Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

18 Gnome Warlock

Are you in this century?

Nice try though.

*cough*

"Don we now are gay apparel" a segment and lyric from the song Deck the Halls. Which is very much a song of this century, even this decade. The segment is meant to wear happy festive clothes, not homosexual clothes, heck clothes can't even be homosexual they aren't an animal.

How can a song be a song of this century when it's sung by mostly english speaking christians?
6 Draenei Paladin
10/27/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Matalan
And as the OP started this all we are saying is their apology doesn't mean squat.

A matter of opinion.
Edited by Meibatsu on 10/27/2011 4:24 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/27/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Mortuary
Ok so Q*eer is not allowed? Ummm....that's not an insult...if that is going to be censored then you may as well censor gay too. And don't tell me gay means happy....it hasn't meant "happy" since the early 20th century.

The reason the word gay isn't censored is because it isn't a slur. Gays call themselves gay, they are part of the gay comunity, they have gay pride parades. Calling a gay person gay isn't insulting them.

Notice that when someone in this forum announces they are gay... they say "I'm gay..."

For some reason if someone calls someting gay, whatever their true meaning is, its hate speach.

The offended are reaching, they are trying to hard to make a situation something it isn't.

He also says Q*eer , F*gg*t and C*cksucker. Not a far reach at all.
58 Gnome Death Knight
10/27/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Meibatsu
"Don we now are gay apparel" a segment and lyric from the song Deck the Halls. Which is very much a song of this century, even this decade. The segment is meant to wear happy festive clothes, not homosexual clothes, heck clothes can't even be homosexual they aren't an animal.

"The tune is Welsh dating back to the sixteenth century, and belongs to a winter carol, Nos Galan. In the eighteenth century Mozart used the tune to "Deck the Halls" for a violin and piano duet.[dubious – discuss] The repeated "fa la la" is from medieval ballads and used in Nos Galan, the remaining lyrics are American in origin dating from the nineteenth century."

Next try?

Really, we get it. You just want to use homophobic language and not get called on it. Guess what, you're getting called on it. It's not a joke, or not a funny one. It's a slur, and you know very well what it is.
80 Human Paladin
A matter of opinio.

Of course it is, mate. And you deserve yours.

Good on ya. You've had your say.

Now if you;re satisfied step aside and let the rest of us continue.

Bye now.
6 Draenei Paladin
10/27/2011 04:17 PMPosted by Jatton
The people that are Crying about it are pathetic. Go QQ about something that's important like Abortion instead of a Slur directed to a faction on a video game. Grow up and learn to take a hit.

http://www.derailingfordummies.com/#moreimportantly

Heading towards bingo here.

Dude you keep making me laugh.
6 Draenei Paladin

Oh...so he was singing Christmas Carols! I see now. Thanks for clearing that one up. Alright, move along folks.

What the heck are you talking about.

Please clarify as this small town idiot doesn't get it.

And yeah, I'm watching you. So don't worry about me missing it.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was using deck the halls as an example of how gay does not only mean of a homosexual nature and that the use of gay as happy and festive is actually relevant in today's day and age though usually only around xmas time.
Edited by Meibatsu on 10/27/2011 4:30 PM PDT
80 Human Paladin
10/27/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Hackur
makes quite an interesting read but i musta missed the part that says Blizzard employees are exempt to those guildlines so does that mean theyre governed under the same rules and ToS if so then why is it they can go onto a stage at an event THEY sponsored and get away with what they did? then when the players ask for a REAL apology all we get is some "generic" statement they didnt even have the decency to offer personally? i guess when your a big corporation it doesnt matter if you dont respect your customers right? why not next year when the convention comes around just go all out and place signs on the doors "Horde only" or "if your Alliance enter at your own risk"

Respectfully, it makes me sad about myself that I can't be bothered to read a small wall of text like that (I have bad eyes at my age)

Seems simpler to have a full-cage match with one of their goons... doesn't it? I'll even fly my !@#$ out there at personal expense.
Edited by Matalan on 10/27/2011 4:31 PM PDT
10 Human Warlock
10/27/2011 04:24 PMPosted by Angellis
He also says Q*eer , F*gg*t and C*cksucker. Not a far reach at all.

