Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

100 Draenei Hunter
lovely non-apology, bro.

this is straight up "sorry you got offended", you didn't even try to pretend to actually be sorry or admit that you did something wrong.

tbh, the "horde is awesome, alliance sucks" thing isn't what people were bothered by and any idiot could see that.

way to miss the point though. and look at all the people who didn't notice how contrived this "apology" was.
85 Gnome Priest
I bet Corpsegrinder still hates Alliance. I demand comunity service, many hours of it. How about he has to come to SW and help with the construction.

Seriously folks, you demanded a blue post and an appology, you got both.

XD

He didn't apologize about his speech, he simply stated that he was sorry they found it offensive.

BAsically

"Hey man I'm sorry you took it that way, it's just a joke"

Same philosophy before the apology.
85 Dwarf Paladin
No apology was necessary, the rational people know full well that it was meant as lighthearted banter.

I'm sorry you had to be bothered to even write that up.

90 Troll Shaman
Personally, I couldn't care less about the faction-baiting.

The slurs in the video were another matter. Not cool, bleeped or no.

Yeah that's what I meant by hate speech. Bad bad stuff. :/ As far as the faction hatred, I just find that unprofessional.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No apology was necessary, the rational people know full well that it was meant as lighthearted banter.

Really? Those of us who just play a game and don't feel the need to bash some random person for their faction, but still find such slurs offensive are irrational?
100 Draenei Warrior
I bet Corpsegrinder still hates Alliance. I demand comunity service, many hours of it. How about he has to come to SW and help with the construction.

A Corpsegrinder NPC on a Defias Stockades Chain-gang working on repairs in the city would be pretty hilarious. Overseen by guards. Add some flavor dialog.

...Make this happen.

Corpse Grinder: Hey, I said I was sorry!
Stormwind Guard: Back to work, you *Butts with the hilt of his sword.*
Edited by Kaioon on 10/26/2011 12:45 AM PDT
100 Undead Rogue
Are people upset by the language? I could swear I've heard bad language used before at Blizzcon. And not by host, but by the developers themselves.
Is Blizzcon child friendly? I always assumed it was an event for young adults and older.
85 Dwarf Paladin

Really? Those of us who just play a game and don't feel the need to bash some random person for their faction, but still find such slurs offensive are irrational?

Oh come off it already!
It was simple rib-jabbing, nothing more.

64 Blood Elf Hunter
He didn't apologize about his speech, he simply stated that he was sorry they found it offensive.BAsically"Hey man I'm sorry you took it that way, it's just a joke"Same philosophy before the apology.

I can see that by tomorrow evening there will be another 6 threads of how offended you all are at the appology.

I hope they never respond to "we need a response and an appology" again. You all are too predictable.

1 Draenei Shaman
10/26/2011 12:40 AMPosted by Kaioon

A Corpsegrinder NPC on a Defias Stockades Chain-gang working on repairs in the city would be pretty hilarious. Overseen by guards. Add some flavor dialog.

...Make this happen.

THIS!
90 Human Paladin
Wow, an actual apology. Never thought I'd see the day.

It's cool. Just make sure that when you're going to run a four year old clip, run it by the public relations office. I'm sure they would have told you that this would happen. It'll save everyone a lot of grief.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

Looks like a semblance of an apology by Bashiok speaking in behalf of Level 90(?) Elite Tauren Chieftain, and not an actual apology by the band themselves.

Given the complaint wasn't with them but rather Corpsegrinder, the issue is still unresolved for the majority of the customer fan base.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]