Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

90 Blood Elf Priest
Alliance get quests to kinda strike back at the horde in silverwind, that's where you first discover the Huge bomb that is the entire plot for stonetalon mountains. Besides where one city falls you guys get a couple !@#$%in' new ones like the one in swamp of sorrows, so it's not like you're losing ground
85 Human Paladin
Funny how Muarim put it down. Also, why are you still on the whole "theramore is story set up" thing? You didn't read the thread at all, did you? We are complaining about, and let me be clear:

POOR ALLIANCE STORYTELLING

God, I hate having to use caps.
Theramore is a set up? Yes, we know that! We also know it's a crappy one since we have plenty of reasons to attack the horde already. It's not the first move, it's the 15th, all made by the horde.

We complain about poor alliance storytelling, and how blizz favors horde side instead... and you come and say how destorying theramore will further HORDE leaders story. See the Irony in that? Almost all of the few pieces of lore on our leaders are on books. Horde gets the story in the game. Even our cataclysm storylines have been abandoned without mention to ever beeing completed. God, YOU saw the conclusion to the storyline of OUR new race - we got nothing. Hell, why is it that there is a BG again? Please tell me, as to the alliance the game doesn't.

And why we know Calia will never be brought up? Can you do it without her being killed of or ending in the throne room waiting for the NEVER to happen retake of her kingdom, like Genn? Blizz didn't set up a story like that to happen. It's a MMORPG, we will not retake gilneas for it would mean ending the BG, and we will not retake undercity for it would mean destroying good part of the forsaken lore and creating a whole new starting leveling experience for them.

So yeah, not gonna happen.

If it pisses you off that much, why continually read the thread?
As I have said, it is matter of OPINION.
I did not say it will set up the Horde, how do you know this could not be the driving force for the Alliance to finally do their thing? I must have missed the memo where you knew exactly how the story was going to unfold.
The Horde is based on WAR, change factions?
Blizzard has admitted the fact that the Draenei story was badly executed.
Anyone with a creative bone in their body could write a story for Calia, maybe because of what happened she has no interest what so ever in reclaiming Lordaeron? Maybe she would like to help the greater cause at hand?
I did not say the Alliance should take UC, I really do not think it is going to happen, but if it DID I would be interested in how they would even implement that. I also said nothing of Gilneas, while it would make an amazing home city, you never know, unless you work for Blizzard?

I also addressed the whining about poor Alliance story telling. Are you not reading the entire thread? Its Blizzards story, they can do with it what they wish, (that's like telling a novelist what they can and cant do with their story) if it is that big of a deal there are other games for you to play. I personally enjoy the game and the story on BOTH factions and that is my personal opinion.
90 Worgen Death Knight
The Alliance got a story in Cata?
85 Blood Elf Rogue
10/24/2011 11:19 PMPosted by Zarhym
But you will win some and you will lose some. And the wins and losses won't be at equal intervals for both sides, aligning with the release of each patch or expansion.

I'm sorry, what?

What has the Alliance won?

Alliance lost control of Darkshore (Neutral zone, now), is getting manhandled in Ashenvale, lost Southshore (and the zone of Hillsbrad), is on the verge of losing Arathi Highlands, and aren't doing so hot in the Hinterlands.

Horde lost Camp T, and Garrosh's temper.

But hey, what else can we expect out of Hordecon and it's trailers? Mind you, Zarhym, my main is Horde (but I don't like this kind of imbalance).

Sounds like you need to move on over to the office area and pry Metzen away from his word processor. Let someone else make creative decisions for awhile... Metzen is obviously far too attached to the Horde.
10/28/2011 06:59 AMPosted by Thorä
if it is that big of a deal there are other games for you to play. I personally enjoy the game and the story on BOTH factions and that is my personal opinion.

I enjoy both Factions as well................ Thats why I would like the Alliance side to be just as playable and "Prideful" as the Horde side is..

