Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/26/2011 12:43 AMPosted by Blueberry
You all are too predictable.

As are you. An apology was asked for, one was not received.
90 Dwarf Priest
So bigoted language is "simple rib-jabbing" as long as it's presented under the cover of faction-baiting now?

Michael Richards for Blizzcon 2012?
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for the apology.

Although the wording is kind of suspect.

"Sorry for offending" sounds quite similar to "We're sorry for getting caught". But hey, a step in the right direction!
100 Night Elf Druid
Shouldn't you be in bed? :O

Anyway, it's good to see and I'm sure the Alliance will appreciate the apology.

It was never about the Horde vs. Alliance thing. Faction baiting is fine.

The issue is championing a persona and video clip filled with hate speech and calls for violence. If he was dropping racial or ethnic slurs, I doubt Blizz would have shown it.

There is no room for hate speech of any type. Saying things like, "It was bleeped out," is just another way of saying, "Censoring it made it okay to say," and brushing off concerns with phrases such as, "It's just a joke, can't you take a joke?" or "This thread is silly" is the same thing as saying, "As long as it's not directed at me, it's cool."

We should be beyond this as a society.
86 Worgen Druid
Thank you.
100 Draenei Paladin
10/26/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Zosima

Aren't you the optimist.
64 Blood Elf Hunter
I can see that by tomorrow evening there will be another 6 threads of how offended you all are at the appology.

I hope they never respond to "we need a response and an appology" again. You all are too predictable.

not to downplay the "apology" but surely they shouldntve waited 6 threads to address the issue if they even made such an apology themselves and its not just a written statement they put up just to ease the tension all in all id be happy just knowing in future Blizzcons the attitudes are a little more scaled back and its a friendly atomosphere for all players horde and alliance alike

Maybe next year make a little campfire, everyone bring smores, sing a little Kumbaya...

I'm sure they can make this happen, if nothing else demand it!

DOWN WITH PVP!! DOWN WITH FACTIONS!! DOWN WITH WAR!!!

Oh, sorry, I got carried away.....
It was never about the Horde vs. Alliance thing. Faction baiting is fine.

The issue is championing a persona and video clip filled with hate speech and calls for violence. If he was dropping racial or ethnic slurs, I doubt Blizz would have shown it.

There is no room for hate speech of any type. Saying things like, "It was bleeped out," is just another way of saying, "Censoring it made it okay to say," and brushing off concerns with phrases such as, "It's just a joke, can't you take a joke?" or "This thread is silly" is the same thing as saying, "As long as it's not directed at me, it's cool."

I agree wholeheartedly. Thank you.

Faction-baiting is all fine and good. I'm sure most of us do it. This wasn't about faction-baiting.
Edited by Khasiim on 10/26/2011 12:54 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue
The point of apologizing is acknowledging you made a mistake, and that you will strive to avoid it in the future.

We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

That was an important part of Bashiok's post. I am fully, fully aware that not everyone will take that as enough (insatiable people), but ETC's apology is properly presented and formulated in its pragmatical form. They'll avoid it in the future. Nothin' more to it.

...but the Corpsegrinder NPC working in Stormwind is a hilarious idea.
85 Draenei Shaman
I want a pro Alliance song, and someone to go on a huge swearathon to make up for corpse grinder. Being that its Alliance, why don't you see if Justin Bieber is available?
85 Orc Shaman
Thank you for the apology.

Although the wording is kind of suspect.

"Sorry for offending" sounds quite similar to "We're sorry for getting caught". But hey, a step in the right direction!

I agree with you. This is a halfway apology, without really taking the blame, more of a "Sorry you felt offended, but hey, it's still a joke!" Regardless of intent, and officially sanctioned Blizzard event shouldn't have slurs of any kind involved towards any one group. It was supposed to be family-friendly, especially with a Livestream going on.

I doubt we're going to get anything besides this though.:/
90 Human Priest
This is not about in-game faction. Alliance or Horde, we are all human players in the end.

This is about hate speech associated with hatred directed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS.

Way to miss the point, Blizzard.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]