Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
10/27/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Moët

I'm sorry, perhaps you could explain to us in what context homophobic slurs are okay to use?

This x ∞

When they aren't slurs. Read all of my posts on this... Lol.
56 Blood Elf Death Knight
There! Was that so hard?
85 Tauren Paladin
10/27/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Hackur
almost 100 pages and still no response from the ETC other than the so call "apology" they tried to pass off as being sincere? is that their way of saying the rules that the company expects everybody to abide by doesnt apply to them? i feel bad for any people that play alliance when they go to next years Blizzcon.judging by the treatment they got this time can only imagine how much worse itll be next time.maybe we should save our money and not go that way we can spare ourselves the ridicule and insulting behaviour and the pro horde crowd can have it all to themselves. since that seems to be the general opinion they are openly trying to discourage alliance players presence at the events.

Almost 100 pages and you still missed the point.
Edited by Pozadin on 10/27/2011 6:07 PM PDT
96 Draenei Shaman
Just came to say this. Cancelled my subscription this evening cause of this.

To have it happen is one thing. To condone it with actions like cheering or getting the crowd riled up over what is basically censored hate speech is worse.

Fine, if it was from 2007, it should have been left there.

What is even worse than that, and the cardinal sin here is to send someone else to apologize on behalf of a company. Stuff that would not be tolerated here on the forums, in game or anywhere else, and basically someone comes on here, on behalf of the company and says....

"Dude, my friend told me to tell you that he was just joking when he called you pukeface"

That is just so blatently low handed on all levels. It's not sorry. It's not apologetic. It's not even from the people that need to apologize.

And it gets worse. I don't mean to startle any of you, but they are setting MoP up for an in-game faction war, which they are kicking off with this. You not only have the demonstrated inability of anyone to handle this now in a proper fashion, you get another expansion entirely based on this kind of tripe.

Thanks, but no thanks. Good luck.
1 Undead Warlock
This is about nothing other than people soap boxing and pretending to take offense just so they can take a stab at blizz. Nothing more, nothing less. People know what the facts are. The facts are that every negative word was censored out, and they also know that this video was from an interview where George was just speaking about a game he loves, and being passionate about it.

And what we find offensive and not offensive is of no value. Because people can find offense in anything. I could be offended by the look on someone's face. Do I make a big deal of it? Nope. I just keep going through my day and don't think anything more of it. But there are people out there that are looking to be offended, that are looking to find something they can make an issue out of, and just be a passive/aggressive whiner. And that's what forums breed. Passive/aggressive whining. People take out their real life frustrations out on forums.

It's like talking about politics. Everybody needs to be right. Everybody needs to get the last word in. And they twist and bend the truth until it fits their agenda. Just like that phony petition. The old video should never have made it. But why did it make it on to the page? To get people angry. To get people to side with them. But that video wasn't available at blizzcon. What you had at blizzcon was not exciting enough. Was not dramatic enough. And so they needed to put the unedited, full version on a site for a petition that had no relevence to the censored version. Because people have to be dishonest if they want to "win". Because there is no issue in the first place.

If people would stop being drama queens for a second, and realize that what they're doing isn't fooling anybody. Be honest. Don't act like something is there that isn't. And don't act like you can know what someone's intent is. Because you don't.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/27/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Pozadin

No, you missed it. Its on corp behavior and their breaking their own rules.
1 Undead Warlock
Just came to say this. Cancelled my subscription this evening cause of this.

To have it happen is one thing. To condone it with actions like cheering or getting the crowd riled up over what is basically censored hate speech is worse.

Fine, if it was from 2007, it should have been left there.

What is even worse than that, and the cardinal sin here is to send someone else to apologize on behalf of a company. Stuff that would not be tolerated here on the forums, in game or anywhere else, and basically someone comes on here, on behalf of the company and says....

"Dude, my friend told me to tell you that he was just joking when he called you pukeface"

That is just so blatently low handed on all levels. It's not sorry. It's not apologetic. It's not even from the people that need to apologize.

And it gets worse. I don't mean to startle any of you, but they are setting MoP up for an in-game faction war, which they are kicking off with this. You not only have the demonstrated inability of anyone to handle this now in a proper fashion, you get another expansion entirely based on this kind of tripe.

