BlizzCon 2011

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, I have really mixed thoughts about new expansion.

Cool things:

• Pandaren - they are awesome

• Monk - new class for every race

• New Zones - they are really nice looking

• World bosses - I liked them

• Heroic Dungeon - they will be fast again, WoTLK style wich I liked much more than Cata style heroics

• Challange Mode - seem like decent idea I guess

• Questing - also I think quests will be more cool, and no flying till lvl90

• Account wide achievements - Herald of the Titan on my Paladin by getting it on hunter? Sweet.

• WTF things:

• Pet fights - I mean really blizzard? Game inside a game? Also tradable pets, pet loot, seems like there will be "Premium" pet shop for superior loot and superior pets. "Pokemons, collect them all!"

• No bad guy - there is no super bad !@# bad guy in game, just some roaches and fishman we need to kill to save Pandas, seems too boring for me

• Talant trees - they said they won't have cookie cutter specs anymore, well, they wrong. New talent system looks retarded simple, also some talents (looking at Paladin "tree") really only for healers, other for Ret and Prot, we WILL have cookie cutter specs. And there are completly useless talents like in Paladin lvl60 and 75 talents.

• Blizzard really trying to hold WoW playerbase, look at their offer, pay for 12 months of WoW and get free Diablo 3. I hope later in MoP we will at least fight one of the old gods, because fighting Roaches, Monkeys and Fishman whole expansion just makes this new expansion a "filler" to milk more money before next new expansion about Legion, Old Gods and other srs business.

By the way, really liked Diablo 3, can't wait to play it.
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Priest
    the winner of pet battles will be whoever use the pet closes to sceptile
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    Alright, I have really mixed thoughts about new expansion.

Cool things:

• Account wide achievements - Herald of the Titan on my Paladin by getting it on hunter? Sweet.

• WTF things:
  • Pandaren - non-canon and used to allow an asian based expac

• Monk - because disc priests proved that monks can work in wow

• World bosses - they are impossible to scale for 10 vs 25 guilds. Either 25 mans will destroy them or 10 mans will get 25 equiv loot

• Heroic Dungeon - no longer heroic because challenge modes are now meant to be difficult

• Challange Mode - allows them to reuse content and give another progression curve without needing to do anything other than test the run to find a decent time limit

• Pet fights - I mean really blizzard? Game inside a game? Also tradable pets, pet loot, seems like there will be "Premium" pet shop for superior loot and superior pets. "Pokemons, collect them all!"

• No bad guy - there is no super bad !@# bad guy in game, just some roaches and fishman we need to kill to save Pandas, seems too boring for me

• Talant trees - they said they won't have cookie cutter specs anymore, well, they wrong. New talent system looks retarded simple, also some talents (looking at Paladin "tree") really only for healers, other for Ret and Prot, we WILL have cookie cutter specs. And there are completly useless talents like in Paladin lvl60 and 75 talents.

• Blizzard really trying to hold WoW playerbase, look at their offer, pay for 12 months of WoW and get free Diablo 3. I hope later in MoP we will at least fight one of the old gods, because fighting Roaches, Monkeys and Fishman whole expansion just makes this new expansion a "filler" to milk more money before next new expansion about Legion, Old Gods and other srs business.

By the way, really liked Diablo 3, can't wait to play it.
    Edited by Choice on 10/21/2011 11:31 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Gnome Warlock
    10/21/2011 11:25 PMPosted by Fatigueqt
    the winner of pet battles will be whoever use the pet closes to sceptile

that and not evolving your first pokemon seems to be the key to success.

I took one look at the 'talent tree' for warlocks and grimaced. I really didn't like the look of this, I thought we were to have 'non-cookie cutter' builds this expansion?

As for a new zones, another whole island could work, before Cata I liked the fact that they weren't adding another instanced area like Outlands and Northrend and were adding to the old lands. I realise now that this isn't as great of an idea I thought it would have been. I feel like I'm locked up in Stormwind staring at all the horrible boring-!@# 'humans' people running around. So maybe a new Shat/Dal would be a big change. Then I might have been able to see ol' Firelord Aten. Org guards don't like when I try to visit there.

It will be interesting to see how the whole neutral Pandaran thing will work out and how they will incorporate into both sides.

Sadly they are STILL putting in things that are a bit too late I'm afraid. I don't think I'm getting this expansion, boys.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    10/21/2011 11:37 PMPosted by Malign
    Sadly they are STILL putting in things that are a bit too late I'm afraid. I don't think I'm getting this expansion, boys.

I'll trade you my deathy, he knows flamethrower.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid

Cool things:

• WTF things:

• Pandaren - non-canon and used to allow an asian based expac

• Monk - because disc priests proved that monks can work in wow

• World bosses - they are impossible to scale for 10 vs 25 guilds. Either 25 mans will destroy them or 10 mans will get 25 equiv loot

• Heroic Dungeon - no longer heroic because challenge modes are now meant to be difficult

• Challange Mode - allows them to reuse content and give another progression curve without needing to do anything other than test the run to find a decent time limit

• Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Rogue
    I'm just gonna play Pokemon in WoW. Screw PVE and PVP
    Reply Quote
    There will probably be a major villain, most likely the leader of the Mantids or something. From a lore perspective, I actually look forward to MoP a lot. It's a 'fresh' start of sorts. No more major baddies being just returning characters like Illidan, Arthas and Deathwing were. It's a whole new chapter in Azeroth's lore.

The focus will be on the current war btwn Loliance and Horde and the Pandarens are to have some sort of major role in it.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]