Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

85 Gnome Priest

Noticed that too, huh? No actual admission of being offensive, just their sincere apologies that people got offended at what they said.

That's cute.

I'm not totally content but this is as good as it is going to get, so let's just accept it and move on I think.

As long as it doesn't happen again and Blizzcon becomes equally Alliance and Hordecon.

It never works that way, the negative publicity keeps on churning.

He basically told everyone he's sorry that they thought it was offensive.
Edited by Deyadissa on 10/26/2011 12:27 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That strikes me as a seriously half-assed apology. Thanks for humoring us several days late by any decent standards. I won't quit, I won't say anymore, but this: You want to talk !@#$ about half the playerbase...and then apologize...don't expect us all to be cool with it.
85 Draenei Death Knight
APOLOGIZE HARDER!
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

You're up late. I know the PTR build was taking a bit longer than normal to come up but I'd imagine you're at least at home.
100 Draenei Warrior

Noticed that too, huh? No actual admission of being offensive, just their sincere apologies that people got offended at what they said.

That's cute.

I'm not totally content but this is as good as it is going to get, so let's just accept it and move on I think.

As long as it doesn't happen again and Blizzcon becomes equally Alliance and Hordecon.

Don't worry, a year's a long time. I'm sure the lessons of this Blizzcon will be forgotten and we'll be right back to square one.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, for forum trolls.
85 Blood Elf Priest
This apology is awesome. I was really worried that blizzard would issue this huge statement that would kind of vindicate all the whiners. Instead we got this amazing apology where the band said they were sorry but didn't really admit guilt. Blizzard continues to be one of my favorite companies.
90 Troll Shaman
Weak apology at best. :/ I just hope something like this doesn't happen again. No more hate speech and over the top faction hate please?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/26/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Diyaena
That strikes me as a seriously half-assed apology. Thanks for humoring us several days late by any decent standards. I won't quit, I won't say anymore, but this: You want to talk !@#$ about half the playerbase...and then apologize...don't expect us all to be cool with it.

I agree with you, but educating stupid people is a painful and slow process. Best to take small victories as they come, give some positive feedback as encouragement, and continue to nudge them in the right direction.
85 Draenei Shaman
Hmmmm... it didn't take too many pages for people to start complaining about the quality of the apology.

At least you guys got something.....
Edited by Ivikatasha on 10/26/2011 12:31 AM PDT
100 Draenei Priest
This is a big step in the right direction. I hope at future cons they will take a closer look at what they will be performing and what will be said, words can hurt. and if i had kids and had taken them to this only for them to be subjected to that kind of garbage I would have had alot to say on the matter.

Thank you Bash & the band for apologizing to those effected in the wow community.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
He was just mad he got owned by the alliance when he was farming, maybe it went a little too far, but I'm pretty sure I've actually seen worse in game <_<;

Anyways, good to know those offended by it have been recognised and have an apology to show for it.
85 Gnome Priest
Hmmmm... it didn't take too many pages for people to start complaining about the quality of the apology.

At least you guys got something.....

Apologies are often today forced, because if you don't... you get serious negativity publicity.

Thank you for apologizing, we appreciate it!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If it helps you feel like bigger men/women to call us weak, wusses, or any other charming names, I pity you. Common decency and the desire to be treated as at least a fellow human being is so much to ask for. What was said by that person was rude by any stretch. Support them all you want, we already know you have no decency.
100 Draenei Paladin
As an Alliance player, I think it's been blown completely out of proportion.

The band was Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain, then L80ETC, and now L90ETC. Tauren - a Horde race. The in game representations of the band members are an Orc lead singer, Blood Elf on the electric guitar, Foresaken on the bass guitar and a Tauren on the drums. Horde races.

I for one don't think there is anything to apologize for. Thank you for playing at the final concert to warm us up for the Foo Fighters. Keep rocking!
10/26/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Xengowii
Weak apology at best. :/ I just hope something like this doesn't happen again. No more hate speech and over the top faction hate please?
Personally, I couldn't care less about the faction-baiting.

The slurs in the video were another matter. Not cool, bleeped or no.
Edited by Khasiim on 10/26/2011 12:42 AM PDT
64 Blood Elf Hunter
I bet Corpsegrinder still hates Alliance. I demand comunity service, many hours of it. How about he has to come to SW and help with the construction.

Seriously folks, you demanded a blue post and an appology, you got both.

XD

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I bet Corpsegrinder still hates Alliance. I demand comunity service, many hours of it. How about he has to come to SW and help with the construction.

Seriously folks, you demanded a blue post and an appology, you got both.

XD

LOL.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]