Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Hunter
Apology gladly accepted, and thank you for seeing WoW needs both sides.
85 Orc Shaman
It was never about the Horde vs. Alliance thing. Faction baiting is fine.

The issue is championing a persona and video clip filled with hate speech and calls for violence. If he was dropping racial or ethnic slurs, I doubt Blizz would have shown it.

There is no room for hate speech of any type. Saying things like, "It was bleeped out," is just another way of saying, "Censoring it made it okay to say," and brushing off concerns with phrases such as, "It's just a joke, can't you take a joke?" or "This thread is silly" is the same thing as saying, "As long as it's not directed at me, it's cool."

We should be beyond this as a society.
I agree wholeheartedly. Thank you.

Faction-baiting is all fine and good. I'm sure most of us do it. This wasn't about faction-baiting.

IAWTC. DotA FTW!
85 Goblin Warrior
This is not about in-game faction. Alliance or Horde, we are all human players in the end.

This is about hate speech associated with hatred directed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS.

Way to miss the point, Blizzard.

lol why are people posting stuff like this??

Who was the hate directed at?

I should clarify I use the word hate very very loosely as I do not believe there was any real hate, it was just fun and games and in no way was meant to offend. Those easily offended should perhaps not attend such bands in the future. They didn't look like the type of band I'd take my grandmother or 7 year old to go see.
Edited by Krivy on 10/26/2011 12:57 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Looks like a semblance of an apology by Bashiok speaking in behalf of Level 90(?) Elite Tauren Chieftain, and not an actual apology by the band themselves.

Given the complaint wasn't with them but rather Corpsegrinder, the issue is still unresolved for the majority of the customer fan base.

But the thing is, Blizzard doesn't have any control over George Fisher. All they can legitimately say is that they didn't think that was how it would be taken, it was a mistake, and they won't do it again. I'd find it insulting if they tried to deflect the blame by apologizing on behalf of George Fisher.
1 Human Warrior
So when is this Horde "fan girl love" going to stop? Because being Horde and yelling "For the Horde" is what all the cool people are doing, right? Wait, no. Sorry, just cause your Horde doesn't make you any better. They need to really control the bashing at these events because the people who yell "For the Horde" probably Faction Changed because they thought they would be cool to jump on the bandwagon.
100 Night Elf Warrior
It was clear he was just a foul mouthed party animal death metal head talking the usual smack, it's too bad people spin doctored this whole thing into the absolute worst context imaginable. "Oh my dearie me, he's threatening our lives, think of the children! He's telling them to kill themselves, oh nooooo"

These delicate tulips have just validated every stereo type there is about the Alliance being lame.
90 Human Priest
This is not about in-game faction. Alliance or Horde, we are all human players in the end.

This is about hate speech associated with hatred directed towards ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS.

lol why are people posting stuff like this??

Who was the hate directed at?

Uh, you know, the hate speech words? Directed towards gays?
85 Draenei Paladin
Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

We will hold you to this. I thought Blizzcon would have cooled down Alliance/Horde out of game tensions; but ontop of Theramore, your actions at Blizzcon only exacerbated the situation.

I do not wish any factional anxiety ontop -any- of the player base. It causes real life stress where there shouldn't be, and leads to a vicious cycle of flaming.

Please Blizzard, do not tip the scales back and forth predictably. But often enough so it feels like a second wind could be around the bend.
10/26/2011 12:55 AMPosted by Kashuraka
IAWTC. DotA FTW!
And I've got alts in DotH, too. :P

10/26/2011 12:57 AMPosted by Cars
So when is this Horde "fan girl love" going to stop? Because being Horde and yelling "For the Horde" is what all the cool people are doing, right? Wait, no. Sorry, just cause your Horde doesn't make you any better. They need to really control the bashing at these events because the people who yell "For the Horde" probably Faction Changed because they thought they would be cool to jump on the bandwagon.
I'm beginning to think Horde players need a lot of reassurance. Although perhaps I should have posted that on my goblin, or my orc, or one of my trolls?
90 Human Priest
10/26/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Droolcup

yes it is.

Your mileage may vary.
100 Night Elf Warrior

Irony. Who is missing the point? The man's only crime is using really foul language. It was clear he wasn't being literal.
86 Worgen Druid
10/26/2011 12:55 AMPosted by Quirnheim
But this isn't about faction. That's a -whooole- nother issue.

This. I'm really surprised some people still think it's about Alliance vs Horde.
85 Orc Warlock
This appology is a lot more than I expected from a Blizzard employee. Good work.
30 Worgen Warlock
pretty sad they have to apologize, people really need to grow up, it's worse than a 6 year old crying cause another kid called them name...
90 Human Priest

Irony. Who is missing the point? The man's only crime is using really foul language. It was clear he wasn't being literal.

Foul language is not the same as hate speech. Really, it isn't.
90 Troll Shaman
10/26/2011 01:00 AMPosted by Elrith

Homophobic slurs aren't okay no matter how literal he was or was not trying to be. That's not foul language, that's hate speech.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]