4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
YES YES YES guild run 2 nights a week then pug/gdkp fun the other lmao
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
Ok so first we're told most raiders eat content too fast which is why you guys decided to do sunwell (or even ruby sanctum) to satisfy the hunger pre-new xpac. We're also told that the root of most burn out was the split of 10 and 25 ( and being competitive, thus running those both each week to get ahead in content - or back in BC because there were no new raids so we all raided everything we could) it was decided to combine the lockouts. Then there's also the nerfs to legendary stuff so things drop less because they were showing up too often and they needed to be more 'special'. I'm getting mixed signals here.

Korea and Taiwan are different playerbases than NA and EU, sure. They may have different needs, granted. This might be a good fit for their playerbase.

However, I'm concerned by the prospect of this change being rolled out to different regions. Is it good for ALL playerbases? There's a great many posts here that highlight some of the cons and pros:

• Competitive guilds will feel forced to raid each lockout along with your normal raider base
  • This will lead to attrition in guilds because of burnout
  • May also lead to attrition because half of the raid team can't make both lockouts
  • Content will be chewed through by the raiding community
  • New raiding content will need to come faster to satisfy raiders who remain
  • Puts a lot of stress on your raid design team if they have to work faster
  • It'll be extremely difficult to come up with the vast number of raids needed in order to satisfy a playerbase who eats through content in a matter of weeks instead of months

• Pros:
  • I can gear my alts faster
  • Faster Legendary completion!
  • More chances at raid achievements!
  • Can skip Tuesday's Guild raid because there will be one later in the week
  • Can pug Tuesday's raid instead of going with guild because there's a reset in a few days
  • Faster Valor!
  • There will be multiple 'good' pugs to choose from later in the week because you're not stuck with monday night's leftovers

• Please weigh all the pros and cons before you guys make this decision. Consider the differences between the playing habits of the target cultures also.
    Edited by Lucrezia on 10/25/2011 10:48 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Undead Mage
    10/25/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Spothead
    If you don't want to raid twice a week just extend lock... I really loved this idea. I'm waiting for NA realms patched with this.

Some of us want to stay current with other guilds who are progressing through the content. If this is ever the practice with progression raiding it will "force" everyone to raid twice as much a week to keep up, extending the lockout if we "don't want to raid twice a week" isn't an option to be competitive.

Man this only applies for old content ...

There is competition in previous raids tier .... Don't be naive thinking that you can make DS twice a week.
    Reply Quote
    5 Orc Shaman
    10/25/2011 09:57 PMPosted by Shäress
    Please, please reconsider. This change will burn out so many players, and if we obtain all of our gear in a few weeks...what reason will we have to keep clearing the instances? It defeats the purpose.

it means i can stop my subscription and save some money and not have to keep clearing the same stupid raid until the RNG gods smile on me

the faster i get loot the better
    Yeah. Sure. RNG keeps people running content. People gear up, they stop running raids. Just the facts. While people will say otherwise to try to coerce a change in rng, that's why people keep killing bosses they've already killed a dozen times. Not because they're having an amazing time.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Good times clearing ToC10, ToGC10, ToC25 and ToGC25 in the same week just so I wouldn't miss possible upgrades on top of going for the chest.

Welcome back, ToC.

Sure, you don't need to clear raids on every lockout period, but who would skip it? Specially being a 10-man guild trying to get a legendary before 5.0.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    10/25/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Mucambo

Some of us want to stay current with other guilds who are progressing through the content. If this is ever the practice with progression raiding it will "force" everyone to raid twice as much a week to keep up, extending the lockout if we "don't want to raid twice a week" isn't an option to be competitive.

Man this only applies for old content ...

There is competition in previous raids tier .... Don't be naive thinking that you can make DS twice a week.

I clearly stated "if this is ever the practice for progression raiding". I have zero concern over whatever blizz does with old pointless raids. They could make them reset every day like heroics and i wouldn't mind at all. I am only concerned with where they go next.
    Reply Quote
    80 Blood Elf Paladin
    Totally against this.. I see it leading to a lot of issues of burnout. It already feels grindy doing both Normal and Heroic. I see no reason to offer up more chances to get gear and loot for the current tier. Look at how much has already been added from a few expansions ago. It's nuts! I miss the days of truly earning it.

I would definately support twice a week resets for raids that are NOT the current tier tho. This would allow people to gear up to join us in the current tier.

