Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

85 Human Warlock
Link to original thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424905293

Original Post:

So much for Alliance not being shafted constantly. More blatant horde favoritism in the 4.4 patch

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=368927&postcount=43

Horde attacks Theramore, which is destroyed.

Metzan lied.

Continue the discusson here...
Edited by Sorreal on 10/23/2011 10:20 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm wondering how they could have gone about starting the heated conflict in MoP and yet not make anyone upset.

I'm sure that if the Alliance had attacked a Horde settlement there would be a similar thread complaining about the Horde being made into victims, and how the Alliance were being made into antagonists.
Edited by Peacemonger on 10/23/2011 10:21 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
If this happens Alliance better get to destroy a horde city in return or kill garrosh for good.
Edited by Cylestea on 10/23/2011 10:28 PM PDT
38 Night Elf Hunter
Strictly in terms of military might I think the Alliance is stronger. And the Horde remains 0/2 for their Wars against the Alliance.

Let them come.
85 Tauren Paladin
If this happens Alliance better get to destroy a horde city in return or kill garrosh for good.

Can you just kill all of the Warsong clan, please?
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'll trade Garrosh for Theramore any time, come and take him, PLEASE.
16 Dwarf Hunter
I'm wondering how they could have gone about starting the heated conflict in MoP and yet not make anyone upset.

I'm sure that if the Alliance had attacked a Horde settlement there would be a similar thread complaining about the Horde being made into victims, and how the Alliance were being made into antagonists.

Except its almost always Alliance getting the shaft or the worse part of the deal.

We destroy Camp Taurajo. Horde retaliation? They wipe out our entire army.

Ashenvale is a stalemate but the Horde are still closing in.

Hillsbrad, Southshore is wiped out completely. Absolutely nothing is done.

In Swamp of Sorrows, where get a questline to take down Stonard. We weaken its forces, defenses, everything. Yet it still stands. Arguably, Theramore is the human version of Stonard. Now Theramore is getting the same treatment but apparently with lasting destruction while Stonard gets to stay with nothing different? (i'm not expecting things to be fair, but it appears that Horde get a better deal in more aspects of the game, especially in updated quests).

Gilneas we actually reclaim but can't go back?

In many other zones we get small encampments while Horde get metal fortresses. Alliance is apparently the more technologically (with regards to stone masonry, metalworking, etc.) advanced faction yet Horde can build these forts almost overnight? Last I checked, Goblin tech shouldn't be that reliable.
Edited by Felstone on 10/23/2011 10:39 PM PDT
41 Blood Elf Priest
From the original thread:

Haha

You think that's funny? Having the world taken over by a bunch of raging green man-children that think they're somehow in the right for invading a world and killing all the natives that stand in their way? So basically if you had lived in the time of the American colonization you would have laughed at the Native American tribes being slaughtered and forcibly moved so the British immigrants could take over... Your sense of humor is rather morbid... also screw you and all the horde fanboys with the maturity of a 2 year old... anyone who thinks the horde is cool must have the minds of prepubescent boys...

OH GOD, ITS AVATAR ALL OVER AGAIN!

But nah, I agree with you.
90 Orc Warrior
Sure, kill Garrosh, nobody liked him anyway.

Vol'jin for warchief 2012
45 Night Elf Druid
Inc
Well somebodies got to win the war eventually.
85 Night Elf Rogue
From the original thread:

Haha

You think that's funny? Having the world taken over by a bunch of raging green man-children that think they're somehow in the right for invading a world and killing all the natives that stand in their way? So basically if you had lived in the time of the American colonization you would have laughed at the Native American tribes being slaughtered and forcibly moved so the British immigrants could take over... Your sense of humor is rather morbid... also screw you and all the horde fanboys with the maturity of a 2 year old... anyone who thinks the horde is cool must have the minds of prepubescent boys...

Srsly? I'm all for rivalry, but this is a little too far.

That said, death to the Horde! Unless I'm on my Orc, then death to Alliance!

(PS - Lighten up bro, it's a game)
85 Tauren Death Knight

I think the Horde is cool and I'm 110% sure that I've completed puberty and moved past that whole mentality as well. Which means you're sadly mistaken.

Now lets see how do we ignite a faction war if no one strikes first? lets see, we could make it so a horde player insults the king and his anger problem takes over and he just declares war to get petty revenge? You can decide.
Edited by Deadwhiteout on 10/23/2011 10:54 PM PDT
90 Troll Rogue

Except its almost always Alliance getting the shaft or the worse part of the deal.

We destroy Camp Taurajo. Horde retaliation? They wipe out our entire army.

Ashenvale is a stalemate but the Horde are still closing in.

Hillsbrad, Southshore is wiped out completely. Absolutely nothing is done.

In Swamp of Sorrows, where get a questline to take down Stonard. We weaken its forces, defenses, everything. Yet it still stands. Arguably, Theramore is the human version of Stonard. Now Theramore is getting the same treatment but apparently with lasting destruction while Stonard gets to stay with nothing different? (i'm not expecting things to be fair, but it appears that Horde get a better deal in more aspects of the game, especially in updated quests).

Gilneas we actually reclaim but can't go back?

In many other zones we get small encampments while Horde get metal fortresses. Alliance is apparently the more technologically (with regards to stone masonry, metalworking, etc.) advanced faction yet Horde can build these forts almost overnight? Last I checked, Goblin tech shouldn't be that reliable.

Stonard gets to stay with nothing different?

Wow, since you have the full story of what's going to happen, you apparently work at Blizzard. If it's a problem for you, why not bring it up at the next meeting?

They said Theramore will get ruined. I must have missed the part where it continued "and nothing bad happens to the horde after that LOL!"
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok ok... we get Theramore and you guys get Garrosh and do whatever you want to him. Sound like a good deal?
90 Human Paladin
Maybe next trade we could trade westfall for silithus. Fair trade right? Maybe we could trade duskwood for desolace. Or some other zone that offers no actual tactical advantage while losing the entire war effort against the horde. Fair's fair I guess.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]