Thanks, but no thanks. Good luck.
You didn't quit because of this. You just want to use this as an excuse so you can try to validate the drama. You were already gone prior.

And I renewed because of this.
Edited by Juller on 10/27/2011 6:15 PM PDT
1 Undead Warlock
10/27/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Ayrthrina

No, you missed it. Its on corp behavior and their breaking their own rules.
What rules? Enlighten me.
76 Troll Shaman
promoting violent antagonism between human beings: all in good fun
85 Tauren Paladin
10/27/2011 06:11 PMPosted by Hackur

which point? the one that says Blizzard execs are not bound by the same rules they expect the players to follow or the point that you can insult the people that paid to enjoy the con and say its only a joke and not expect them to respond?

The video is being taken out of context.

Do.. Do we not know English in here?
100 Orc Hunter
F.TA.

/end thread.
1 Undead Warlock
10/27/2011 06:15 PMPosted by Leida
promoting violent antagonism between human beings: all in good fun
How so?
1 Undead Warlock
10/27/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Hackur
almost 100 pages and still no response from the ETC other than the so called "apology" they tried to pass off as being sincere? is that their way of saying the rules that the company expects everybody to abide by doesnt apply to them? i feel bad for any people that play alliance when they go to next years Blizzcon.judging by the treatment they got this time can only imagine how much worse itll be next time.maybe we should save our money and not go that way we can spare ourselves the ridicule and insulting behaviour and the pro horde crowd can have it all to themselves. since that seems to be the general opinion they are openly trying to discourage alliance players presence at the events.
Nothing to apologize for. How about this. I demand an apology from you for promoting false truths. Can I have that apology now?
58 Gnome Death Knight
10/27/2011 05:30 PMPosted by Mortuary
If you feel discussing the topic at hand is derailing it... wow.

When a derailing technique ("But If It's Okay For Marginalised People To Use Those Words, Why Can't I?") is used to attempt to avoid discussion of the issue at hand (which is, as you'll recall, about Blizzard calling George Fisher "unofficial ambassador to the Mighty Horde" and calling him up on stage, after playing a semi-censored clip from a well known angry, homophobic slur and personal attack-filled rant against Alliance players that were ganking him while he was attempting to farm Motes of Air, then after a huge outcry from both Alliance players and members of the LGBT community, giving a begrudging non-apology "apology") and divert it to discussion of why you believe the slurs are not slurs at all, yes it is derailing.
80 Gnome Priest
The Apology is a good step. Though I'd like to see some Alliance themed songs down the road sometime. I understand "Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain" is your band's name. But there are already some Horde songs out there.

An Apology is really cheap in all honesty.
Hermes: "What do we do if we break somebody's window?"
Dwight: "Pay for it?"
Hermes: "O hohoho, heavens no. We apologize. With nice cheap words."

Quote taken from the Cartoon series Futurama.
1 Undead Warlock
10/27/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Jatton

When a derailing technique ("But If It's Okay For Marginalised People To Use Those Words, Why Can't I?") is used to attempt to avoid discussion of the issue at hand (which is, as you'll recall, about Blizzard calling George Fisher "unofficial ambassador to the Mighty Horde" and calling him up on stage, after playing a semi-censored clip from a well known angry, homophobic slur and personal attack-filled rant against Alliance players that were ganking him while he was attempting to farm Motes of Air, then after a huge outcry from both Alliance players and members of the LGBT community, giving a begrudging non-apology "apology") and divert it to discussion of why you believe the slurs are not slurs at all, yes it is derailing.
Did he say once "The people who play alliance"? Did he? Did you hear any homophobic language on the blizzcon video? Did you? Or do you feel like referencing a video that blizzard did not play at a fraction of it's entirety and bleeped out every curse word?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Get mad about what some loser said at a video game convention. There are so many things wrong with this whole bit of 'controversy' on both sides that I can't even begin to decide which side to stand on. /2 cents
10 Human Warlock
10/27/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Jatton

Dissagreeing with you isn't derailing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]