4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

90 Troll Mage
I would just prefer that Blizzard went back to the old method of seperate raid ID for 10 and 25 man.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

when we gonna have this change in US servers?
Reply Quote
81 Human Rogue
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.
This is a horrible idea, content is accelerated enough where the game lacks any sense of progression.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

10/25/2011 09:15 PMPosted by Zareline

Uh, no they don't? We clear up to H-Rag in about an hour and a half, completely not worth extending the raid lock to lose out on all those potential upgrades.

I'm sorry, but if you're clearing up to Ragnaros on heroic in an hour and a half each week, the few upgrades you get won't help.

If you haven't killed Ragnaros on heroic, then why waste time clearing stuff you already can clear and use that time to figure out what you need to do to down him?

To craft more legendaries. Spending 90 mins a week getting the legendary quest items is worth doing.

The drop rates were altered because too many were being crafted. If they implement a twice a week Firelands reset, they'll have to reduce the drop rates even more to keep the crafting rate at their preferred lower rate. So anyone not running Firelands twice a week gets even more behind the curve.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
To craft more legendaries. Spending 90 mins a week getting the legendary quest items is worth doing.

The drop rates were altered because too many were being crafted.

First they nerf the quest drop rate. Then they allow two raid lockouts a week.

Does not compute...

These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops.

I actually like the idea someone else posted up the page. If you want to give players "more chances at epic loot drops", just drop more loot. Surely you could do that instead of throwing a spanner in the works. I like raiding one and a half days a week during farm status... it makes the progression push bearable.
Edited by Charsi on 10/26/2011 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I hope we see this in North America Soon!! As a gm with several raiders and not enough raid slots, this would sure make things easier!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Makes me sad that people care so much about a game they'll "force" themselves/their players to play more if this is implemented.

Personally, as I have the willpower to moderate myself, I /love/ this idea. There are many weeks where I'm looking to pug a FL raid and I just can't seem to get in one that's fresh. I see many advantages to doing this - I loved Ony/ZG/AQ20. Bring it on!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Please bring this to the US servers. I get bored of having nothing to do after completing my raids for the week.
Reply Quote
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.
This doesn't really make up for the fact that there are fewer bosses in cata and the current standing is really only 1 raid. If we had more current raids, we wouldn't need another reset.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

/cry why not just unlock the 10 and 25 man modes (and put in better 25 man gear, and have 8/10 of the VP pieces be 10 man level)?

EDIT
10/26/2011 06:28 AMPosted by Pollicipes
This doesn't really make up for the fact that there are fewer bosses in cata and the current standing is really only 1 raid. If we had more current raids, we wouldn't need another reset.

The number of bosses is an issue. But this fix is not terribly well thought out. If you are clearing the content at whatever level you are running in one or two nights then great, you can do it twice. But if you are still doing it as progression content then you will probably be raiding over the full week and extending the lockout, meaning that an extra raid is not gained.

A large problem with caty is that we have lost off night raids where the core of players who are on most nights can run with new players, social members or alts. Those raids still can't happen.
Edited by Zamm on 10/26/2011 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
That's right, keep kicking the NA community while we're down.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
10/26/2011 04:38 AMPosted by Delichious
I would just prefer that Blizzard went back to the old method of seperate raid ID for 10 and 25 man.
Amen to dat brudda.

This was a 10 man, we did it for fun.
Combining raid lockouts was inexorably dumb.
Reply Quote
My opinion is that this shouldn't happen. There are a lot of options that solve the problems this change is intended to fix and are less disruptive - drop more loot, go back to different 10 and 25 lockouts, or some other creative solution that doesn't require that you find two days on opposite ends of the week to get everyone online in order to use both lockouts.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Druid
Blizz, please get it together. This is a bit ridiculous. This just seems desperate. If you're going to do this, don't do it the lazy way. Go back to how things were in wrath. 10/25 separate lockouts and loot systems. This is really lame.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
10/26/2011 06:35 AMPosted by Functional
That's right, keep kicking the NA community while we're down.

Lol, good luck explaining that, the NA community has it extremely good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]