Blizzcon Video Incident - Why it Matters p6

100 Night Elf Warrior
Unfortunately I made the, what now appears to be, mistake of signing up for the annual pass. AFter contacting customer service to see if I can back out of it before receiving any of the benefits I was told there was nothing at their end they could do. They suggested I post on the forums and tell my Bank to refuse any charges from Blizzard. If i dont see any sort of response from Blizzard in the next two weeks that is what i will be doing. I get to choose not to have homophobic, racist or bullys as friends and I also get to choose not to give my money to companies who either directly support this type of behaviour, or by lack of response to these actions at official company sponsored events indirectly support it. I am going to miss WoW if this does happen but would miss my morals and ethics more if I continued playing under those conditions. By not saying Sorry that was a mistake its just as bad as if they were the idiot that made the statements.
64 Blood Elf Hunter
10/25/2011 07:12 PMPosted by Hackur
I'm of the oppinion that they are using the "let them cry it out" technique.

thats just it though ignoring the problem doesnt make it go away

Blizzard isn't dealing with elementary students. They don't have to appologize because the Horde has more pride than alliance. Yes in the real world when parents saw their children sad because they didn't win the game, they took away the game.

Blizzard isn't going to take the "war" out of World of Warcraft just because you feel the people representing Horde won the pep rally.
85 Worgen Mage
10/25/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Greygull
if I can back out of it before receiving any of the benefits

No, that's the point of the whole annual pass thing, you can't back out.
1 Draenei Shaman
10/25/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Nërfëd
In fact there *have* been reports of some pretty severe stuff directed against Alliance players.

Of course, none of these reports can be verified.

So we're expected to take your word for it these things happened?

No. But it would help if you would take note that there have been numerous reports, from different people over a large period of time. It does at least paint a picture.

64 Blood Elf Hunter
if I can back out of it before receiving any of the benefits

No, that's the point of the whole annual pass thing, you can't back out.

I've seen several posters wanting to back out posting in the CS forums. The blues there are telling them to call billing.

I don't know if you can back out but its worth a try.. gl !!

<3
Edited by Blueberry on 10/25/2011 7:23 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
If my bank cant stop the charges i will just cancel my credit card, if they dont admit that having that video was an error in judgement.
85 Worgen Mage
10/25/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Greygull
If my bank cant stop the charges i will just cancel my credit card, if they dont admit that having that video was an error in judgement.

Yeah... that's fraud. I don't think your bank would be too happy to assist you dodge a contracted payment.

Just sayin!
100 Orc Death Knight
10/25/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Nërfëd
So we're expected to take your word for it these things happened?
I have no proof that they did or did not happen... as I've mentioned in other responses, I would be surprised if a few problems hadn't occurred. I just think with that many people you are bound to encounter a couple of loose screws. It's more a question of if a couple of isolated events equates to generally hostile environment. I did not hear, feel or see any level of hostility... but I don't think that makes for a good story. It can't be a few bad apples... people seem determined that it must be the event is rotten.
64 Blood Elf Hunter
10/25/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Greygull

You really should call billing. Since you signed a binding contract, Blizzard can go after you for payment, which would hurt your credit rating.

<3
100 Night Elf Warrior
Billing told me to tell my bank to refuse charges from Blizzard. and yes i kept that email
10/25/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Blueberry

You really should call billing. Since you signed a binding contract, Blizzard can go after you for payment, which would hurt your credit rating.

<3

It would cost Blizzard five times as much to do that so no.
85 Worgen Mage
10/25/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Greygull
Billing told me to tell my bank to refuse charges from Blizzard. and yes i kept that email

But above you said you hadn't contacted anyone yet...

Well, doesn't matter. Good luck with your efforts, but this isn't the thread for it.
11 Goblin Rogue
The fact that this thread is on its 6th iteration with 5 previous capped threads that were not moderated in any fashion whatsoever speaks TONS as to forum moderators knowing it is here.

I do not support bigotry anywhere, which leads me personally to wonder if my money should go to blizz which in turn seems to be supporting a bigot.

That being said, it is EXTREMELY obvious that there are others that have the same notion.

But hey, they came for the gays first but you werent gay so you didnt say anything...

I dont have to finish that poem but who is next on the bigotry list?
100 Night Elf Warrior
The video didnt say Bleep Bleep Bleep, someone had bleeped it out, but the intent was there and anyone with half a brain should have figured out that people would google the original or could even with their own brain power fill in the blanks. The fact that they are not apologizing for a lack of better judgement is in itself a form of support for the views expressed.
90 Undead Warlock

No one wants to take the war out of Warcraft. They want this stupid player rivalry outside of the game which since you can't differentiate I'm talking about real life now gone. They are sick of feeling like because of the game and that they play a different faction within the game that they are going to be treated like !@#$ in real life by people on the other side of the game.

And thats when you need to grow some thicker skin and learn to not take everything so seriously.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]