Amazing...

55 Gnome Death Knight
You know I've been on the forums, looking for a new guild, making my own post and all that oh so fun stuff. No replies.

Last night, because I was completely bored, went to an ICC run. I 2 healed it with some shaman. He didn't have fantastic gear but what I found amazing was, here's this person, on every boss fight, I did more then twice the healing he did. I healed so much more then he did that I was out of mana and I'm never out of mana and he had more then half his mana left.

What's so amazing is I can't find a FL run or guild for the LIFE OF ME, yet, this person has never raided anything (because I looked him up) but he has 6/7 bosses down in FL. He wasn't even fully enchanted and really, had some shotty gear. I at least put forth an effort and.. nothing.

I'm not quite sure I understand reasoning here... Can someone explain it to me?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It's an unfortunate side effect, low pop servers so late in a tier will be selective in the people they let in, and if you can't be "geared" then you won't have an easy time getting "geared" to be able to raid.

I might be wrong, this is just the way I see it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I wouldn't invite a 55 dk to a FL raid either, very impressed by your healing abilitys tho!
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
Make some friends mate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just happened to stop by the forums on a whim (was going to look at the general forum, but out of curiosity opened up the Ysera forum) because I wanted to share a doodle with people, but since I saw this, I might as well give it a go!

My guild isn't very big, but I know we're recruiting! There are several people really wanting to raid, but we've only just recently gotten a different guild leader promoted so that we can schedule raids easier and therefore I'm not going to brag about how awesome the guild is just yet or about what we've done (at the appropriate level, 85). To be honest, I'm a pansy (and a healer) so the most raids I go to are usually when we're doing old-world raids (which we do a lot, esp. for achievements). That being said, I'm very certain Privilege could use some more healers who actually want to raid. As mentioned, we're still trying to get our numbers up (we have 115 members) so that we can get more of a full guild raid instead of having to resort to pugs--this is mostly because most Privilege guildies love trying to get achievements from whatever they do and usually having pugs lessens the chance of getting those achievements.

The guild is currently level seventeen and almost eighteen. I think it's fair to say we're a fairly relaxed guild, even if some of the members like to pick on each other teasingly. We do like to enjoy the game if we can. :o)

You seem to be posting on an alt, so I'm not sure what class you are (not that that's very important; I'm more than certain a healer is welcome regardless of class), but if you're interested in joining Privilege then see if you can't contact (in-game mail or whisper) to Savaline/Daristia or Zoriana to ask for more information.

P.S. I didn't think of it before, but I should probably mention that I don't think we really care about what your gear is as long as you're willing to try to gear up! I mean, how can anyone progress their character if no one gives them a chance?! I actually need to work on my gear, but I'm procrastinating very bad about it.

P.P.S. I'd also like to say, these people do have a point. I didn't look as much into the "bragging" thing as others have because I like to assume people are good people and try not to look at things negatively, but there are several plausible reasons as to why the other healer didn't look like he was doing as much work. Even so, what I saw from your post was that you're looking for a guild and are confident in what you do; that's why I mentioned that Privilege is one of many guilds currently recruiting for more people. :o)
Edited by Raphaella on 11/2/2011 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I don't know who you are. I barely talk on the forums, but gloating about solo-healing an ICC run is ... kind of ... dumb.

On either side there are trade pugs. Go get some gear, meet people, join guild. Somewhere along the way, play the game too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You know I've been on the forums, looking for a new guild, making my own post and all that oh so fun stuff. No replies.

Last night, because I was completely bored, went to an ICC run. I 2 healed it with some shaman. He didn't have fantastic gear but what I found amazing was, here's this person, on every boss fight, I did more then twice the healing he did. I healed so much more then he did that I was out of mana and I'm never out of mana and he had more then half his mana left.

What's so amazing is I can't find a FL run or guild for the LIFE OF ME, yet, this person has never raided anything (because I looked him up) but he has 6/7 bosses down in FL. He wasn't even fully enchanted and really, had some shotty gear. I at least put forth an effort and.. nothing.

I'm not quite sure I understand reasoning here... Can someone explain it to me?

You carried him in old school content, and he let you.....what's so hard about that?

Maybe their main spec was enhance and their offspec resto gear wasn't gemmed or enchanted up yet or they took advantage of raiding some old school content to work out some rotations. Who knows, but there's a million non shady explanations, and another million shady or devious explanations. Did you ask them?

What's amazing is that you didn't post your "concerns" on the toon that you had the experience on. What are you hiding?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You show me logs, you prove you know what you're talking about in your app, and you get in.

It's such a misconception that the skilled don't get into raids, it's a misplaced entitlement. If you are truly better than those who currently go to raids, then you will be able to rise to the top very quickly.

We took a warrior who leveled to 85, wore some blues and valor epics, and skipped him into almost full 391 gear in one week. Why? Because he proved he knew how to tank. Armory Noctis if you don't believe me.

I run my guild based off performance and dedication. Those who love and live to raid are the most valuable assets to a guild.

If you think you really are being slighted by guilds and you deserve more, prove it to me, more than just saying "I'm awesome" and fill out an application on our site: naturalorderguild.com
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
mainly because you make useless threads like this, so nobody likes you.
Reply Quote
idk, I don't even know him and I like him a lot more than you. So that can't be it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
First of all Post on your main .

Second figure out what times work best for you and find a guild that runs those times , odds are there's one looking for a healer , that will give you a shot .

Also I wouldn't judge a person by the healing numbers they put up in an icc run at this point in time , nor would I get bent about thier progression in current content .

If youre a good healer , follow Akraens advise and Apply to a guild that fits your schedule . Raiding guilds are almost always looking for healers .

Or if you want a guild to court you , go to the guild recruitment forums , be ready to shell out the 25 bucks , and I imagine you could find a few guilds that are willing to gear you and teach you the fights , and happy to do it .
Edited by Gloverr on 11/9/2011 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't think she is braging. I think she is just frustrated on how she did so much more healing then this guy and can't find a decent raid or whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/09/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Kiyomi
I don't think she is braging. I think she is just frustrated on how she did so much more healing then this guy and can't find a decent raid or whatever.

But it doesn't really matter in an Out of Date instance. I go into those things half the time with only one healer if any at all. She's just trying to stroke her Epeen. Now if she'd post on her main and just say that she's looking for guild I'm sure you'd have a few guild looking for someone to heal especially with 4.3 and SW:ToR coming up.
Edited by Panjier on 11/10/2011 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
There are always guilds looking. Your answer may not even be on Ysera.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]