Operation : Loremaster

90 Tauren Druid
I would have made one recommendation - and will for would-be Seekers of either faction:

I think it's quite all right to bend the rule a bit by intentionally queuing RFC (Alliance) or Stocks (Horde.) Trying to sneak into the hostile capital to do these later is annoying. There shouldn't be a problem for any other instance - but those two, ugh.
Reply Quote
if you can fly , its not too bad. i think i only died twice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump for update:

http://ghostsofmidnight.com/Lorecraft/2011/12/17/eastern-plaguelands/

Let me know any feedback you guys have. Posting in the blog is greatly appericated.

When I am done with world loremaster I am planning to do the dungeon loremaster, when i comes to getting into RFC as a high level I think flying in isn't really that bad. I kind of like going to these instances as a player instead of queing for them at low level because it adds more excitement to what is going to be a fairly steam roll instance.

For low levels queing is certifiably the quickest way to see RFC or Stockades.
Reply Quote
Oh this sounds like a lot of fun, and as I love achievements and seeing quest lines I think I should do this also :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I was wondering if you complete all the quests in a zone or if you just complete enough quests to get the achievement for that zone. I ask because I write the addons Wholly and Grail and was wondering if you use an addon like them to track what quests you still have left to do, or whether you just wander about relying on tracking the achievement before you move on. I had originally gotten all the Loremaster achievements before Cata came out and when Cata changed the world I needed to back to do some zones and found that I could not finish some. Before I found out that Blizzard had broken some things, I thought I needed to find an addon to help me. That is what prompted me to write my addons. Blizzard has revamped their requirements, etc. since then so I am contemplating going back to finish the Cata Loremaster things, but I still find the addons useful.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
@Op i did it myself also.

It was a very fun experience. I started to play WoW in Cata so i took on myself to explore and do the quests in their correct order. Since my server have some twink guilds, i also did some raiding, especially at 70s, and it was very good experience.
It took me 1-85 doing all quests, dungeons, raids, and exploration from December last year until a week after 4.2 lauched and it was a very pleasant immersion into the game. Ahh i also grinded all reps when they were relevant to the level i was.
It does take quite a long time but its very fun.

One last thing is that wowpedia and wowhead are very good tools to help you in your quest, anyway have fun and good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://ghostsofmidnight.com/Lorecraft/2011/12/22/thousand-needles/
Bump for update. Thousand Needles done.
To answer some questions.
I do plenty of quests beyond the required achievement number. I try to finish the main quest line of a zone, this usually runs 3-5 more quests over achievement. I do this because in the blog I am trying to give people an overall feeling of the zone, I think the story from start to end of a zone really plays an important part of this.

This blog is taking me a lot longer then it would if I wasn't writing about it or didn't have to keep up with my main. I spend the first 4th or so of my weekly playtime getting maxed out on VP since patch. Plus I try not to get too many zones ahead of what I have recorded in the blog because I am afraid I will forget how I felt about a zone and old hatreds for zones will start to creep back in. For example I really enjoyed revamped STV but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth saying that from all the years I did in vanilla.

As for addons, I use none at the moment. I will probably drop EveryQuest back on my add-ons for WOTLK and BC content since their zones are not as well mapped out and often require random drop quests. EveryQuest can parse every quest you have turned in and have not. The only down side is it doesn't understand race/class specific quests (or it didn't when I did my first loremaster toon in WOTLK)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You may want to not use EveryQuest. The reason I wrote Wholly and Grail was to replace EveryQuest when I found it no longer lived up to expectations. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a fellow programmer, while I do not write LUA, I will give your mod a shot. If it is good or better then Everyquest I will do a blog write up on it so the other people following me who don't necessarily come to this forum thread can hear about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Update for Tanaris
http://ghostsofmidnight.com/Lorecraft/2012/01/06/tanaris/

For anyone doing loremaster now or considering it. Yes when Cata first went live several of the zones had issues being able to complete their new zone requirements if you had done some quests in the zone.
As of now I do not think there are any zones with this issue any longer.
I also don't use carbonite to track the quests in a zone because you can easily track achievement requirements like a quest with the normal wow interface. After I get the achievement I use my notepad, on which I make notes for the zone, to keep track of quests over zone requirement I complete for my goal of generally wrapping up zone related quest stories.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Update for Tanaris
http://ghostsofmidnight.com/Lorecraft/2012/01/06/tanaris/

For anyone doing loremaster now or considering it. Yes when Cata first went live several of the zones had issues being able to complete their new zone requirements if you had done some quests in the zone.
As of now I do not think there are any zones with this issue any longer.
I also don't use carbonite to track the quests in a zone because you can easily track achievement requirements like a quest with the normal wow interface. After I get the achievement I use my notepad, on which I make notes for the zone, to keep track of quests over zone requirement I complete for my goal of generally wrapping up zone related quest stories.

