Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism. pt. 2

58 Blood Elf Death Knight

The horde is fighting within itself. The racial leaders aren't too happy with Garrosh and we've even killed off one of our leaders. The fact that the horde is even stable enough to attack an alliance city with such force is surprising in itself.

That's not Alliance content. That's Horde content. It occurs entirely between the Horde and the Horde gets to experience it.

You're right in that regard as I haven't done a lot of questing on my alliance toons. We're taking hits all our own but we're fighting a war on 2 sides. As history has shown, doing so is pretty much a loss. Garrosh is pushing for expanding and total domination. I have a feeling we're gonna spread ourselves thin and get demolished in some big plot or the racial leaders will have a role in taking care of him.
100 Human Paladin
will you guys even step up and do anything about the horde at all!! im mean you been giveing the horde everything allys are like what you makeing them be a race of none going to step up and stop the horde from puting an end to theramore i know its done we cant do anything about it why will you guys let the horde take anything and give them all the powers.. i mean will any hero. and i dont mean Us i mean King of stormwind or hell even the two offcer of the horde good old fang and troll leader or even thrall you guys are makeing the war a loseing. everyhting how will the ally even be able to fight back i mean really how give us something to show that the ally are not just push overs
Andorhol - We attack undead, then are told to leave and we get told we lost. Not even allowed to experience it.

Let us participate, even if we lose.

Nah, I played Alliance side Andorhol. We participated in that and we lost pretty damn hard.
100 Human Death Knight
Those of you who say that alliance dislike Varian must be out of your mind! If anything I was praying for a leader who doesn't take any crap from the horde and is willing to make some heads roll. And many other people that I know feel the same way. I don't care much for the "peace loving" alliance while we are being massacred left and right.
100 Gnome Warlock
10/23/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair.

Then, with all due respect, you're not actually listening to the complaints or are writing them off without considering their substance. You compared this to the first move in a game of chess, when we're 40 moves in and the other side of the board hasn't been allowed to take their turn yet.

As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment.

You're a CM, one that's likely been very well trained with PR management and has a great level of skill with sidestepping or otherwise attempting to play off and minimize complaints put to you in the hopes that others will say "Yeah, what he said".

In other words, "Of course you're going to say that. It's your job."

From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina.

An assault that is not only unnecessary, but also makes no sense within the greater scope of the story of the WoW universe. Theramore has a non-aggression pact with the Horde. Thrall, the real warchief of the Horde, is a great personal friend of Jaina's, and Jaina is the reason why the Orcs have a home in Kalimdor in the first place due to her betrayal of her father. All of these elements make even someone as peabrained and small minded as Garrosh hesitant to attack that city, if for no other reason than it being a dishonourable and cowardly act.

There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

One that is horribly forced and canned. There are so many other, more interesting ways to spark a war than "Herpy Derpy make magic woman angry now, lol".
5 Orc Shaman
10/24/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Enekie
What makes you so certain that the Alliance won't be allowed to fight back? Zarhym is telling us as well as he can without spoiling anything that they probably will be.

Quit being a pessimist. For all you know this is an expansion where the Horde will be taking major hits.

If you assume things will turn out bad without evidence, you're a pessimist. If you assume things will turn out good despite evidence, you're willfully ignorant.

Not that I'm saying you, personally, are, but hopes are particularly low because all the promises of Cataclysm went undelivered and the experience was remarkably one-sided and boring.
Blizzard doesn't say "We promise we will do this, or that". Because they know things change. And they know how immature some people are and will shoot that right back in their face. Just because something happened you didn't like, don't be drama about it.
85 Undead Warrior
Zarhym
Im one of the players not thrilled with ....certain parts of this expansion but I have played Warcraft since Orcs vs Humans. Can you tell me if Danath Trollbane returns to Stromgarde or anything reletated. Thanks.
Edited by Joehbobb on 10/24/2011 12:08 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
If you assume things will turn out bad without evidence, you're a pessimist. If you assume things will turn out good despite evidence, you're willfully ignorant.

Not that I'm saying you, personally, are, but hopes are particularly low because all the promises of Cataclysm went undelivered and the experience was remarkably one-sided and boring.

The only rational outcome of losing Theramore will be for the Alliance to fight back--to seek blood for the lives and territory that are lost.

What promises of Cataclysm went undelivered? Just because you don't like the expansion doesn't mean Blizzard didn't deliver on it's promises. And for the record, I loved this expansion.
85 Worgen Druid
What's the second move? Maybe you can burn down darkshore next, that would be really epic. Perhaps we could for the second move have duskwallow get plagued by sylvanis, she hasn't done anything for a few months. Or maybe we can cut to the chase and burn down the rest of stormwind. That would be really big. Oh the possibilities!

Last time you sold the moving narative thing the only thing that happened is I helped thrall get married. You say one thing, but the only thing that happens is more alliance screwing.