A Bad guy for the Horde is someone that is equal. Just because you beat up the smaller kid in Highschool everyday doesn't make you "The Good Guy"
90 Blood Elf Priest
But half of the Alliance are smaller
85 Human Warrior
10/28/2011 03:24 AMPosted by Keitá
I like all the allys are saying its not fair the horde gets to destroy our city and we get nothing. well first of all think about as a real war why would u want a your enemy to have a stronghold near your capitol city its like haveing a horde base in westfall or darkshore so yes its an act of war but a damn good move tactically. oh and as for the blizzard likes horde over the allys speech lol yes i lol at you allys check your racials compare to the horde racials then see whos the real blizz babies. btw you can have garrosh, Lady Sylvanas for warchief!

Lorewise it would take the might of the entire horde navy and army to take out theramore. Problem with that is the Horde are already opened on so many fronts it is impossible for them to do so. I.e. impossible for them to successfully siege theramore. But Plot armor is a beautiful thing apparently. Alliance seems to constantly have it employed against them what with us losing all of our ALLIANCE HEROES to neutral factions and never having them return but lo and behold Thrall gets to return.
85 Human Warrior
Funny how Muarim put it down. Also, why are you still on the whole "theramore is story set up" thing? You didn't read the thread at all, did you? We are complaining about, and let me be clear:

POOR ALLIANCE STORYTELLING

God, I hate having to use caps.
Theramore is a set up? Yes, we know that! We also know it's a crappy one since we have plenty of reasons to attack the horde already. It's not the first move, it's the 15th, all made by the horde.

We complain about poor alliance storytelling, and how blizz favors horde side instead... and you come and say how destorying theramore will further HORDE leaders story. See the Irony in that? Almost all of the few pieces of lore on our leaders are on books. Horde gets the story in the game. Even our cataclysm storylines have been abandoned without mention to ever beeing completed. God, YOU saw the conclusion to the storyline of OUR new race - we got nothing. Hell, why is it that there is a BG again? Please tell me, as to the alliance the game doesn't.

And why we know Calia will never be brought up? Can you do it without her being killed of or ending in the throne room waiting for the NEVER to happen retake of her kingdom, like Genn? Blizz didn't set up a story like that to happen. It's a MMORPG, we will not retake gilneas for it would mean ending the BG, and we will not retake undercity for it would mean destroying good part of the forsaken lore and creating a whole new starting leveling experience for them.

So yeah, not gonna happen.

If it pisses you off that much, why continually read the thread?
As I have said, it is matter of OPINION.
I did not say it will set up the Horde, how do you know this could not be the driving force for the Alliance to finally do their thing? I must have missed the memo where you knew exactly how the story was going to unfold.
The Horde is based on WAR, change factions?
Blizzard has admitted the fact that the Draenei story was badly executed.
Anyone with a creative bone in their body could write a story for Calia, maybe because of what happened she has no interest what so ever in reclaiming Lordaeron? Maybe she would like to help the greater cause at hand?
I did not say the Alliance should take UC, I really do not think it is going to happen, but if it DID I would be interested in how they would even implement that. I also said nothing of Gilneas, while it would make an amazing home city, you never know, unless you work for Blizzard?

I also addressed the whining about poor Alliance story telling. Are you not reading the entire thread? Its Blizzards story, they can do with it what they wish, (that's like telling a novelist what they can and cant do with their story) if it is that big of a deal there are other games for you to play. I personally enjoy the game and the story on BOTH factions and that is my personal opinion.

The war has already been started. As for the story, they lost the right to kick one faction around constantly when they require their customers of the faction getting kicked around to pay the same as the faction getting everything. While it can't always be equal, the quality of cotnent given to both factions needs to be equal. It's not which means Blizzard is shafting many of their consumers.
85 Draenei Hunter
I'm all for it if it means the story in the game evolves at a quicker rate. Kick the crap out of Theramore, idc, long as Theramore doesn't stay in ruins for an entire expansion.
100 Human Mage
I wonder what this means for Rexxar. Rexxar helped Thralls horde. Rexxar defended Jaina Proudmoore.

