Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

90 Blood Elf Warlock
its done. Alliance keep getting owned again and again :(
90 Worgen Warrior
10/23/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

What I, at least, have been observing is this:
....one faction will assault cherished towns of the other faction and the other faction does absolutely nothing.

And it's been a pretty ongoing theme. It extends well beyond that however. Malfurion is a care bear for the most part. Varian (until of course the next expac where he apparently gets up) has done nothing and our other faction leaders/ or factions do even less then that. For example, The draeni have been building forest song since BC and not a single brick has moved. But for the coup de gras, Garrosh is right in the middle of Orgrimmar making [for the allaince] ridiculously difficult to get in comparison to having to kill Varian. Fighting to Varian to kill him is easier now than it ever was.

Given the history here excuse me if I'm pessimistic.
Edited by Andurial on 10/28/2011 5:24 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Taurajo Village

Never forget

Theramore had it comming
85 Human Death Knight
Taurajo Village

Never forget

Theramore had it comming

Really. Camp Taurajo.

A small camp that gets destroyed, but the attacking forces are positioned to allow civilians to evacuate to safety. A camp with no lore backing it and was hardly ever cared about once you got past level 20.

Versus the home of one of the Alliance's most well known NPC's, the site of an incredibly important moment in WoW's lore, and about twenty times larger than the piddly little camp that the Horde has such a bizarre fondness for.

What would happen if Brill were destroyed? A small town not even half as large as Theramore and about as important to WoW's lore as mud. Would you demand that Ironforge be blown up?
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would demand Ironforge be blown up regardless

You slaughtered everyone in Taurajo, we had a couple sad quests looking for dead people. More importantly you threatened Thunder bluff, so we push back pretty hard when you be creepin' on a capitol.

Besides, I don't even know what Jaina does now a days that her boyfriend Arthas is dead and her green boyfriend Thrall chose someone else. I wonder who her third runner up is.
why are people even upset about this? it's blatantly stupid to even care about that !@#$hole and it progresses the story. maybe we should only ever have non-threatening bi-partisan action at all times, wrynn attacks org only to be pushed back by garrosh, garrosh attacks IF only to be pushed back by shorty AND NOTHING CHANGES. it's only interesting if it's actually possible to lose something.
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's so true, if you wanna declare yourself good then you got to be the victim
90 Night Elf Druid
10/28/2011 05:55 AMPosted by Emaria
That's so true, if you wanna declare yourself good then you got to be the victim

Good = victim. That's certainly a depressing outlook on life.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Turn about is fair play

Is it ever O.K. to flat out attack someone? No, so for the ball to get rolling someone has to and if you want to proclaim yourself the morally better faction then you have to bite the bullet
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hmmmm....

I think we are being played.

Based on the new information about Pandaria, or whatever the new continent is called, Blizz is making two separate camps for Horde and Alliance. With the goal of encouraging world PvP, there will be no more safe havens. And the vendors will be spread around, probably in areas that can be attacked by the other side.

So the devs destroy Theremore and get us all worked up, and now we have a reason to go PvP each other. They must be sitting back and laughing at how smart they are, and how we played right into their little plan.

I don't like being played.

90 Blood Elf Priest
This new system is going to be like the pvp vendors in Wintergrasp. Gank city
100 Night Elf Druid
Calling it.. they secretly want to bring back the onyxia raid in Mists and by levelling Teramore it will take longer for alliance to get there so we don't have some kind of unforeseen advantage.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, in all seriousness. Alliance gets all up-in-arms about Theramore getting flushed out to sea, but nothing was really done about Camp Taurajo.

Taurajo wasn't a military outpost. It was a tauren village in the Barrens where everyone was brutally slaughtered, even the children who lived there, by a regiment of Alliance soldiers.

Sure, we get to track down the guy responsible and peel his face off, but how come there weren't so many responses and such anger about innocent tauren being turned into ground chuck?
Edited by Itsuhonani on 10/28/2011 6:28 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I seem to recall that conversation on the threads before Cata came out and everyone had all the time in the world to !@#$% about it till the expansion hit. Kinda like now :-p
90 Blood Elf Hunter
How does this thread have 132 pages of posts?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Occupy WoW Forums

99% of the posts are on 1% of the topics
100 Night Elf Druid
Okay, in all seriousness. Alliance gets all up-in-arms about Theramore getting flushed out to sea, but nothing was really done about Camp Taurajo.

Taurajo wasn't a military outpost. It was a tauren village in the Barrens where everyone was brutally slaughtered, even the children who lived there, by a regiment of Alliance soldiers.

Sure, we get to track down the guy responsible and peel his face off, but how come there weren't so many responses and such anger about innocent tauren being turned into ground chuck?

the same way that the skinned night elves don't get any uproar.. its because most people don't even know about it because they skip reading quests, are already past levelling any charters from 1-58 etc (all the alts I've played since Cata released are only being levelled from 80-85.
85 Draenei Warrior
10/28/2011 06:28 AMPosted by Itsuhonani

You know what happened to Camp T from an Alliance player's perspective? It was the site of a genocidal raid totally out of keeping with Alliance principles, and we are sent on a quest to arrest looters there. We kill several, of course, arrest X number and return with the quest.

You know what happened to Silverwind Refuge? No? Yeah, that hasn't been mentioned too much in this thread. Silverwind Refuge (http://www.wowpedia.org/Silverwind_Refuge) was an Alliance quest hub in Ashenvale. Never had a flight point, but it used to be the place you could go to get certain rare recipes, as well as some of the First Aid manuals (remember those?). Then Cataclysm happened. And now, Silverwind is a Horde quest hub, complete with flight point. I leveled a Horde toon through there a little while ago, and when you're moving around the place, the still-identified corpses of the Sentinels and the former vendors and quest givers are littered around the place. You know what the Alliance players get to do there?

Nothing. Zip. Zero. It's not even mentioned, for Gods' sakes. The guy who did Camp T? You got to "peel his face off". We get to glimpse Silverwind as we get run to Forest Song on a double-speed ground taxi from Astranaar.

This is what we mean when we say there's an inherent Horde bias at Blizz. It's not the racials, not the BGs. It's the treatment of the Alliance experience as though it's an afterthought, not worth putting much effort into, because Hey! We got an awesome epic idea for the Horde!
85 Undead Rogue
From all the questing I've done(undead and night elf), the horde is overrunning the alliance in every zone they're fighting.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]