Haomarush has officially died

Blizz will never merge your server.

Strategically, it'd be a bad idea anyways. Why merge servers and please thousands of potential players that would / could pay 25$ when they're REALLY sick of the low pop?

I still dont regret my investment of 3 years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
i see this topic is over a year old and there are pretty much more sigs on it than are people currently left on hao. But i will go ahead and sign just so i can say i did if ever asked.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
So they listened to what you complained about the low population. Now we have level 90 players camping in lower level quest areas and not letting us play. I am a Horde player with 5 characters. I honestly don't get to play for more than 5 minutes with any of them because the level 90 alliance players keep killing me. I don't mind the extra players, but lets keep it fair for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Bump
Reply Quote
92 Human Mage
I agree totally. There has not been one time that ive seen anyone in trade chat spamming for raids of any type or guilds looking for raiders.

Its bad when your on thunder isle and 3 people are on it. That's the newest content and three people on at 4 in the afternoon? that's crazy.

I came here from chogall when they gave us all free transfers off that dead server at the start of WOTLK. Now this server is twice as dead as chogall ever was.

Blizzard: Either open up free transfers from fullservers to come to haomarush or give us a free transfer off.

this is beyond funny anymore
Edited by Bradein on 4/30/2013 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Human Mage
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
As an old Haomarush native I will give my bump even if it has no power in it to help this server!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The discounted transfers just kill unpleasantly low pop servers like Haomarush.
I sincerely hope the cheap transfers were a prelude to some server merges,

You will never reinvigorate a seriously beleaguered server regardless of how free you make the transfers. People really don't want them.

It's not that bad of an idea to force people who currently don't have the people to play with to play on the same server from now on.

Merge the seriously underutilized servers and make room for the new servers that are going to be added for future expansions.
You can't just keep adding servers when the player base isn't growing the way it used to.

I logged into my old server to ask in a not really trolling way how the server was doing with the discounted transfers. Over 15 minutes about 6 delusional people !@#$%ed me out for it.

At no point did any trade happen in trade during this time, a 15 minute period at about 7 o clock on a saturday.

Private servers look more attractive than Blizzard's legitimate ones when they're desperately low pop like this.
The only things to do under these circumstances are to transfer or quit, both of which continue to exacerbate the problem.
All servers need to be above a certain threshold to avoid declining like this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump

Why
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because this thread deserves a bump. Hopefully the virtual realms feature in 5.4 will help out Haomarush.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I personally like "dead" servers. They have just as much to offer as a high pop server. Blizzard should implement things to keep people from leaving these servers instead of encouraging it.

Something like keeping realm first titles or personal realm first achievements for more things (i.e. raiding & brawler's) might keep people here.

I started a guild on this "dead" server and after 3 weeks of progression we've downed 5/13H bosses and next week we plan to be 8/13H.

There are pros and cons to everything in life, the same is true with World of Warcraft server population.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I personally like "dead" servers. They have just as much to offer as a high pop server. Blizzard should implement things to keep people from leaving these servers instead of encouraging it.

Something like keeping realm first titles or personal realm first achievements for more things (i.e. raiding & brawler's) might keep people here.

I started a guild on this "dead" server and after 3 weeks of progression we've downed 5/13H bosses and next week we plan to be 8/13H.

There are pros and cons to everything in life, the same is true with World of Warcraft server population.

You forgot to mention that farming rares is so much better here too! :)
Edited by Cptwaffles on 7/8/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Farming rares and/or getting realm first achieves is better here if you look at this server that way. But however can you pug a raid on this server if you are not in a raid guild? Is there ever anything on the AH that you want that is not at outrageous prices? Heck can you even SELL anything on the Auction House? Are there ever 50 or more 90's online? Are there ever days where Orgrimmar, SW, and the two shrines are full of people (especially at peak hours)? If you play on this server but you don't know anyone on here, WoW practically feels like a single player game. Hopefully Virtual realms in 5.4 will fix issues for all the dead servers out there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
When leveling my Monk, I got super excited when I got ganked for the first time.

I was level 89.

I joined this server because my friends wanted me to during Cataclysm. I swapped from Akama.

Really wish I hadn't. After Cata, this server tanked
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Virtual realms wont be implemented until 5.5 or possibly even later. Project Casual is pugging a Flex raid every Monday night during 5.4... all Horde are welcome if you have an ilvl of like 490 or better in pve gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Virtual realms wont be implemented until 5.5 or possibly even later.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10551009/
Reply Quote
25 Troll Hunter
This server is so dead it makes me want to cry.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
haomarush has been DEAD for years its why I left during bc now its a ghost server I log on every once in a bit in am the only horde in org its very sad I miss my days on this server.cc
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
getting camped was the best but hiting max in camping was the best fear the rogue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]