Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

10 Human Warlock

Orrrrr here's a better idea. People aren't going to stop no matter what you do... So, you need to learn to deal with it, and learn the difference between the 2. When someone calls someone a F*gg*t. Great. Just an insult, but if they literally mean that they're a F*gg*t and they add on to it saying they suck C***, or they're extremely Homosexual, then yes it is wrong. Just learn the difference. I mean even real Ga*s Know the difference between the two, and they use the words F*gg*t and Ga*s just the way that "dudebros" do.

Real gays know the difference? Are you a mongaloid full time? Just because you can justify your stupidity does not mean anyone has to accept that. Is that like REAL blacks know when a white guy call them a bigoted name it's a joke because they don't have bed sheets on?

That is an offensive term to many people.

@Wixie: I'm glad you editted it.. but you just proved that gay people use offensive terms when emotional.
Edited by Mortuary on 10/27/2011 4:09 PM PDT
6 Draenei Paladin
10/27/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Endings
Their intent doesn't matter.

BS

10/27/2011 03:16 PMPosted by Endings
Also, for that matter, from the apology posted, I can't tell if they're apologizing to the GLBT community or to the Alliance community - and only one of these is important.

More BS. Those offended are from many different groups and are more or less equally important.
18 Gnome Warlock
10/27/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Ayrthrina
Blizzard made their apology

No that was from the band not Blizzard.

No answer from the Corporation on their stand on such behavior.

BLIZZARD did nothing wrong. There was no pre approved script where they were like, OH WOW don't say that. That was dropped on us all PER THE CHOICE OF THE BAND, not the company. THEY are victims of it just like everyone else because all you kids here are looking at them and screaming for blood for something someone they brought in did.
IT's CC tho, that band is not known for being polite. Idk why this is such a shock for so many. It's like being shocked that lady gaga looks weird.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The people that are Crying about it are pathetic. Go QQ about something that's important like Abortion instead of a Slur directed to a faction on a video game. Grow up and learn to take a hit.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/27/2011 03:24 PMPosted by Pozadin

Seeing as how the guy obviously wasn't thinking about gay people when he said it, and the term gay is used by many to mean dumb or lame,

To start this, I have no problems with people of the homosexual persuasion. To me, they are people with a particular taste that differs from mine - that's it. Just like how some people don't like mushrooms and some people do. It's their decision.

Now, I have, in the past, used terms like "gay" to describe something that had occurred. Like "Man I just got ganked by a higher level.. how gay."

But that's just another way of me saying "lame". In that context, it would be really weird to put your literal perspective on things and turn my words into "Man, I just got ganked by a higher level.. how dare that person put me in this homosexual position."

That just doesn't fit.

Context is key.

Corpsegrinder also used *!@#@ and F*gg*t.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Ok so Q*eer is not allowed? Ummm....that's not an insult...if that is going to be censored then you may as well censor gay too. And don't tell me gay means happy....it hasn't meant "happy" since the early 20th century.
85 Blood Elf Hunter

10/27/2011 03:54 PMPosted by Sobralia
It's used just like when you say something " Sucks " or is " Dumb ". That's just how it is these days... You guys need to deal with it and stop QQing about.

No. No, what needs to happen is that dudebros need to stop using words like 'f*gg*t' as a way of casually insulting someone else. It is not acceptable.

If it's a difficult concept, spend some time here:
http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

I really like EA's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaqGCY28_k
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard this conversation should be ended. Honestly people there is no point in arguing. People are going to stand by their beliefs no matter WHAT you say. And if it's not ended then this argument will go on for ever it seems like. Really no point in arguing over something so so small.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/27/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Cramer
You choose to be different yet rage when people call you out on it? *facepalm.

^MOST IGNORANT POSTER YET!!! Go back to watching your Glenn Beck and drinking your Budwieser in your little world. I am NOT going to explain how you went wrong with that statement. I haven't the patience and you wouldn't care anyways.
80 Human Paladin
10/27/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Grizzmaw
But if you do that,, that means you would have to be like the rest of us when we get offended by something and get handed an apology,, and you can't seem to accept that.

Read the whole thread, then get back with me.

If you don't have the time to understand it all I don't have the time to respond to you.

Ask for specific clarification and you might get my attention.

Yeah my attention is a privilege you might earn.

Most of you haven't.
Edited by Matalan on 10/27/2011 4:18 PM PDT

No that was from the band not Blizzard.

No answer from the Corporation on their stand on such behavior.

BLIZZARD did nothing wrong. There was no pre approved script where they were like, OH WOW don't say that. That was dropped on us all PER THE CHOICE OF THE BAND, not the company. THEY are victims of it just like everyone else because all you kids here are looking at them and screaming for blood for something someone they brought in did.
IT's CC tho, that band is not known for being polite. Idk why this is such a shock for so many. It's like being shocked that lady gaga looks weird.

I don't want to argue about this point, but the band is made up of Blizzard employees. So, to many people, the band is Blizzard, and vice versa.
Edited by Lascelles on 10/27/2011 4:17 PM PDT
58 Gnome Death Knight
10/27/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Zephryn
The people that are Crying about it are pathetic. Go QQ about something that's important like Abortion instead of a Slur directed to a faction on a video game. Grow up and learn to take a hit.

http://www.derailingfordummies.com/#moreimportantly

Heading towards bingo here.
18 Gnome Warlock
I think it just make a lot of people happy, if wow just was turned off/ that band never made music again as an outcome to this.

At least the 90+ pages of bigotry and psychosis make an interesting point on who exactly plays MMOs
95 Draenei Shaman
I doubt my post will be read, but.....

I would like to thank the L90ETC for issuing an apology. I was sitting there in the audience when the clip played and assumed that it was just a bad judgement call somewhere along the line. A mistake was made and everyone learned from it :) I look forward to coming to BlizzCon again next year because it was an amazing event. Please continue to make your awesome music, because my boyfriend was thrilled to hear your warrior song.

*much love*
6 Draenei Paladin
The word "gay" also means to be happy.

The exact definitions at any point in time are irrelevant, as context is key.

Also, "lame" means unable to walk.

Are you in this century?

Nice try though.

*cough*

"Don we now are gay apparel" a segment and lyric from the song Deck the Halls. Which is very much a song of this century, even this decade. The segment is meant to wear happy festive clothes, not homosexual clothes, heck clothes can't even be homosexual they aren't an animal.
100 Blood Elf Hunter

Are you in this century?

Nice try though.

*cough*

"Don we now are gay apparel" a segment and lyric from the song Deck the Halls. Which is very much a song of this century, even this decade. The segment is meant to wear happy festive clothes, not homosexual clothes, heck clothes can't even be homosexual they aren't an animal.

Oh...so he was singing Christmas Carols! I see now. Thanks for clearing that one up. Alright, move along folks.
10 Human Warlock
10/27/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Angellis
Ok so Q*eer is not allowed? Ummm....that's not an insult...if that is going to be censored then you may as well censor gay too. And don't tell me gay means happy....it hasn't meant "happy" since the early 20th century.

The reason the word gay isn't censored is because it isn't a slur. Gays call themselves gay, they are part of the gay comunity, they have gay pride parades. Calling a gay person gay isn't insulting them.

Notice that when someone in this forum announces they are gay... they say "I'm gay..."

For some reason if someone calls someting gay, whatever their true meaning is, its hate speach.

The offended are reaching, they are trying to hard to make a situation something it isn't.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]