I didnt hear either of the first 2 words in the 30 second clip.

Not to be crude but, the last word isn't something only gays do.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/27/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Wixie
That was dropped on us all PER THE CHOICE OF THE BAND, not the company. THEY are victims of it just like everyone else because all you kids here are looking at them and screaming for blood for something someone they brought in did.

I am NO kid. I am a responisble parent and grandparent and community member who cannot stand to see a Corp bash anoyone for their playing choices.

Blizzard knew the rep of that bunch ahead of time.

Employees were in the band according to many posters.

The Corp knew they were coming, and the 'band's rep, so the Corp is responsible for the actions of those people. Unless all that was somehow put in without offical knowledge (please explain how) Blizzard is responsible for what was presented & aired.
6 Draenei Paladin
10/27/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Matalan
A matter of opinio.

Of course it is, mate. And you deserve yours.

Good on ya. You've had your say.

Now if you;re satisfied step aside and let the rest of us continue.

Bye now.

Same could be said to you.
6 Draenei Paladin
10/27/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Jatton

"The tune is Welsh dating back to the sixteenth century, and belongs to a winter carol, Nos Galan. In the eighteenth century Mozart used the tune to "Deck the Halls" for a violin and piano duet.[dubious – discuss] The repeated "fa la la" is from medieval ballads and used in Nos Galan, the remaining lyrics are American in origin dating from the nineteenth century."

Next try?

Really, we get it. You just want to use homophobic language and not get called on it. Guess what, you're getting called on it. It's not a joke, or not a funny one. It's a slur, and you know very well what it is.

I'm sorry if you feel that way. All I'm saying is that gay is not ubiquitous with homosexuality. As for being homophobic, kinda hard for me to be that. But you would know that if you actually knew me.
7 Undead Priest
10/27/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Cramer
You choose to be different yet rage when people call you out on it? *facepalm.

Quick question Cramer; When you said "You choose to be different.." did you mean LGBT choose their sexuality?

Thanks in advance for your reply ^^
85 Tauren Paladin
So, do you also use racist slurs to describe your opponents, or the language of sexual assault to talk about how a fight went?

If not, why not?

If so, what makes the homophobic language okay and the other language not?

To indulge your request:

Racist slurs: No. I have never found the appropriate position to use a term that, in different context, would be racist. In my given vocabulary I can't think of a single racist term that could be used in any other fashion than that originally intended (how those that would take offense to such terms would take it).

Sexual Assault: You mean like the word "@#%#"? Absolutely. The definition of the word @#%# is not limited to "sexually assaulted with opposition.". It could mean "forcefully", which in the right context would be just as useful. For instance, saying "Man, that Shaman just @#%#d me." is just me saying "I stood no chance against that guy." because of how the engagement went. We're back to the point of context.

There are many words in every language that have many different meanings.. why are these "slurs" any different? The original definition of the word "!##" meant cigarette, and then a new definition was founded to describe someone who is homosexual.. The original definition of the word "gay" meant happy, and yet again, turned to homosexual. Why can't I use the term to describe a "lame" experience without it being seen as an anti-gay attack?

Here's a slur against homosexuality: "Why don't you go dancing with your fairy friends?"
Here's a normal sentence using non-offense language: "Man, that was really gay. We got @#%#d."

So the filter blocked me, probably because of how popular the term has become in that context, but that's not the only definition.

PS - sorry for the late response, had other things to attend to.
Edited by Pozadin on 10/27/2011 4:49 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/27/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Cramer

^MOST IGNORANT POSTER YET!!! Go back to watching your Glenn Beck and drinking your Budwieser in your little world. I am NOT going to explain how you went wrong with that statement. I haven't the patience and you wouldn't care anyways.

I will continue to drink my beer sir. Now please, explain to me your logic.

Could somone else take this one? I'm making dinner. Homemade winter squash pizza. :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]