I just hit Loremaster of Kalimdor last night, and didn't find any issues; since Outland and Northrend were mostly unchanged, I don't foresee any there either. :)
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Druid
Count me in. Just finished Darkshore. I started off as a draenei mage on a server where I didn't have heirlooms. Then I decided that NE feral druid in full heirlooms would probably make it all faster and easier.

[EDIT]
01/09/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Kollanie
I just hit Loremaster of Kalimdor last night, and didn't find any issues; since Outland and Northrend were mostly unchanged, I don't foresee any there either. :)

Off the top of my head, Bring Me A Shurbbery got moved into an instance. I don't know if it counts towards ZM, but I doubt it. If you decide to go into the instance to try it, make sure you're BELOW friendly with Sporeggar, even if this means holding off on turning in a quest. Reason being that the quest Glowcaps goes away once you're friendly and the two dungeon quests in Underbog will get even an unguilded non-human to friendly with them.
Edited by Drushku on 1/9/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Felwood done!
Bump for update:
http://ghostsofmidnight.com/Lorecraft/2012/01/09/felwood/

I will make sure to keep an eye out in the Outlands for any troubles I try to give everyone a heads up on quests I had trouble finding in order to get the achievement metric. I know Outlands and Northrend can be pretty "tight" on their achievements but I know there was talk of lowering the required numbers to make it a little less painful.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
The one tip I do remember for Outland is that you do need to go to Shattrath and align with either Aldor or Scryers. If you stay undeclared, you can't finish Shadowmoon, Netherstorm, or Nagrand (the second Altruris chain is needed; Nagrand is particularly tight.)
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Druid
Bloodmyst Isle (BMI) in the books now. Interestingly enough, Ending Their World is no longer draenei only and Newfound Allies counts towards BMI. This allowed me to complete BMI without having to learn Furbolg or do the Odesyus's Landing quests to unlock the mail courier in BMI.

Though The Unwritten Prophecy appears to be draenei only and they'll definitely have an easier time with BMI than non-draenei.
Reply Quote
72 Undead Mage
Having "Loremaster" next to your avatar's name is hardly worth the time invested without another worthwhile reward to go with it like a unique mount etc. Its a massive time sink for a title, when you can pay as little as 1000g for a title like shattered sun? I feel sorry for players who spend an exhaustive amount of time for a tabard that looks like you've been sick down the front of it. What a pathetic reward Blizzard why don't you show your players some more respect.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
You can potentially increase the level you arrive at Cata content by doing quests by level

Eg: Say there are 5 quests each in Westfall, Darkshore, Loch Modan and Bloodmyst Isle that are level 11. You have finished everything below 11.

So you would complete all the level 11 quests (you need to zone hop to do this properly) then do all the 12s, 13s etc. Probably need a helpsite to assist you as the default Blizzard UI does not display the quest level in numbers
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You can potentially increase the level you arrive at Cata content by doing quests by level

Eg: Say there are 5 quests each in Westfall, Darkshore, Loch Modan and Bloodmyst Isle that are level 11. You have finished everything below 11.

So you would complete all the level 11 quests (you need to zone hop to do this properly) then do all the 12s, 13s etc. Probably need a helpsite to assist you as the default Blizzard UI does not display the quest level in numbers

Actually, the default UI can display levels, without any addons or helpsites; turn on colorblind mode, and your (default: L) quest log will display levels, such as [60] Hero's Call: Outland!

Trying to do every quest by level feels a bit too micro, and disruptive to the stories.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest

Actually, the default UI can display levels, without any addons or helpsites; turn on colorblind mode, and your (default: L) quest log will display levels, such as [60] Hero's Call: Outland!

Trying to do every quest by level feels a bit too micro, and disruptive to the stories.

Didn't know colourblind mode actually does that, thanks!

You still need the helpsite to display the list of quests of that level as you may miss picking up some.

Agree on the micro and distruptive part, but unforunately this is the way it works. I hate Outland at 65 and Northrend at 75 (old no restriction on exp though)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]