With the fall of Theramore could we see Rexxar return as a neutral NPC or even working against the Horde, having felt betrayed by their actions?

Edited to add: I guess what i'm saying is maybe in loosing a city, one that while Alliance affiliated was something more to characters on both sides, could the Alliance gain allies that they never expected, heroes that stand above the fray and who fight for what is right?

Starting with Jaina who while Alliance has been almost neutral. Rexxar also comes to mind as another who may feel betrayed.
Edited by Fairadey on 10/28/2011 7:53 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Rexxar might as well be a neutral character, he hasn't done anything cool since helping us get atoned to Onyxia in vanilla.
85 Human Priest
10/28/2011 02:48 AMPosted by Meikos
The blues sometimes raise the post cap on topics that they want to hear more about. It means that someone is curious about the general player consensus on what Alliance players want and how we feel about Horde favoritism.

They also do it when they want to ignore a topic. Give posters a single place to post about a topic and lock/delete any other thread talking about the same issue. When they are curious or interested in what the players are saying they usually post again in the thread even to just let us know they are reading.
Edited by Fayiana on 10/28/2011 7:52 AM PDT
85 Goblin Rogue
I for one already put in my request to the Goblin Property Office to purchase a plot of Ocean Front Property in the ruins of your precious city. As I am fiscally responsible I only hired Foresaken workers (I don't have to feed them during construction thanks to your meaty carcases strewn about.)

Good day.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I for one already put in my request to the Goblin Property Office to purchase a plot of Ocean Front Property in the ruins of your precious city. As I am fiscally responsible I only hired Foresaken workers (I don't have to feed them during construction thanks to your meaty carcases strewn about.)

Uh, you might want to have an oceanic study done of your new property. Word is that there's some very...hostile oceanic wildlife that would pose a threat to your new home.
85 Goblin Rogue
I was planning a marvel of Goblin Engineering like the Krazworks. The water will be tainted with Alliance blood for while, and that is disgusting.
90 Blood Elf Priest
There's going to be so much blood and oil in the water you won't have to worry about oceanic life for a long time.
100 Draenei Mage
I didn't read all the posts, I mean, 133 pages, wow. But I just want to say I understand why we're getting the shaft a lot (as in, alliance). The Alliance races, while tending to retain unity, are mostly peaceful races. The humans tend to be the more violent race of the Alliance, but the have the light to temper that. The Night Elves are a warrior race but they only fight when necessary, especially after the sundering when druidism became a dominant force. Dwarves are more concerned about protecting their lands and getting drunk. Gnomes, Draenei, Wogen do what they can but they have their own internal issues that they are preoccupied with. When you look at the horde races, they tend to be much more vicious, and they also have few internal conflicts within their races. The Orcs are not just a warrior race, but a race of warlords and war is their way of life. The Forsaken are very vengeful and irreverent. The Trolls are another race who've spent most of their existence warring. The Blood Elves will likely remain loyal to Sylvanas and also tend to be fairly vengeful. And the goblins are "allied" with the horde but we all know a goblin is only loyal to one person... him/herself. With the races of the Horde tending to be more divided, you have not only the more aggressive races, you alos have each race vying for power. In addition, we've seen many raid encounters where the Alliance are at the front door of the most recent world-threatening villain looking to prevent disaster while the horde show up just in time to pick a fight. It seems the alliance are more interested in fighting the good fight and protecting their own interests while regarding the war against the horde as a nuisance. I'm sure this is going to change a lot after the attach on Theramore. Garrosh is making a big mistake attacking Jaina's home. She's always worked to keep a sort of peace between the humans and orcs, always being the mediator required in order to get them to work together against the bigger threats. Now with Thrall absent and an attack of her home after all she's done to quell the tides of war are really going to shake things up. With all the Alliance's achievements when unifying to a cause in the past, I'm really hoping that unifying against the Horde will really show that kind of heroism and the Alliance will finally win some significant ground this time around.
85 Dwarf Shaman
....And, in the end, like always...STALEMATE!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]