Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

I'll believe that there is something positive happening for the Alliance when I see it.
85 Tauren Paladin
10/23/2011 11:47 PMPosted by Ancestralmag
I hope the alliance destroys something too :D

I would assume they would.

This goes above balancing factional territories for the sake of gameplay like everything in Cata, so I would hope that something would actually be done considering this is supposed to be a major plot point of some kind.
80 Night Elf Druid
Zarhym I feel that we have all made our views perfectly clear to you. The thing is that the story isn't interesting when it is just one side completely annihilating the other. The story is much more interesting when there is a give and take between the sides. It doesn't need to be 1:1 but there still needs to be some give and take. We were promised that for Cataclysm and it never happened. We got our hopes up with the fact that since MOP is about horde vs. alliance then maybe there would be some give and take. Of course the first thing that happens is Horde wins yet another battle. You need to understand that we are a little worried that it is just going to be the same thing again.

So how about this. We already know about Theramore. That's done and there is nothing we can do about it. Can you atleast tell us something....anything that the Alliance does in retaliation. Something that makes us go, "Hell yeah it is nice to be Alliance!" You can even be cryptic. Heck if you don't want to tell us that then atleast tell us this. When exactly will the Alliance get their act together and do something? Is it also going to happen in the beginning of this expansion, middle of this expansion, or will we have to wait till the expansion afterwards until we see the Alliance win something. Please, give us something.
65 Gnome Warlock
10/23/2011 11:47 PMPosted by Ancestralmag
I hope the alliance destroys something too :D

They will, just in a twist of intended irony it'll wind up being themselves given how Metzen writes the lore and all.
85 Worgen Rogue
10/23/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Cylestea
Also the Alliance does have another port town very far south in Feralas by the Name of Feathermoon Strong hold who is massing up weapons and soldiers yet does nothing with them. Hmmmmmmm

A buncha ogres are going to keep it busy, and it's going to be one of those eternal stalemates despites Shandris, the best Sentinel the Night Elves have, is right there.
90 Human Death Knight
If this means that the Horde loving Hippie will die in the attack I am all for it... It might actually make me consider to continue playing once MoP comes out. I am used to Alliance being the underdog for a while now and I want all the former alliance members who went neutral and the ones who are like Jaina and Anduin to die in a most painful and grueling "thousand rabid Pandas attack". Long live Varian!
65 Gnome Warlock
10/23/2011 11:49 PMPosted by Cylestea
Also the Alliance does have another port town very far south in Feralas by the Name of Feathermoon Strong hold who is massing up weapons and soldiers yet does nothing with them. Hmmmmmmm

...you do know they're fighting off a Naga invasion down there right?
90 Night Elf Priest
Jaina goes wild.

Danath returns.

Alleria and Turalyon pop up?

If even two of these three happen, I think you will see the Alliance QQ reduce for a few days at least.
65 Gnome Warlock
10/23/2011 11:51 PMPosted by Sorreal
Tyrion Fordring

Exiled from Lordaeron before the events of WC3 occured.
90 Pandaren Mage

...you do know they're fighting off a Naga invasion down there right?

and the naga just faced a Major set back in vashjir and will need to lick their wounds.
86 Draenei Priest
10/23/2011 11:55 PMPosted by Chamolin
The more stuff that happens to Alliance the more angry they will be and that's not gonna be good for horde is it?

Let's ask Metzen.
Community Manager
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

Exiled from Lordaeron before the events of WC3 occured.

Also said his heart would still be for the Alliance.

I'll believe that when he's not defending genocidal maniacs, or watching Alliance soldiers die and be raised as zombies by the Horde on his front doorstep.
90 Night Elf Druid
The more stuff that happens to Alliance the more angry they will be and that's not gonna be good for horde is it?

They shot Tyrande!

and the naga just faced a Major set back in vashjir and will need to lick their wounds.

They won in Vashjir
65 Gnome Warlock
10/23/2011 11:53 PMPosted by Rìchy
If even two of these three happen, I think you will see the Alliance QQ reduce for a few days at least.

Two of those things won't happen because they're too busy trying to make Varian into the face of the Alliance despite him being liked by Alliance players about as much as Garrosh is liked by Alliance players. Introducing lore favourites would completely derail that effort unless they wound up being killed off in some fashion or otherwise removed from the story like Magni was.

Not going to make any difference how angry the Alliance gets if we're not allowed to fight back.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]