Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

41 Gnome Priest
I thought after all the blatant horde favoritism in Cata that the alliance would get SOMETHING in the new xpac, so disappointing that there are only horde writers at Blizzard.
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm wondering how they could have gone about starting the heated conflict in MoP and yet not make anyone upset.

I'm sure that if the Alliance had attacked a Horde settlement there would be a similar thread complaining about the Horde being made into victims, and how the Alliance were being made into antagonists.

And yet Horde pick 95% of the fights and have destoryed about a 1000 times more alliance things than alliance has of horde since the beginning of Warcraft... Horde claims to be noble and yet idolizes the heroes of the "old" Horde... Sorry but the Horde has never changed and are still evil but without the excuse of demonic corruption... Thrall was the only thing that gave their change of heart some kind of credibility but he left... The alliance doesn't really need anymore motivation to outright bulldoze the lot of them...

I never said they weren’t or they didn’t deserve anything.

From an image standpoint, the horde is in a better position to wreak havoc because it is expected, they're horrible people those Warsong clansman. However if the alliance does it, it shows them in a negative light, and what I was saying was that this is not a case where Blizzard can win. If the alliance attacked something, there would have been an uproar from people upset about the alliance being shown as uncharacteristically violent warmongers, and in this case the upset is from them being shown as weak.
85 Goblin Warlock
Heaven forbid something interesting happened in the game.

Please for the love of all that is holy and dear and good in this world(of warcraft), don't try to progress the story in a way that might be cool, and different.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMIT THE UNFORGIVING ATROCITY, THE HELLISH ABOMINATION THAT IS AN EVER-CHANGING NARRATIVE AND CREATE NEW LORE AND EVENTS!!!

90 Pandaren Mage
I do see this hurting the hrode more then helping it as well as pointing out before the trolls will not stand for this and most likely tell thrall who will come and smack Garrosh over the head and do many many things to make his life a living heck and make Garrosh beg for death.. Also as someone pointed out in the last topic. Horde may have Taruen but If your recall Stonetalon some of the grimtotem sided with us as well
Community Manager
So, at BlizzCon we provided a few details about a new expansion and how it's going to have an ever-growing focus on the fight between the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of dispelling many very powerful threats to all of Azeroth. Then we find out a vague detail that some sort of unrelenting attack by the Horde on Theramore is to come. The Horde, to remind you, is currently a faction with an overzealous ruler and significant turmoil among their faction leaders; while the Alliance has almost never been quite so unified and far removed from the days of imprisoning orcs.

The first pawn on the chess board of what is to be the story for Mists of Pandaria is being moved, and you're angry at whose turn is first? I only offer that maybe there's a little more to the Horde and Alliance story lines in Mists than an Alliance town being leveled... like the entire expansion story you don't know about yet. ;)

If you wanna make an omelette...
16 Dwarf Hunter
So, at BlizzCon we provided a few details about a new expansion and how it's going to have an ever-growing focus on the fight between the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of dispelling many very powerful threats to all of Azeroth. Then we find out a vague detail that some sort of unrelenting attack by the Horde on Theramore is to come. The Horde, to remind you, is currently a faction with an overzealous ruler and significant turmoil among their faction leaders; while the Alliance has almost never been quite so unified and far removed from the days of imprisoning orcs.

The first pawn on the chess board of what is to be the story for Mists of Pandaria is being moved, and you're angry at whose turn is first? I only offer that maybe there's a little more to the Horde and Alliance story lines in Mists than an Alliance town being leveled... like the entire expansion story you don't know about yet. ;)

BREAK A FEW ARAKKOA EGGS

OR TROLL EGGS

Trolls breed through eggs, right?
90 Night Elf Mage
Think of it this way: from now on we can use this as proof that the Horde is the evil faction. We'll be able to hold our heads high during the coming war and blame all of it on the Horde.
90 Night Elf Druid

To use that analogy, does that mean that the Alliance played all of Cata on a bender and 2 hours of sleep?
100 Human Warrior
10/23/2011 11:02 PMPosted by Zarhym

YOU GOTTA SMASH SOME HEADS

90 Draenei Shaman

You consider it the first move. But I think that this war has been brewing since Cata, and the horde has gotten all nothing but wins in cata. The fact that the Alliance has lost gilneas(and the few quest showing the Alliance actual beating back the horde can only be experience by the horde add to the annoyance) we didnt manage to destroy Stonard and then Stormwind is still in ruins while Org has gotten a make over sort of ticks me off.

Anyway I do get a degree of schadenfreude knowing that Jaina gets her precious city destroyed even though she has been cuddling the Horde. Maybe this will teach her(and Anduin) you dont help the Horde when there at each other throats.
Edited by Zerde on 10/23/2011 11:10 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Heaven forbid something interesting happened in the game.

Please for the love of all that is holy and dear and good in this world(of warcraft), don't try to progress the story in a way that might be cool, and different.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMIT THE UNFORGIVING ATROCITY, THE HELLISH ABOMINATION THAT IS AN EVER-CHANGING NARRATIVE AND CREATE NEW LORE AND EVENTS!!!

The thing is, it's no longer new or interesting to see the alliance get beaten and pushed back by the horde. This is old hat now.
Community Manager
10/23/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Gobrin

http://twitter.com/#!/talkingcongas/status/128350850199457794
85 Worgen Rogue
I'm still apprehensive over the invasion of Theramore. It can end bad for the Alliance, or bad for both factions. Blues forgive me for fishing for an answer, but will Night Elves get something nice, after seeing all Ashenvale burn?
Community Manager
I really hope Jaina strikes out on the horde with full anger hatred now that Thrall is no longer a horde the aspect of earth. I would love to see her shed blood and become just as vicious as Varian himself!

GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!

Hmm...
90 Worgen Rogue
10/23/2011 11:02 PMPosted by Zarhym

I kind of want breakfast at 11:07 pm now. Thanks Zarhym.
100 Human Warrior
10/23/2011 11:06 PMPosted by Zarhym

<a href="http://twitter.com/#!/talkingcongas/status/128350850199457794">http://twitter.com/#!/talkingcongas/status/128350850199457794</a>

So a just and righteous crusade against the Horde? :D

oh the bards will sing of this...

on a serious note that's mad funny it's on twitter
100 Gnome Rogue
Who lives in Theramore again?

Hrm. I wonder if they'll be put out by this...

don't tell me this is hinting at version 3 of ony's lair
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]