Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

What's this integration you are talking about? Goblins are pretty much cross faction in every possible way, except for the small group that are aligned with the horde. They have a virtually non-existent leader and their story just kind of fades away after the starting zones.

Off the top of my head, you have a whole giant section in Ogrimmar where your Goblins work for the Horde creating war machines, Azshara is 90% Horde Goblins (The other 10% Being Archmage Xylem and some scattered quests from other horde races), you have multiple other Goblin outposts leveling up, such as Hardwrench Hideaway, and you culminate with Twilight Highlands, where a Goblin convoy gets the Horde in, and Goblins destroy the main Alliance city in the entire zone, Highbank.

Compare that to Worgen, who have one village in Blasted Lands that mostly depicts them failing utterly and having their bacon saved by Night Elves, and a scattering of Neutral Worgen Druids who are mostly interchangable with any other Neutral druid questgiver.

Don't tell me Goblins fade away, because that is a bald-faced lie.
87 Human Warrior
Totally dropped the ball for Alliance in Cataclysm...sorry. Horde feel powerful and have leaders who are decisive and participate in the world around them- even if they aren't always portrayed in the noblest light. Alliance faction leader presence is practically non-existent and their faction looks like it's being continually bulldozed.

It goes way beyond Theramore. Horde players get pumped at Blizzcon and are proud of the faction they play..partially because the development team in charge of the WoW story-line and lore gives them a reason to feel proud through events and how they portray the leaders of the Horde in game.
85 Draenei Death Knight
10/28/2011 06:47 PMPosted by Kaioon
Jaina is neutral first and foremost. she wants nothing more then peace between the factions; that said the attack on Theramore may not only drive Jaina to finally take up arms, but also drive deeper the stake that has been hammered between the orcs and the rest of the horde. The horde left Theramore alone not only by order of Thrall but out of respect for Jaina. So we may see Jaina command an attack on Oggri. possibly with the support of the other factions of the horde. war with the Alli is unavoidable; however, the horde can't fight a war un-unified and they darn sure can't fight it if Jaina is willing to take up arms against them.

The popular opinion of the orcish people seems to be that Jaina Proudmore is a filthy pink-skin witch and an oathbreaker. At least, that's the vibe you get while questing at Razor Hill.

The orcish citizens of The Horde aren't reading the forms. They also didn't play WC3. They don't know what we do, they just know what they see and hear.

yes however Baine and Vol'jin we know respect Jaina and hate Garrosh. So the possibility of the tauren and trolls helping Jaina assult the orc capitol and kill Garrosh is there.
29 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 06:43 PMPosted by Broccino
Just put out the fires with all your tears, you sure are crying enough to do so.
ROFL. Amazing.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Zarhym I applaud you for to use the quest walking "Neck Deep In Vile", at least I think that is the quest or an achive...and trying to rein this in with facts and answers.

I think this is alot of people just ignoring the points and seeing what they want.
Edited by Braznul on 10/28/2011 7:04 PM PDT
18 Worgen Priest
I play Alliance and agree that there is Horde favouritism

But this is not evidence of favouritism

Can blizzard not develop the story in a god-damn Ally vs Horde XPAC without somebody calling GHOST?
29 Tauren Druid
10/28/2011 06:54 PMPosted by Vixie
If Theramore gets destroyed, will there be another questing hub for the Alliance? If not, will the Dustwallow questing achievement be removed?

As someone who avoids that zone (the nasty visuals with ugly dead low-hanging foliage that blinds you) since vanilla, I say the entirety of Duskmarshmallow can break off and sink. Onyxia moved to BRM, the big ogre dudes can go fight their cousins in Dire Maul, most of the humans there are AWOL bad guys or scavengers. Way too many murlocs and spiders there, imo. Let it sink.
Woot woot!

/raises the roofz
29 Tauren Druid
Zarhym I applaud you for to use the quest walking "Neck Deep In Vile", at least I think that is the quest or an achive...and trying to rein this in with facts and answers.

I think this is alot of people just ignoring the points and seeing what they want.
Such is the case in all forums. People need to vent real life frustrations. That's what forums are for.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think my problem with this is that the alliance retaliation will most likely be on a continent that we, as players, have absolutely no feelings about.

Our war will start amping up with the attack on Theramore, but we then go and fight a land grab game somewhere that we have not grown attached to. Now unless these 5.0 patches that are supposed to push our war more and more over time actually effect EK and Kalim then I don't think a lot of players will really care about them.

