Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

29 Tauren Druid
If you don't think there will be repercussions for that in an expansion largely based on the fight between the Horde and Alliance in post-Cataclysm Azeroth, you're probably focusing way too much on being unable to draw direct and equivalent plays for dominance and time in the limelight between the Horde and Alliance

All we are asking is that the story be worth telling. Not some petty squabble fight that won't matter to much or some other reason to get the horde Thrall back (which doesn't matter if they do to me). We just want/need something that will rally the Alliance, to make it so WE (as Alliance players) feel great about OUR faction again. Not just some means to an end to tell Horde their story.
We don't NEED anything. It's a game for crying out loud. And people need to stop jumping to conclusions. I agree with what someone else said earlier. The playerbase isn't mature enough to handle information on future expansions or projects. Everything is QQ nowadays. Everything. I think they should just let people make one post per day. Would definitely clean up this place.
Edited by Hronah on 10/28/2011 6:29 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/28/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Hronah
If you're really that upset over an imaginary faction in an fantasy world, then maybe it's not the game.

It's not the game actually. I burn through quests like kleenex and I pretty much treat dungeons as a fun tactical sim more than a RPG. I just have issues with 'not done right'. Blizz can do this right. They butchered this year's Blizzcon, butchered the first apology, nailed the second. I was stressed until the second, now we coo'.

This one could be fixed (for me at least) with a little less defensiveness and 'why won't you take our word'. I mean, it's not even like it's that controversial. Even Metzen admitted that the Alliance wasn't getting the goodies. I'm still in awe at how fast Blizz swapped storylines, from Alliance isn't getting good writing to 'and we're blowing up Theramore'. Wow, that's a bit of whiplash there.

If blue posted something akin to 'we understand that the message we intended was lost and we're sorry that we presented our plans in a way that fed common misconceptions and we look forward to showing a questline that highlights the best of both sides'. Boom, I'm done. I know that they can't tell us what they've got planned for 4.4 because I'm not insane. ;) Will it fix everyone? No, but nothing does.

tl;dr http://xkcd.com/386/
Every time I ran Kara with my wife and she would get transformed into a Worgen she would squeal with excitement. Cata comes around, and Alliance get a new race, Worgen!

Don't tell me Horde favoritism when you got the most epic race of all time with an amazing back story and we got the fluff silly race. I had to work really hard to keep that woman Horde, what RL impact does losing Theramore have on you? :P

I will trade you Goblins for Worgen in a heartbeat. Goblins got a funner starting experience, better animations, a better mount, and more complete integration into the story and ouvre of their chosen faction.
85 Draenei Paladin
You know what would be a fair deal you stupid hordies?

- You burn theramore, shure...
- BUT we get to retake Lorderon / KILL the stupid 9 live-d Sylvanas / AND for the night elves to retake ALL of Ashenvale and AZSHARA. /Handshake.

Then you wake up and it was ALL the EMERALD DREAM ;)

CUT.PRINT.MOVING ON

That's so horrible, and yet I don't think I'd be able to contain my laughter if the Emerald Dream expansion came out and suddenly everything was fixed because it was all a dream.

Man, the rage on that would be glorious...
90 Orc Death Knight
Look at the grand scheme of things. The Horde has been aggresively attacking the Alliance since Howling Fjord. At pretty much every turn, the Horde has been unambigously victorious. The Closest the alliance has come to victory in the game was burning Camp Turajo, which got painted as a war crime, and the Horde retaliated by destroying the oldest dwarf settlement on the continent. Momentum in a story is important. Extreme momentum can only be overcome with extreme force.

Put it this way, if two fighters just fought each other for 2 minutes, there'd be some pain, possibly some blood, but both people would be standing. If a fighter just gets to wail on someone for two minutes, odds are, they'll kill the person. If the person being beat somehow manages to overcome their injuries and inflict equal damage upon their attacker, there's nothing stopping them from simply finishing off the attacker who is now too weak to defend themselves from a person near death.

By allowing momentum to get out of control, you let the story get out of control.

The storyline in WoW has been out of control since goat people landed in a giant purple crystal space ship and started speaking common the same afternoon.

If Blizzard wants the Alliance to retaliate and gain ground, the Alliance will retaliate and gain ground. The only fact that is unquestionable at this point is that Alliance sucks and if Horde traded Blood Elves for Dwarves there would be no reason to roll Alliance.
Community Manager
I propose Blizz not release any more info about Mists until it's in Beta.

It's pretty sad to see all this uproar over nothing.

lol. Have a good weekend everyone.

10/28/2011 06:09 PMPosted by Quirnheim
Can we still be friends? I apologized. :(

Yes. Thanks for listening. I understand there's a distinction between passion and trolling. <3
29 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Adversary
If you're really that upset over an imaginary faction in an fantasy world, then maybe it's not the game.

