Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

56 Orc Hunter
does this mean world pvp will exist again. cause if it doesn't i don't care
88 Draenei Paladin
1 for 2 actually. Horde kicked our !@# in First War. Revenge is a sweet dish best served cold.
Andorhol - We attack undead, then are told to leave and we get told we lost. Not even allowed to experience it.

Let us participate, even if we lose.

Nah, I played Alliance side Andorhol. We participated in that and we lost pretty damn hard.

We were actually winning right up until the Forsaken deployed the Val'kyr, at which point Thassarian suddenly decided the battle was unwinnable. Which is pretty stupid when you think about it, since the Val'kyr were never a game breaker in Northrend, despite them appearing in greater numbers there and having complete control over everything they raised. But hey, that's Blizzard's writing for you.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I think this is good I mean apart from a short time levelling in theramore I can't remember ever feeling the urge or need to go back there so if anything this will actually make the place more interesting :P
85 Undead Warrior
Lots of different races are fine and all but am I the only one that wish's the War between the Alliance and Horde had more of the original human kingdoms and orc tribes. I know most of them were destroyed but Im a lore junky and Stromgarde returning or being able to play as a frostwolf would make me geek out.
90 Gnome Warlock
My personal interest leans towards knowing if Night Elves will get their victories to celebrate in-game, but that seems kinda so close, yet so far away from Theramore...

You do know that the Night Elves lose in Ashenvale right?
100 Night Elf Priest
"Hinting" happened in Cataclysm.

"Hinting" is not content.

"Hinting" is not conflict.

You can't wait for the content to reveal itself?

The expansion was announced two and a half days ago. It's a little early to be pointing fingers at Blizzard, demanding that they atone for their sins.
86 Draenei Priest
10/24/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Achante
I think this is good I mean apart from a short time levelling in theramore I can't remember ever feeling the urge or need to go back there so if anything this will actually make the place more interesting :P

more interesting for the horde.
90 Human Warrior
The problem here is that The Horde is hitting first, and they are hitting a very demoralized, very beaten, very weakened Alliance. Specially demoralized. Which to me means either the Alliance will hit back harder than that when it's their turn, or they will hit something cherished by The Horde.

Sure is Cataclysm Beta in here. Seeing a lot of the same arguments we got back then in full force, and we all know how THAT turned out.
10/24/2011 12:08 AMPosted by Pleasurizer
If you recall, the alliance loss has no basis. We are just suddenly told to leave cause we lost without really understanding why.

If you recall, there were some Val'kyr in the area that were rezzing fallen soldiers/farmers to turn against the Alliance. Get on your knees and thank Thassarian that he got you out of there before you became one of them.

85 Worgen Rogue

The most recent Night Elf thing is Wolfheart. They definitely do anything but lose there. If you mean anything from MoP...then do tell, since I haven't heard a thing.
41 Gnome Priest
10/23/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

It's just horde gets all the moral victories.

- Azshara: Lost to the horde
- Southshore: Lost to the horde
- Andorhal: Lost to the horde
- Ashenvale: Big horde advances

What did alliance get?

- A few tents in the southern barrens.

We also find out that the greatest and most powerful hero is Thrall an iconic horde figure that every has to help and learn about so he can save us all, and then (as Metzan said at ComicCon) return to the horde later. The alliance leadership DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN CATACLYSM (Varian standing in the human starting zone was too much so that was cut).

Now Horde get to know that they destroy Theramore, they just get all the moral victories and Blizzard keeps saying "We like both factions" even though you have been spending way more time developing the horde.

I play horde characters too but that doesn't really mean anything, actions usually speak louder than words and the alliance has been about laying down and taking it in Cata and at the start of MoP

Horde just get all the excitement.
Edited by Healstime on 10/24/2011 12:18 AM PDT
91 Night Elf Druid
10/24/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Bomdanil
My personal interest leans towards knowing if Night Elves will get their victories to celebrate in-game, but that seems kinda so close, yet so far away from Theramore...

No they don't.

By the end of the alliance questing, all the Horde advancements have been reveresed and the sentinels say they will take care of the rest and that it will be cleaned up in a few days.

The problem is, what we do is like, 20 quests, and everything else is unrelated to the Horde war, fighting of Demons and Old Gods and all that.

Also, our victories don't get shown. Us holding the line gets shown.

The most recent Night Elf thing is Wolfheart. They definitely do anything but lose there. If you mean anything from MoP...then do tell, since I haven't heard a thing.

They lost there to. They not only lost, blizzard dropped the ball, had Garrosh and his plans fail, and the Night Elves got crushed STILL. Also Tyrande and Shandris were called stupid. In text. From a third person point of view.
Edited by Ferlion on 10/24/2011 12:17 AM PDT
91 Human Warrior
10/23/2011 11:38 PMPosted by Eruwen
I bet we're losing Stormwind and our new main city is going to be the outhouse in Searing Gorge.

this. as for retaliation well the gnomes invent nuclear weapons and blow up orgymar and under city. the radiation mutates taurens into having two heads and 6 arms and the taurens go insane with rage and all moo at once causing a moo quake that destoys the world. Then michale bay adds about thirty explosions in there just for good measures. this is the end of azeroth.
86 Draenei Priest
10/24/2011 12:15 AMPosted by Cymbal
If you recall, there were some Val'kyr in the area that were rezzing fallen soldiers/farmers to turn against the Alliance. Get on your knees and thank Thassarian that he got you out of there before you became one of them

Except the part where we kill all of them and suddenly, "Noo it is now too hard! Wasted effort everywhere, go away!"
25 Blood Elf Priest
10/24/2011 12:08 AMPosted by Aenwyn
The only rational outcome of losing Theramore will be for the Alliance to fight back--to seek blood for the lives and territory that are lost.

There are skirmishes around the edges and then there are the events that trigger off the primary conflict. It appears as if Horde incursions into Ashenvale weren't enough to bother Varian very much. That's the night elves and draenei (to a much lesser extent) concern after all. And it's quite clear that Varian takes his allies for granted and doesn't feel a great need to extend himself on their behalf.

Theramore, however, is a primary base for Varian/Stormwind in Kalimdor. Note that the story I'm seeing is less about Horde vs. Alliance and much more about how Varian is finally prodded into taking up his sword. This is about Garrosh calling out Varian by attacking him directly.

Good stuff.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]