Why should I care about some continent in the south when the horde war machine is tearing up my forests in Ashenvale, Azshara and the alliance held parts of Stonetalon. We had our asses kicked that entire way and we never see and visual repel. Quests just have us fight some guys then move on. Gah I'm getting into a different rant, but I don't like the phasing in Ashenvale for alliance. It all feels like retreating every time I'm sent to a new quest hub, cause even after I leave the horde is still there, bombing my base.

So, now we loose another city that alliance players have grown to like, another big site of alliance lore for the last 10 or so years (in game). But because after Theramore, our battles will (as far as we are told) take place on some new place that our armies have only occupied for a month or so. How is the horde going to feel the same kind of loss that we've been feeling all through out cata content?

I have and idea that I would love to see and I know other alliance would like something similar as well.
Have a patch in 5.0 give us back Danath Trollbane. And have him take Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde for the Alliance! Least then we can get a feel that the alliance is pushing back at the horde in places that matter to us.

I'm looking forward to this expansion, but having our war only affect Pandaria with the patches and quest would be stupid.
85 Troll Hunter
It sounds to me like you want to have your alliance cake and have it taste like horde pie ;P
27 Worgen Warrior
im sorry but blizzard favors alliance, they DID give them garrosh for a leader so they cant love the horde all that much.
29 Tauren Druid
I think my problem with this is that the alliance retaliation will most likely be on a continent that we, as players, have absolutely no feelings about.

Our war will start amping up with the attack on Theramore, but we then go and fight a land grab game somewhere that we have not grown attached to. Now unless these 5.0 patches that are supposed to push our war more and more over time actually effect EK and Kalim then I don't think a lot of players will really care about them.

Why should I care about some continent in the south when the horde war machine is tearing up my forests in Ashenvale, Azshara and the alliance held parts of Stonetalon. We had our asses kicked that entire way and we never see and visual repel. Quests just have us fight some guys then move on. Gah I'm getting into a different rant, but I don't like the phasing in Ashenvale for alliance. It all feels like retreating every time I'm sent to a new quest hub, cause even after I leave the horde is still there, bombing my base.

So, now we loose another city that alliance players have grown to like, another big site of alliance lore for the last 10 or so years (in game). But because after Theramore, our battles will (as far as we are told) take place on some new place that our armies have only occupied for a month or so. How is the horde going to feel the same kind of loss that we've been feeling all through out cata content?

I have and idea that I would love to see and I know other alliance would like something similar as well.
Have a patch in 5.0 give us back Danath Trollbane. And have him take Arathi Highlands and Stromgarde for the Alliance! Least then we can get a feel that the alliance is pushing back at the horde in places that matter to us.

I'm looking forward to this expansion, but having our war only affect Pandaria with the patches and quest would be stupid.
I've been playing for 3 years. I never knew Theramore existed until these threads.
85 Human Death Knight

A story of loss is not always a bad story. My main is Alliance, but I also went back and played through the 1-60 content as a worgen. I loved the story, even being on the side suffering losses. The tension felt palpable and left me absorbed in the story, determined to go beat !@# with each quest I embarked on.

Its not always a bad story, its just not always a good one either. I think that a lot of people just want to see or hear an inkling of whats going to happen here. You can not even hope to dissuade the Alliance players from the simple facts. 1) There is an overwhelming public Horde Bias that is perpetrated not necessarily by you and Bashiok (and the other CMs) on the forums, but by the developers and other employees while putting on Blizzcon. Each year we are inundated with imagery and action that perpetrates this image. It may not be fact, but it is the public face you as a company put on. (If you want anymore proof of that, just go and look at the public apology that had to be given this week over the Lvl90ETauren concert.)

2) That there was not battle after battle fought both in game, and "during the cataclysm events" that have not gone the Alliance's way. While the Alliance incurred a little into Southern Barrens and actually started construction on a keep in Swamp of Sorrows, we saw these as our only movement in an expansion that was marked with war and destruction across the entire world. We saw the siege of Astranaar, the destruction of our flight path in Azshara, the overtaking of Gilneas and the entirety of Hilsbrandt. We even saw the rout of Alliance forces in Western Plaguelands/Andorhal. We even saw the horde expand their reach in Blasted Lands, build a proper "fortress" in Badlands (yes I realize its undersiege by dragons, but its there.) We even saw the complete destruction (nuclear) of another Alliance area.