Oh please, work with me here. :)

In Cataclysm, desperate times call for desperate measures. And that impact was not equal and 1:1 as far as Alliance and Horde went. The Warcraft universe, at its core, is based on the rivalry between two vastly different factions. To make sure they have shared hardships -- equal ups and downs at each interval -- is pretty boring and severely limits the character development of the leaders on both sides. And it leaves the story with a lack of momentum for building good content.

The Cataclysm only ignited a new flame between the Horde and the Alliance, as each side approached recovering from the crisis in very different ways. But they have something much more pressing to focus on in this expansion: helping Thrall and the Dragon Aspects kill Deathwing and his followers. They provide the overarching and primary conflict in Cataclysm that needs to be dealt with, not the fighting between the Horde and Alliance.

But once Deathwing goes and a new land of opportunity is discovered, who rebuilds, who explores, who defends and protects their people, and who seeks the pride of a conqueror?

You do a good job voicing my opinion. I can sit on my throne and look menacing while you speak for me.
100 Dwarf Hunter
I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

-Isoroku Yamamoto

God I hope so. I would love to see Danath Trollbane return to reclaim Stromgarde and see the entire Kul Tiras armada return in retaliation for the destruction of Theramore.

The Horde, lore wise, would collectively crap their pants.
Edited by Bullettime on 10/24/2011 12:09 AM PDT
86 Draenei Priest
10/24/2011 12:07 AMPosted by Cymbal
Nah, I played Alliance side Andorhol. We participated in that and we lost pretty damn hard.

If you recall, the alliance loss has no basis. We are just suddenly told to leave cause we lost without really understanding why.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/24/2011 12:08 AMPosted by Porimlys
You do a good job voicing my opinion. I can sit on my throne and look menacing while you speak for me.

Male worgen don't look very menacing. I just want to pet you and feed you a cookie.
100 Human Priest
This expansion is sounding worse and worse...
100 Gnome Warlock
10/24/2011 12:02 AMPosted by Cylestea
and we freed him and he purfied the oceans and drove out the naga and their kracken. Did you even run ToT at all?

Did you? Ozumat captures/eats Neptulon. We lost in ToT.
100 Human Paladin
it seem the ally are just going to lose everything i mean just give them stormwind why dont you guys garrosh is your new "hero" to the horde thrall would never never never let this happen. will no Real hero of ally do anything to stop them from wining in every major war what happen to stormwinds heros king is doing nothing but siting in his keep doing nothing to stop them from takeing our towns
100 Undead Priest
Well all I have to say is that Zarhym is the awesome. I commend you on your courage to descend into this thread.

Though many don't seem to have understood your message it was admirable that you tried to deliver it.

/salute

Anyhow I enjoy any tidbit of information you can provide, though really I am waiting upon the troll lore more then anything else.
90 Pandaren Mage
10/24/2011 12:09 AMPosted by Sorreal
What I'm hearing from people is, that Garrosh's Horde is attacking even more Alliance territory and it's not fair. As a player of both factions at level 85 and employee at Blizzard, I just don't fully agree with that assessment. From our perspective, one faction will assault a cherished town of the other faction -- which is also home to a very powerful and honorable figure in Jaina. There's now a conflict presented in the story there to further unfold in the next expansion.

Could you tell us why Twilight Highlands differed so much between factions? For the Horde it was nothing but kicking out the Wildhammers and siding with the clan that enslaved the red dragons (and surprise, surprise the red dragons don't seem to care and help the Horde anyway), but for the Alliance there's the inital fighting back Horde (thanks for removing the actual cut scene for us in favor of a cheap cop-out transition to the zone) and then one quest where you help Wildhammers in a Dragonmaw area they had already beaten and then it's all about fighting the Twilight's Hammer except for the futile back and forth dailies in their destroyed city... they don't even acknowledge the Krazzworks in our quests...

We get a dwarf wedding thou but then the Twilight hammer crashes it but they get married anyway at the end of it
85 Worgen Rogue
Zarhym has been hinting in every damn post that The Alliance will hit back. Maybe not at Theramore, maybe not immediatly, but they will hit back. Hard, or harder, who knows, but they're definitely hitting back. They're assaulting stuff.

The problem here is that The Horde is hitting first, and they are hitting a very demoralized, very beaten, very weakened Alliance. Specially demoralized. Which to me means either the Alliance will hit back harder than that when it's their turn, or they will hit something cherished by The Horde.

That's what I see from Zarhym's posts and the problems the posters have with the fall of Theramore. And Zarhym won't, probably can't, tell us what the Alliance's retaliation is going to be. The way I see it, it'd be juicier to come back to the forums after the Horde loses something (finally), despite whatever occurs at Theramore. And we know that Jaina is not going to die.

My personal interest leans towards knowing if Night Elves will get their victories to celebrate in-game, but that seems kinda so close, yet so far away from Theramore...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]