It's not the game actually. I burn through quests like kleenex and I pretty much treat dungeons as a fun tactical sim more than a RPG. I just have issues with 'not done right'. Blizz can do this right. They butchered this year's Blizzcon, butchered the first apology, nailed the second. I was stressed until the second, now we coo'.

This one could be fixed (for me at least) with a little less defensiveness and 'why won't you take our word'. I mean, it's not even like it's that controversial. Even Metzen admitted that the Alliance wasn't getting the goodies. I'm still in awe at how fast Blizz swapped storylines, from Alliance isn't getting good writing to 'and we're blowing up Theramore'. Wow, that's a bit of whiplash there.

If blue posted something akin to 'we understand that the message we intended was lost and we're sorry that we presented our plans in a way that fed common misconceptions and we look forward to showing a questline that highlights the best of both sides'. Boom, I'm done. I know that they can't tell us what they've got planned for 4.4 because I'm not insane. ;) Will it fix everyone? No, but nothing does.

tl;dr http://xkcd.com/386/
Your opinion is far from fact. I had an amazing time at blizzcon. And I'm definitely going to continue to go. Just because you don't think something is "done right" in game doesn't mean that's the case.
85 Human Death Knight
10/28/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Dragomaxxor
I admit I forgot about Zul'Drak it has been a long time since I've leveled through Wrath but that doesn't change my point.

Yes it DOES change your point, because you willfully LIED in your post about faction involvement in the game in order to make your point. Without your LIE you HAVE no point.
Edited by Elineé on 10/28/2011 6:33 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
10/28/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Hronah
We don't NEED anything. It's a game for crying out loud. And people need to stop jumping to conclusions. I agree with what someone else said earlier. The playerbase isn't mature enough to handle information on future expansions or projects. Everything is QQ nowadays. Everything. I think they should just let people make one post per day. Would definitely clean up this place.

Of course you say this because your Horde. And its easy to run to "you people are immature". Yes its a game, one I've played since Oct 2005. You do something for a long period of time you become a part of it, part of that story. If you don't like they way people embrace the things they do, I hear Star Wars is starting up soon...
85 Troll Hunter
Horde player since 2005, here. Just stopping in to say that if you Alliance don't like being second best (you always have been and always will be) then feel free to reroll or quit.

I'm sorry that I had to be the one to point out that you chose the wrong faction. Thanks for shopping, and have a fantastic evening ;)

Poster like him doesnt exactly make it feel better. Yes maybe the horde will get its come up-pens and maybe it will be worse than the loss of Theramore, unfortunately due to the medium of storytelling it will probable take years to find that out.

BOO HOO... sometimes your team loses the championship.. does that mean you stop following them next season??!? sheesh talk to Cubs fans about losing and still supporting their side
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/28/2011 06:32 PMPosted by Hronah
Your opinion is far from fact. I had an amazing time at blizzcon. And I'm definitely going to continue to go. Just because you don't think something is "done right" in game doesn't mean that's the case.

Me, Metzen and Morhaine will be over here and you can be over there and I'll feel just peachy about that.
29 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Cogswell

Of course you say this because your Horde. And its easy to run to "you people are immature". Yes its a game, one I've played since Oct 2005. You do something for a long period of time you become a part of it, part of that story. If you don't like they way people embrace the things they do, I hear Star Wars is starting up soon...
I said "playerbase" didn't I? Am I not part of that? And no. I don't take the game seriously enough to be upset over what's happening with my faction. If org were burned to the ground, I would care less. As long as the content continues to be amazing, I'll still be here.
90 Worgen Warrior
Never felt like there was any favoritism untill this expansion, and now this....yeah. Alienating the playerbase indeed.
90 Tauren Priest
Zarhym, you're my hero - you have the patience of a bloody saint.

Can you sign my shoulderpads?
87 Orc Hunter
Anyone here, Horde or Alliance, play during the "Vanilla" days back in 2004? It wasn't because of story but I recall people thinking Blizzard favored Alliance back then.

Anyways, back to your squabbles.
29 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Adversary

Me, Metzen and Morhaine will be over here and you can be over there and I'll feel just peachy about that.
Riiiight.
90 Night Elf Druid
FOR THE ALLIANCE

kill horde
kill thrall
kill garrosh

<3 jaina

stop being friends with horde
we kill em all day everyday
why so seriously friendly?

MOAR WAR MOAR BATTLEGROUNDS MOAR WAR EVENTS IN WORLD PVP
Edited by Canine on 10/28/2011 6:40 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Posting to show some love for Zarhym! I hope your weekend is fabulous. Remember that the blues in the forum are here as a bridge between the players and the people in control! . . .and they are people too, just as fallible and with as much potential for awesome as the rest of us.

Don't be the poo someone's unwary foot lands in. :)
90 Orc Death Knight
Horde is Heavy Metal and Alliance is Pop Country. Get used to it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]