Yeah, this is an awful change. Anyone that wants to get into Heroic Mode versions of current tier raiding is going to get massively burnt out.

Anyone clearing these raids in 1 night is probably just doing normal modes.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Shaman
    I am against this idea just because I remember ToC. Under no circumstances would I ever support this idea in current content. In older content, while I am still against it due to just making things confusing, it's not the end of the world but still a bad idea.
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Warrior
    Don't you dare implement this on NA servers. I don't want to have to choose between doubling my raid hours and being competative. Raids have reset weekly for 7 years now. You're making a bunch of terrible changes to the game, and this stands to be the worst of the bunch.
    Reply Quote
    5 Orc Shaman
    As a plea to blizz, you don't need constant changes to the way things are to succeed. If we keep going down this road, the game won't even be anything like what it used to be.
    Reply Quote
    1 Draenei Shaman
    Hang on - will Dragonwrath still be BIS powerful in Heroic T13?

If so...doesn't doubling the aquisition in certain regions give them a big advantage?
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Priest
    ...So if this change gets extended to the US, I'll have to raid twice as much as I currently do to remain competitive? My semi-hardcore guild that likes to keep up with progression at a somewhat decent rate would either have to switch to raiding 6 nights a week, or switch to not caring about progression pacing at all?

I didn't particularly enjoy running three, four raid groups per week back in Wrath, and that was when I wasn't working. Shouldn't the Raid Finder and new content (pet battles, etc.) fill up enough time without this lockout change? And what about the novel concept of...alts? (I was actually just in the process of getting a replacement for my spot in our alt raid because I /didn't/ want to deal with more than one progression raid group each week -- but if this change goes through, I won't have to bother, because none of the raiders who have a 'main' raid group will have time for the alt raid, and the ones who can't raid more than one day a week will just have to make do with the Raid Finder, I guess.)

This would be such an awful, awful change. I'm very fond of WoW, and of raiding in WoW, but I don't think I'm fond enough to sacrifice the rest of my life to it.
    Reply Quote
    5 Orc Shaman
    Hang on - will Dragonwrath still be BIS powerful in Heroic T13?

If so...doesn't doubling the aquisition in certain regions give them a big advantage?
    It probably will be. But some of the deathwing weapons stats with procs are significant. Some of the procs buff the raid even. Big advantage? No. Slight? Maybe.
    Reply Quote
    1 Draenei Shaman
    ...So if this change gets extended to the US, I'll have to raid twice as much as I currently do to remain competitive? My semi-hardcore guild that likes to keep up with progression at a somewhat decent rate would either have to switch to raiding 6 nights a week, or switch to not caring about progression pacing at all?

I didn't particularly enjoy running three, four raid groups per week back in Wrath, and that was when I wasn't working. Shouldn't the Raid Finder and new content (pet battles, etc.) fill up enough time without this lockout change? And what about the novel concept of...alts? (I was actually just in the process of getting a replacement for my spot in our alt raid because I /didn't/ want to deal with more than one progression raid group each week -- but if this change goes through, I won't have to bother, because none of the raiders who have a 'main' raid group will have time for the alt raid, and the ones who can't raid more than one day a week will just have to make do with the Raid Finder, I guess.)

This would be such an awful, awful change. I'm very fond of WoW, and of raiding in WoW, but I don't think I'm fond enough to sacrifice the rest of my life to it.

Agreed.

Also - did your get your name from a Terry Pratchett novel? If you, you win sir.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Priest
    Not to be a complete downer, but first people complained of boredom then when Blizzard tries to fix it they complain that it makes it too easy...

I don't understand!!! Also, I greatly approve this solution.
    Reply Quote
    5 Orc Shaman
    Not to be a complete downer, but first people complained of boredom then when Blizzard tries to fix it they complain that it makes it too easy...

I don't understand!!! Also, I greatly approve this solution.
    People aren't complaining about not being able to raid enough. They're complaining that there is nothing to do outside of raiding. And if you really want to raid, there's all kinds of raids you can do to relieve boredom.
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Priest

Also - did your get your name from a Terry Pratchett novel? If you, you win sir.

Yes! It's always awesome to come across someone who gets the reference. :))

And re: boredom -- not that I'm one of those who's bored with WoW, but I don't think clearing the same content twice a week instead of once a week is really the way to go about alleviating that. Could just be me!
    Reply Quote
    5 Orc Shaman
    They should really just mail BiS gear to everyone and get it over with.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]