with progression, or do you expect them to just accept that they're going to lose players as pressure/interest mounts from some to Raid both ends of the split?

The current speed is fine, some of us rather enjoy the off nights it provides, and it's hard enough to hold 25 man guilds together these days as is. We don't need this kind of "assistance" to add to the migration pressure, thanks.

By the time this is out on us servers, 4.3 will probably be out, or at least very close and it only applies to t11/12. You have nothing to worry about.
Edited by Søurpatchkid on 10/25/2011 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In all honesty this is just silly. There is absolutely no reason I would want to raid more than the 3 nights i do already. Not that i don't love this game but come on I have other things going on in my life, as I am sure others do.

My guild was 6/7 heroic fls prenerf. Quick enough to be in the hunt. Now if this change somehow manages to stick we will be forced to raid 5-6 nights a week on new content to stay current and competitive? No thank you. Your game is fine but please don't shove it down our throats.

I am seriously concerned that you people have lost sight of what you are trying to do with this game and more importantly with your customer base.

Don't do this to us to try to keep us in your game 6 nights a week (i do log on everyday as is, but i just can't commit to a block of time each night and i have no clue at all who has time in their life to do so.)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Ok how does this make sense exactly? Wouldn't a more LOGICAL approach be to simply separate 10 and 25 man lockouts? They both drop the same loot, and that way people don't feel "rushed" but could clear it twice if they wanted to in a week? Probably less legwork to do it this way on your guys' part as well isn't it? Pretty sure combining the lockouts is what got you guys in this mess in the first place so why not just revert it?
Reply Quote
I don't want to have to raid twice as much.
I also don't want to fall behind twice as fast.

Is there a positive choice with this change? I don't see one.

What on earth are you people thinking?! This is one of the worst ideas I've seen. I'm unlikely to continue playing WoW if this goes through. I already came close to quitting because of the retarded changes that keep happening in the middle of a tier. The change to the staff in particular.

How much more can you jerk raiders around, blizz?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I like this, sums it up pretty well.

Again, please remember some of us have things to do other than commit to a block of time 5-6 nights a week.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Would it not have been easier to just have left the ability to run both 10 and 25 man vrs of a raid??

Just use my favorite excuse if anyone else points this out, "Seemed like a good idea at the time" that works well for almost anything.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
this is fine as long as we dont have to pay for 2 a week vs 1 a week lock outs
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
If you don't want to raid twice a week just extend lock... I really loved this idea. I'm waiting for NA realms patched with this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/25/2011 10:28 PMPosted by Mucambo
If you don't want to raid twice a week just extend lock... I really loved this idea. I'm waiting for NA realms patched with this.

Some of us want to stay current with other guilds who are progressing through the content. If this is ever the practice with progression raiding it will "force" everyone to raid twice as much a week to keep up, extending the lockout if we "don't want to raid twice a week" isn't an option to be competitive.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

I like this, sums it up pretty well.

Again, please remember some of us have things to do other than commit to a block of time 5-6 nights a week.
So don't raid that much, they arent forcing you to sit there and commit that much time.

And again, if this does get fully implemented (It's just a test right now), the best way would be so it's not done to the current tier raids.
Reply Quote
2 Human Priest
This will only benefit guilds that can raid a lot.
Ones that raid less will fall behind, if you really want to fix players progression try doubling the loot and for 10s fix it to were if say there isn't a pally in the group no plate healing gear drops and make tier gear like toc a token all people can use.
It's a bad move imop to try and get people to run 2x a week you will loose people to burnout.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/25/2011 08:11 PMPosted by Binned
Please extend this to North America. Would make things alot more interesting instead of idling in a capital city.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]