Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

85 Goblin Warlock
I really hope Jaina strikes out on the horde with full anger and hatred now that Thrall is no longer a horde became the aspect of earth. I would love to see her shed blood and become just as vicious as Varian himself!

GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!

As long as she doesn't cry anymore.
1 Dwarf Warrior
So, at BlizzCon we provided a few details about a new expansion and how it's going to have an ever-growing focus on the fight between the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of dispelling many very powerful threats to all of Azeroth. Then we find out a vague detail that some sort of unrelenting attack by the Horde on Theramore is to come. The Horde, to remind you, is currently a faction with an overzealous ruler and significant turmoil among their faction leaders; while the Alliance has almost never been quite so unified and far removed from the days of imprisoning orcs.

The first pawn on the chess board of what is to be the story for Mists of Pandaria is being moved, and you're angry at whose turn is first? I only offer that maybe there's a little more to the Horde and Alliance story lines in Mists than an Alliance town being leveled... like the entire expansion story you don't know about yet. ;)

If you wanna make an omelette...

give spoilers pl0x
90 Human Paladin
So, at BlizzCon we provided a few details about a new expansion and how it's going to have an ever-growing focus on the fight between the Horde and the Alliance in the wake of dispelling many very powerful threats to all of Azeroth. Then we find out a vague detail that some sort of unrelenting attack by the Horde on Theramore is to come. The Horde, to remind you, is currently a faction with an overzealous ruler and significant turmoil among their faction leaders; while the Alliance has almost never been quite so unified and far removed from the days of imprisoning orcs.

The first pawn on the chess board of what is to be the story for Mists of Pandaria is being moved, and you're angry at whose turn is first? I only offer that maybe there's a little more to the Horde and Alliance story lines in Mists than an Alliance town being leveled... like the entire expansion story you don't know about yet. ;)

What's the second move? Maybe you can burn down darkshore next, that would be really epic. Perhaps we could for the second move have duskwallow get plagued by sylvanis, she hasn't done anything for a few months. Or maybe we can cut to the chase and burn down the rest of stormwind. That would be really big. Oh the possibilities!

Last time you sold the moving narative thing the only thing that happened is I helped thrall get married. You say one thing, but the only thing that happens is more alliance screwing.
60 Troll Hunter
First let me get this bit out of the way

<Obligatory Vol'jin for warchief comment here>

Next, theramore being destroyed could make one very important orc, very unhappy, we can't forget that he happens to be pretty close with the leader of that town.

Now,

Dear Vol'jin,

make good on your promise. Put an arrow through Garrosh's heart.

Love,
Jilixx
100 Draenei Shaman

Just seems like the Alliance always get's their egg's cracked for the Hordes "omelette"
Edited by Kloia on 10/23/2011 11:11 PM PDT
46 Dwarf Warrior

The problem is that the Horde always goes first. Always.
85 Human Warrior
I really hope Jaina strikes out on the horde with full anger hatred now that Thrall is no longer a horde the aspect of earth. I would love to see her shed blood and become just as vicious as Varian himself!

GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!

Hmm...

Is that a problem, Zarhym?
90 Pandaren Mage
we better see Kul Tiras come in and blockade all thord cities. they are suppose to be teh strongest Navy in game and are an ally town as well and not to mention this iwll push thrlal over bored with Garrosh. 1st Carine now Jania. he is a dead orc
Edited by Cylestea on 10/23/2011 11:14 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
10/23/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Cylestea
we better see Kul Tiras come in and blockade all thord cities. they are suppose to be teh strongest Navy in game and are an ally town as well

I'll say.

If they can blockade landlocked cities, they're the best navy this side of the Spanish Armada.
41 Gnome Priest

It's just so boring that you guys have made the alliance so weak, it's stupid to have the enemy of your favorite faction be so incompetent and weak. The ENTIRETY of cataclysm was about the horde making gains everywhere, except in the southern Barrens where it's a stalemate.

A gain is also not "Oh look the alliance get a base in pandaria, see we can write alliance story too lol".
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Horde Invades and Destroys Theramore. Alliance relaliates. at the end of the war Alliance rule all of the Eastern Kingdoms, and northern half Kalimdor. Quel'Thalas will be it's own separate neutral faction. The Tuaren will rule the Barrens, Mulgore, Tanaris, Thousand Needles, and Un'Guro Crater. The Trolls will have Durator, Echo Isles, and Desolase.

The Orcs will once again wind up in prison, only they're held in a Troll prison and will be released early for good behaivor. Soemhow Outland gets fixed and reforms into the planet Draenor again and the Orcs move back there. The Forsaken are wiped off the map.

These threads are amusing and really shows how well knee-jerk reactions can catch like wild fire.

I get the impression that everyone who is bothered by this feels as though the Alliance will simply tuck-tail back to Stormwind and cry while that scurry Horde keeps leveling alliance zone after zone without consequences to their actions and that'll be that for the expansion.

However, Varian is quite happy with being mad as a hatter when it comes to killing Orcs on a good day so you think this first strike will go unanswered without absolutely massive repercussions for the Horde?

You guys really need to have some faith in your faction and look ahead at what this one action will do as whole rather than as one event.
90 Pandaren Mage

I'll say.

If they can blockade landlocked cities, they're the best navy this side of the Spanish Armada.

Org isnt Landlocked and is the hrode capital. UC is very close to the sea and can be cute off fro mtheir ships, Not to mention SMC is by the sea as well, ONly TB is land locked
Edited by Cylestea on 10/23/2011 11:16 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
10/23/2011 11:15 PMPosted by Baranar
I get the impression that everyone who is bothered by this feels as though the Alliance will simply tuck-tail back to Stormwind and cry while that scurry Horde keeps leveling alliance zone after zone without consequences to their actions and that'll be that for the expansion.

You must be a time traveler from Cataclysm Beta, because that's the exact same B.S. we heard back then too. And *SPOILER ALERT* that's exactly what happened.
41 Gnome Priest
These threads are amusing and really shows how well knee-jerk reactions can catch like wild fire.

However, Varian is quite happy with being mad as a hatter when it comes to killing Orcs on a good day so you think this first strike will go unanswered without absolutely massive repercussions for the Horde?

You guys really need to have some faith in your faction and look ahead at what this one action will do as whole rather than as one event.

Varian will get a quest in the next xpac, that will be the alliance gain.

Quest: Watch your king!

It's a glorious day! The king is stepping out of Stormwind we haven't see this since the Wrathgate!

Watch Varian as he gets on the tram to Ironforge and do a /wave emote before he departs.

Also The Alliance was suppose to be fighting back in Cata too, but that never happened.
Edited by Healstime on 10/23/2011 11:19 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/23/2011 11:02 PMPosted by Zarhym

Are you saying Stalin is going to be the new leader of the alliance?
100 Dwarf Hunter
Zarhym, what is planned to be done with the mage spells to port and make a portal to theramore? Will they be replaced? Will they just go away with no word? What will happen to them.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]