Blizzcon Video Incident - Why it Matters p6

100 Orc Death Knight
They obviously couldnt have been everywhere at the con at once.

Its too massive too many people.

Its pretty poor evidence.

Having been to Blizzcon all 6 years though, I can say there is more support from the Horde by the attendees and employees that manage to get in front of a microphone than there is Alliance support.
But does "support" equate to hostile? Is the atmosphere more excited games... or horde looking to pick a fight? Some people are just paining it as some terrible event where you could have been jumped at any moment. It didn't seem that way at all.
if they endorsed what he was saying he would be "the official spokesman of the Horde." But in either case, they're not apologizing for it because there's nothing to apologize for. George was doing an interview with a metal magazine. He's a death metal singer, he was being brutal for a magazine. If any of you actually think he wants all alliance players to be murdered or kill themselves, or whatever...you're an idiot. Now let's all get back to the amazing product that Blizzard has made for us, and stop !@#$%ing about things that don't matter.
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/25/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Halcyón
Showing the video at a convention, and then inviting the guy who made it up on stage as the 'unofficial spokesman for the Horde" is pretty much saying that it is okay - ie. endorsement.

That is not endorsement. I have done panels at conventions before. I was never endorsed. I have been to panels on the same subject by different people who have different opinions and at the same convention. None of them were endorsed.

Unofficial. Learn the meaning of that word.
Please for the love of god learn the meaning of the word.

What they did was, I agree, not in good taste. This guy's opinion has not been endorsed and claiming it is doesn't make you smart, it makes you look like you're wearing a tinfoil hat.
85 Draenei Shaman
Faction pride is fine.
Opposite faction hatred, insults, spitting on, beating is wrong.

Get it through your thick skulls.

To blizzard; alliance are people too. Show some respect at your conventions. (Thank you, Metzen. Salute*)

I guess it is time for blizz to remove the /spit emote eh?
Edited by Ivikatasha on 10/25/2011 8:12 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
Most of the "complainers" already stated they have a problem with Blizzard showing the video, not the video in general even though it was obscene!
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/25/2011 08:11 PMPosted by Lumose
It's going to be a sad day when they stop having Blizzcon because of stupid crap like this, it seems every year after Blizzcon there is always someone pissing and moaning about something, pretty soon they will just say "Screw it all, it's not worth it" keep us in the dark as to what's going on and you all will have nobody to blame but your over sensitive over active imaginations.

"This is why we can't have nice things" - Moot
4 Dwarf Shaman
You can re-define the words and actions a hundred different ways, but if you don't get that Alliance feels somewhat unwelcome at Blizzcon, I'm afraid that's just being dense. Should you doubt what I'm saying, try wearing an Alliance jersey to the next Blizzcon and see how you get treated then. Don't say I didn't warn you.
85 Worgen Mage
It's going to be a sad day when they stop having Blizzcon because of stupid crap like this, it seems every year after Blizzcon there is always someone pissing and moaning about something, pretty soon they will just say "Screw it all, it's not worth it" keep us in the dark as to what's going on and you all will have nobody to blame but your over sensitive over active imaginations.

If Blizzard staff is unable to run a convention without insulting their players and using homosexual slurs, then that's okay with me.
85 Troll Priest
Watching the entire raw video, one can come to the conclusion that the one shown at the Blizzcon concert was rather tame. I highly doubt that beefy guy was being genuinely derogatory towards homosexuals. I think he was using the words he was using because he has a simple and ignorant vocabulary. Anyone who is offended to the core by what this guy said needs to go write about it in their live journal or something.

Dude is just an idiot; don't let it get you down. Blizzard could have shown better judgement but they also probably thought they were showing this clip to a crowd of adult gamers who deal with much more harsh language in daily trade chat sessions as opposed to sensitive children looking for an opportunity to play the victim for attention.
100 Gnome Warlock

They wont stop having Blizzcons because they make too much money from it, and it feeds their collective egos.

On the other hand, it will be a happy day when they remember how much trouble they got into by acting unprofessionally in front of the entire world, and decide not to do that again.
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/25/2011 08:13 PMPosted by Shaevora
If Blizzard staff is unable to run a convention without insulting their players and using homosexual slurs, then that's okay with me.

Was not Blizzard, was not someone endorsed by them, and the video was censored.
100 Gnome Warlock

Was not Blizzard, was not someone endorsed by them, and the video was censored.

When Blizzard puts the video up on a 20ft screen, it doesnt get much more endorsed than that. Quit trying to make it like it was some kind of wardrobe malfunction on the part of Corpsegrinder.

Nothing that is said or happens at Blizzcon is an accident. Its all been scripted and approved by management at the highest levels of the company.
Edited by Forbidra on 10/25/2011 8:22 PM PDT
100 Human Warrior
I'm on the side of the people who think this was wrong, but even I think this is a dead horse. Nothing we can do to get them to admit it was wrong

No what is sad is seeing a Con that use to be about all WoW players turn into this Lord of the flies event where some jackass spews hate speech that causes some paying customers to get hurt.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]