Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

85 Worgen Warlock
they said sorry..

shut up............................................... GAH

If they shut up you'll have nothing else to do. You've been following this thread religiously. For someone who thinks people lighten up you should take your own advice. Start slow take 5 minutes and go get yourself a doughnut and some warm milk.
85 Orc Shaman
It was clear he was just a foul mouthed party animal death metal head talking the usual smack, it's too bad people spin doctored this whole thing into the absolute worst context imaginable. "Oh my dearie me, he's threatening our lives, think of the children! He's telling them to kill themselves, oh nooooo"

These delicate tulips have just validated every stereo type there is about the Alliance being lame.

He may not "mean" it but his followers are most likely vapid enough to go ahead and perpetuate the hate of homosexuals, and also to other groups. If these had been racial slurs, this wouldn't have flown. He makes an environment in which he tries to portray hate speech as being okay. And if ANYONE does that, joking or not, it perpetuates a world that will never change.

Especially in light of many young gay teens committing suicide recently, I don't see how this is funny in the least. Even from the factional and real life angles, this man is downright embarrassing. He is a petulant manchild, has TERRIBLE "vocals"(I quite like metal myself), and to top it off he looked like an !@# to boot. Maybe next year, Blizzard can get a real metal act that actually cares about people, instead of this wannabe edgy poser. Methinks he needs to look at his life long and hard if he feels the need to spout so much hate about a game, homosexuals, and the like.

And Blizzard KNEW what was in that video before they showed it. It was from freaking 2007. They even bleeped out the words(though it was clear what he was saying). The bleeps should have indicated that this was NOT an okay clip to show. At all. It was a terrible decision on Blizzard's part.
Edited by Kashuraka on 10/26/2011 1:06 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
10/26/2011 01:01 AMPosted by Droolcup
Uh, you know, the hate speech words? Directed towards gays?

shut up, get a sense of humor. it was a joke, directed at the alliance (not people) from a guy passionate about the horde

nerds still blowing this way out of proportion

I don't care about people bashing Alliance. That's their thing. However, hate speech is not a joke and you can't make it funny.
85 Orc Death Knight
Disgrace to the Horde seeing all these Horde characters stand up for Alliance. Let the executions begin.
85 Goblin Warrior
I think I missed the homosexual part, what min/sec is it on the youtube video so i can go look again?
90 Goblin Hunter
Seriously? People took offense at a song from a Horde based Band?!?!?! Ok, well I'll only forgive you for asking the alliance for forgiveness this once but only because they can't handle the coolness of the Horde!!!
85 Draenei Warrior
Its horrendously pathetic that people actually took offence to it in the first place. The band should have never make an apology for something so damn silly. I guess its the PR trying to make every crybaby happy.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I dont think anyone would have taken it serious until the dude made it sound serious. He was scarey and seemingly unstable.
90 Human Paladin

But the thing is, Blizzard doesn't have any control over George Fisher. All they can legitimately say is that they didn't think that was how it would be taken, it was a mistake, and they won't do it again. I'd find it insulting if they tried to deflect the blame by apologizing on behalf of George Fisher.

They can tell him to stay away from Blizzcon.

You really think they'll invite him back after this kind of backlash? Blizzard might not be the brightest bunch of guys, but even they recognize just how toxic that event was. They wouldn't even acknowledge our complaints otherwise.
85 Troll Shaman
10/26/2011 01:02 AMPosted by Xengowii
Irony. Who is missing the point? The man's only crime is using really foul language. It was clear he wasn't being literal.

Homophobic slurs aren't okay no matter how literal he was or was not trying to be. That's not foul language, that's hate speech.
90 Troll Shaman
10/26/2011 01:06 AMPosted by Krivy
I think I missed the homosexual part, what min/sec is it on the youtube video so i can go look again?

Look at the uncensored version.
85 Orc Shaman
10/26/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Demise
Disgrace to the Horde seeing all these Horde characters stand up for Alliance. Let the executions begin.

...Are you dumb, or just deaf?

This has nothing to do with the Alliance or Horde. This has everything to do with real-life issues, in which this man lives off of hate speech against real life marginalized groups. He has hit the cores of WoW players in general. He has angered an entire group of players, regardless of faction.

85 Night Elf Druid
Sticks and stones can break my bones, yet words do nothing to me... I thought we would all understand this statement by now.
85 Orc Shaman

If they shut up you'll have nothing else to do. You've been following this thread religiously. For someone who thinks people lighten up you should take your own advice. Start slow take 5 minutes and go get yourself a doughnut and some warm milk.

which in turn means you've been as well

ha cy@

Never have I seen a name accurate enough for a poster.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]