Yes there is something to be said about story and how it needs to play out, but during all this time, we have been like a battered wife/husband, just coming home day after day and enduring the beatings. You release this information in interviews and do not do it with any context that is required. If you had simply said, "theramore is going to be a focal point of the preMoP RedvBlue war event," no one would ahve said a word other than "omg cool". Instead, once again the PR people didn't do their job and released it in the wrong way, using the wrong wording, and you are here just making it worse. Even if I would love to hear what is to come, I would just love it if you said, "we are done talking about this" and walk away. Hell, I would love if this event was not even run on the PTR so we can see it as it happens instead of it being ruined 2 months before hand like so many things in the game have become.

(As to that, I would really like to see the interesting content, especially raid content, not on the ptr. We'd rather see, slightly over the top difficult encounters with some bugs, rather than watch the elite and middle of the road, know the encounters like they were farm content come night 1.)
90 Human Warlock
10/28/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
This is honestly an odd and difficult conversation to have about Theramore right now. It'd be like reading Lord of the Rings up to the point where Gandalf gets trapped atop Orthanc, stopping there, hearing from someone that he later falls to his death fighting a balrog, then complaining that his character could've been developed so much better before the story ended.

This would be a great analogy if we were told LOTR gets better and has this really exiting story and don't count Gandalf out! And then we paid $15/mo for 2 more years waiting for that to happen.

I won't mention that everyone thinks Varian is a tool because you guys did such a piss poor job bringing him into the game and explaining his back story, his passion, and his humanity.

You guys have such a thing for Thrall you even forgot about the Aspects doing some ceremony on Nordrissil, explaining how Ysera awoke from the dream after painting a grim picture in Wrath, and Nosdormu, missing for 2 expansion just happens to show up, no story there. Hey, but Thrall got married, grats to him.

Should just change the name of the game to World of Thrall, it would at least be more accurate.
Edited by Maximusrex on 10/28/2011 7:40 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
I propose Blizz not release any more info about Mists until it's in Beta.

It's pretty sad to see all this uproar over nothing.

lol. Have a good weekend everyone.

Woot, my first quote by a blue.

Take care Z, enjoy your weekend.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Man it's not like you are forced to play one side or the other. This is why they shouldn't give into the crying, give an inch people go crazy till they devour everything in their psychotic urges.
85 Troll Hunter
10/28/2011 07:13 PMPosted by Maximusrex
This is honestly an odd and difficult conversation to have about Theramore right now. It'd be like reading Lord of the Rings up to the point where Gandalf gets trapped atop Orthanc, stopping there, hearing from someone that he later falls to his death fighting a balrog, then complaining that his character could've been developed so much better before the story ended.

This would be a great analogy if we were told LOTR gets better and has this really exiting story and don't count Gandalf out! And then we paid $15/mo for 2 more years waiting for that to happen.

I won't mention that everyone thinks Varian is a tool because you guys did such a piss poor job bringing him into the game and explaining his back story, his passion, and his humanity.

You guys have such a !@#$%^ for Thrall you even forgot about the Aspects doing some ceremony on Nordrissil, explaining how Ysera awoke from the dream after painting a grim picture in Wrath, and Nosdormu, missing for 2 expansion just happens to show up, no story there. Hey, but Thrall got married, grats to him.

Should just change the name of the game to World of Thrall, it would at least be more accurate.

omg alliance get mad that the horde think you're all cry babies but you never fail to prove our point... Thrall IS a major Warcraft character if I have to remind you... so he gets some face time and you are surprised?! you got your beloved Malfurion back and you are so easily taking that as oh nothing ever happens for alliance.. did you forget the whole expac we had to kill your corrupted former alliance hero? or the one about the night elf who turned bad.... sheesh horde finally get a day in the sun and you claim your the neglected step child! its one expansion!
90 Blood Elf Warrior

This I agree with. So what Thrall got married I was more concerend with the ritual the dragon aspects were doing, what happened with that anyways? A bunch of nothing cause we had help Thrall, and even then the ritual was never finished.
85 Draenei Death Knight

If your comparing the Horde to Sauron's Orcish army and Gandalf to the Alliance then I hope the Horde falls into the ground, never to be seen again. Meanwhile, the Alliance has taken over the world and plunged it into a state of peace.
100 Human Paladin
This whole xpac the alliance got hosed.

Worgen: A few small quest hubs and their town is taken over by the horde

Goblin: A whole zone and many quest hubs

The alliance lost a ton of ground this xpac and our factions leaders just sit in the cities saying "Good Day", our leaders do nothing. The alliance got kicked around more this xpac then ret paladins in vanilla (That is a lot of beatings). We want to be prideful in our faction, we want our leaders to lead, and we don't want promises that will never come true.

Also: Still waiting on that dance studio you promised us and even put on the box for WOTLK. . .
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]