A Treatise On Bluetip Threshers

100 Night Elf Rogue
12/01/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Tokee
GG Blizzard posting in threads with kiddies qq'ing about transmoging their flowers but not acknowledging an amazing post.

This
90 Human Paladin
I also miss the epic quest lines. It was a pita to farm everything I needed for my mount and to find a group willing to go to scholo and dm to help with the pally quest, but I sure did feel like I accomplished something when I finally got it! I still remember when I got my 1st epic... now everything is handed to you, it just doesnt feel as rewarding. I like the idea of having choices, if someone doesnt want to grind out a long and expensive questline then they dont have to, but have the option available for those of us that do.
85 Human Mage
wow somebody necroed this thread.....again?

OP on alts says whaa?

I don't post on alts unless it's a specific class forum, and even then I don't usually bother to switch. Believe me, I'm as surprised as you that people keep bringing these up, but if they're adding to the discussion I'm not going to stop them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697818
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Foury has been at this "bring back AV" campaign for years. Credit where credit where is due. And his points are spot on.

The wonder is gone from the World of Warcraft, as is the world. I have played off and on since just before BC started. The game has changed tremendously. I keep leveling new characters in search of the WoW that was. Sadly, its gone. I, along with many others, are now anachronisms.

Many if not all of the things that drew me in and kept me coming back are gone now, probably never to return.

I still play because there is not another game yet that interests me. But WoW is fast starting to no longer interest me either.

A long strange trip it has been and now I find little things to do for myself to keep my interest. Because overall the game has changed so much that I cannot begin to list all the things I miss. Wall of text anyone?

We the people that made WoW what it once was no longer matter. Money for Blizzard is what matters. It is plain and simple... anyone that cannot see that is blind. Blizzard will cater to the masses because they prefer masses of money over the money from the few.

I applaud Foury for his post and for his efforts. But eventually even he will be gone. Brick wall cannot be knocked down by head. Unless someone nerf's brick wall.
85 Human Mage
12/17/2011 08:56 AMPosted by Becuzuluvme
I applaud Foury for his post and for his efforts. But eventually even he will be gone. Brick wall cannot be knocked down by head. Unless someone nerf's brick wall.

Take note, Blizzard: My head is starting to hurt.
90 Orc Hunter
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

Ill see you in the mists foury, the current wowlite or McWoW design in not accidental- the developers know exactly what that are doing.

We arnt the target market anymore Im afraid.
1 Undead Priest
12/17/2011 01:11 AMPosted by Zizzix
OP on alts says whaa?

You can tell who someone's alts are by putting them on ignore (battle.net account not WoW account), there's even a website with a database for known alts.

12/17/2011 08:56 AMPosted by Becuzuluvme
The wonder is gone from the World of Warcraft, as is the world. I have played off and on since just before BC started. The game has changed tremendously. I keep leveling new characters in search of the WoW that was. Sadly, its gone. I, along with many others, are now anachronisms.

This recent post by a CM is a very good example of why this has happened:

12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
Given that Blizzard posters have made exceedingly similar statements about every major daily hub from IQD onwards, and that these have all turned out to have the same basic failings, you'll forgive me if I take that note with a pinch of salt.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

Too many people at Blizzard imagine that they are making people happy by allowing them to get video game rewards. This is, as they see it, the purpose of the game.

Lack of success with the Wrath model not withstanding.

Now, people who realize how wrong this is are too nice to destroy this happy illusion, and so the game continues to decline in actual fun even as rewards become more and more accessible.

Also it's worthwhile to note that by China's standards, Foxconn workers (assembling Apple products among others) did make "$100,000 per year" but that didn't prevent a high-profile string of suicides.
Edited by Nemue on 12/21/2011 10:36 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]